“Great family stay, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 77 hotels in Boston
“Great family stay, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Live in Ma but came into Boston when we lost power from the blizzard. Chose the Westin based on location and reviews. Service was very good- valet was quick, luggage got to room quickly and ask for late checkout was done no questions asked. Room was a good size and clean. Rain shower and nice bedding and mattress were food extras. The fitness facility was clean had a fair amount of cardio equipment and things like balls, etc. convenient location as you can get to Copley, the prudential center and around the general area without going outside. Had dessert and drinks in Bar 10, which was very good and had brunch here as well which was good. The only two negatives were wifi, parking and having to pay for Disney TV shows were all a bit excessive.

• Stayed February 2013
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I hope you were able to get your power back and you were able to dig yourself out after NEMO! I am delighted that we were able to provide you with safe refuge. It is remarkable and a true testament to our staff that you are able to make such positive comments about the Hotel and Service given the weather conditions...It speaks volumes to the committment level of the staff that they were able to fight through the Blizzard to enusre that they were here to service our guests and with minimum disruption.

Additionally, we cannot agree with you more on the location. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

1,885 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Comfortable bed and great location. For platinum members, upgrade to a jr suite was welcomed. Came with coffeemaker and coffee in the room and 2 bottled water every day. Bath amenities good. Wi-fi was complimentary in the room, but at times slow. If need to, there are 2 computers in the lobby across from the check in area. Access to the mall is covered and starbucks is just out of the lobby area. Breakfast was included. The continental breakfast included so many items, that it was not necessary to ugrade the breakfast fot the meats. The upgrade is an additional $2.50. The staff in the breakfast room so friendly and efficient. The turner fisheries restaurant in the hotel is an great choice for dinner, wish I tried it sooner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...we are very proud of all of our staff and your comments are very rewarding...I will be sure to share this with the Huntington staff.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for a week in early January and was given a room on the 35th floor. The views of the Charles river and city are really fantastic from the hotel, but everything else is just OK. The hotel is undergoing a renovation in the lobby area and I hope they're planning on giving the rest of the property a good scrubbing as well. The room was a good size and was cleaned daily, but never really felt clean. For example, dust was prevalent and the windows had stains from prior guests enjoying the view. Not a huge deal, but a lil bit of windex can go a long way!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the view....truly the best in the city.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't feel that the room was 100% clean. That is not acceptable nor the level of standard that we have come to pride ourselves on. I will be sure to discuss this with our Executive Housekeeper...it is this type of feedback which truly helps us in our pursuit of perfection. The lobby renovation is quick and will be done a week from Friday...we think it will be spectacular, and I hope you will as well...

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

A well located property in the Back Bay. The lobby and public areas are undergoing a face lift at the moment but it did not take away from the stay. Rooms are large and in very good condition. It is very close to both the Copley and Back Bay T-stations, convenient for getting around the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

You are correct on the renovation....the lobby will truly be specacular and we have done everything in our power to minimize any disruption to your stay including our temporary lobby and front desk in Bar 10. It is a very quick facelift that will be done a week from this Friday.

San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

There are usually a lot of business travelers staying here, so getting an upgrade during high season is difficult, but the rooms are nice and the service is great. The location can't be beaten, being right in the heart of Copley, connected to both Copley Mall and the Prudential Center, and steps away from Newbury Street, the subway system (both orange and green lines are around the corner) and delicious food on Boylston street.

Room Tip: Top couple of floors are for SPG members, so sign up for SPG if you haven't!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you also for your comments on the service...we are very proud of all of our staff and your comments are very rewarding...

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Its a nice hotel but has heating issues.. I've experienced it twice in a row now.. Last week, when they couldn't fix the issue, they asked me to change the room. I had already unpacked stuff and it was hassle. This week, it happened again.. :( Over the weekend, I was in Mariott which was half the price and had no heating issue..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

I am terribly sorry you have had issue with the heating in your guest room. We are in the process of replacing all the motors in our HVAC units that are more efficient use less energy but produce more BTU's...we have heard from guests periodically that this can be an issue but we beleive we are not addressing the entire hotel, not just those few instances.

laconia, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was at this marvelous hotel in December and became concerned with renovation needs that were apparent to me. This first weekend of February I was back and totally impressed, renovation is in full swing, and my room on the 16th floor was immaculate and fabulous, and that bed ...

I just love this hotel. Close to everything, not too far from anything, and has amenities that are everything. Love it.

Room Tip: Junior suites are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...we are very proud of all of our staff and your comments are very rewarding...I will be sure to share this with the staff.

We are at the tail end of our lobby renovation which will be done a week from Friday....we made sure that we minumized as much disruption as possible and the outcome is going to be beautiful!

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!