“Warm hearted through and through :)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Great Barrington, Massachusetts, United States
“Warm hearted through and through :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the (Boston) Westin Copley Place, and the entire staff went above and beyond their jobs to make our daughter to feel, like she said, "a superstar." She went to Boston to have a serious surgical procedure that gave her sight. For the first ten years she only saw things to arm length and fuzzy colors beyond that. We are headed to have check up tomorrow and she is healing enough that we expect she'll return to school the next day. The hotel staff made special arrangements for her to be on the highest floor possible and the first morning she acted like it was a fabulous holiday yelling out all the landmarks she could see in Boston from our corner window, showing a fabulous view of most of the city including the Charles River. Thank you for your hospitality staff at the Westin Copley Place.
Karen

Room Tip: Corner rooms can reveal a beautiful view of Boston and the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am so happy to hear that your daughter is doing so well! As a father of a 14 year old and a 12 year old I can only imagine your elation on how well it has turned out. I can tell you the entire staff was aware of your daughter and the procedure and really took it upon themselves to try to make it as special as they could for her...Ben our doorman told me I just missed you as you were leaving, and I apologize for that, but please keep us posted on her progress...give your daughter our best and all the best to you as well....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

After a long summer of working in the hospitality industry my boyfriend and I decided we needed to get away for a night. Found the perfect deal on Hotwire for a 4.5 star hotel in the Back Bay/Copley Place area of Boston for one night. Purchased the hotel and found out it was the Westin. Upon check in we were placed in a King room compared to the two doubles we originally thought we booked. The room was on the 18th floor and located in the corner, it had windows all around with a panoramic view of the city (and in the distance, Fenway Park, which we found out later). Also in the room was a flat screen tv, individual coffee make with Starbucks coffee, in-room safe, and a mini bar (with the normal prices). The bed was "heavenly" which Westin is known for. Bathroom was nice with a magnifying vanity mirror and towel rack that was located on the wall of the shower. The complimentary bottle of water was perfect after a long day. Not knowing the area as well as others, we decided to speak with the Conceirge for suggestions on dinner. Since we did not know what we wanted she gave us a map and suggested we walk Newbury Street for ideas. Finally we decided that we wanted steak and she recommended Abe & Louie's, perfect recommendaton. All in all the hotel was in a beautiful location (also attached to the shopping at the Prudential Center) and had perfect accommodations for our quick getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. Quite and endorsement coming from someon in the industry who I am assuming would be very discerning. We cannot agree with you more on the location and view. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a top-level business hotel, located right in the middle of Back Bay in Boston. It is part of a complex that also includes extensive shopping and dining. The lobby is on the second floor - I guess as a security measure, and there is a lobby bar, Starbucks and soon-to-be Fogo de Chao.
What sets Westin's apart, IMHO, are the beds - really heavenly comfortable beds designed to provide you with a great night's sleep. The bathroom could have been bigger, but it did have a make-up mirror with lighting - an all-to-rare item in hotel rooms. I got a good rate on Hotwire for this hotel, but was treated like a regular guest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. Thank you for your endorsement on our Heavenly Bed. I do beleive it is one item that sets us apart from our competiion. along with our location and our service...as you pointed out we treat everyone the same no matter what they are paying, in fact our purpose is to "engage, inspire and value every person every day..."

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

During my recent stay I left my wallet in a cab. I contacted security my room key and valet slip were in my wallet. Washington Nguyen was great he deactivated my room key and contacted the Valet service, additionally he was able to review the security camera and identify the cab company and cab number, he contacted the cab company and was able to arrange for my wallet to be returned to me, with nothing missing. Washington was very professional and insightful to assist me in resolving this stressful situation, without his help I would most likely still be washing dishes to pay the dinner bill. Hats off to him, thank you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the performance of Washington in on our Security Team. In fact we think so highly of him that we recently promoted him to Supervisor...a promotion well deserved and earned. I will make sure he is aware of your comments and I am pleased that all worked out with your lost wallet.

wilmington, de
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Well, can't imagine a much better location and found the staff on every level of service very helpful and friendly! The decor and room size were pleasing. It is a busy hotel, there did not seem to be quiet public spots. The hotels efforts to support and encourage sustainable environmental practices are impressive and effective. There are significant concerns. The floors to the hotel rooms are completely accessible to anyone off the street, no specific limited access security. The costs for services seemed high relative to other comparable hotels in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Charles River!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location and view. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

I do want to mention that the elevators are closed off to the street level at 11pm and the lobby level elevators can only be activated after 11pm by the use of the guest room key. We also have a full security team that patrols the floors throughout the day and night...

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again the next time you visit Boston.
Ottawa, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Copley for 4 nights in July while attending a conference being held at the hotel. This hotel is really fantastic! It is located in the heart of Boston near many attractions, is connected to a convention centre and shopping mall with a pedestrian bridge and even boasts a small concourse of stores right in the hotel.
My room was a suite with a king bed (which was heavenly) and a business 'area' aka desk, phone, wifi, etc. The room was clean, well appointed, comfortable and quiet. I found the AC too cold and was able to adjust it quickly and easily. The great view of Boston didn't hurt either!
A colleague also stayed here and brought his family along too - spouse and 2 kids under 10. Their room had 2 double beds and was similarly clean, well appointed and comfortable. They requested a mini-fridge which was promptly delievered to their room no questions asked.
The conference we attended was quite large with several hundred attendees but we never felt crowded. It pretty much dominated the 3 floors of conference rooms but the layout was fantastic, meals were pretty good and it was ultra convenient to stay at the same location as the conference.
This Westin has a fairly sizeable workout room and will even rent you workout clothes if you forgot to bring your own. The pool near the workout area is a saltwater pool which was a refreshing change.
On my last night I had dinner at Bar 10. The menu was heavy on the seafood side as are most restaurants in Boston. I enjoyed a quick dinner and drink before heading to the airport. The service was fast and the food was good.
There is tons to see and do right near the hotel and there are several 'T' stations (Boston's subway system) nearby. The T is ultra convenient and totally affordable no matter what your budget is. I purchased the 7-day pass for $18 (even though I was only staying 5 days) which gave me unlimited rides and I got my money's worth and more. Once you know whether you're going 'inbound' (towards downtown) or 'outbound' (away from downtown) it's a snap to use the T. I used it extensively to get to many popular sites - Union Street, Faneuil Hall, Harborwalk, Cheers, Boston Common, Harvard, etc.
When travelling to Boston, consider the Westin Copley for your accomodation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Late arrival but efficient check in, rate great from third party booking site. Concierge very helpful with transportation and restaurant recommendations. Had nice gym facilities but only one night stay so did not use. Restaurant very nice looking and quite packed so guessing food was good. Would stay again if got good rate as the location right at Copley square.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you were able to stay with us...I am very pleased that you found the concierge accomodating. We are very proud of all of them and this just validates our beliefs in their abiltlities and people skills. Turener Fisheries was voted best Seafood Restuarant in a People's Choice Awards, and you are correct in your assumption that it is very good. We have 4 restuarant offerings right here in the building and soon to be 5 when Fogo de Chao opens on November 2nd.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!