“Great Location and Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Bucks County, PA
“Great Location and Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

What a great hotel. Attentive staff knew it was my 22nd anniversary (I informed them when I called to make the reservation) and there was a bottle of champagne cooling in the ice bucket and 4 huge chocolate covered strawberries on a lovely platter, when we arrived. All this was a gift from the Westin.
Bed Comfy. Requested down pillows and got them.
called ahead and made a reservation at the spa for a swedish massage, which was wonderful.

We were on the 35th floor which is the "owners" floor...which we are, I guess, as we own time share in St John. The views were of the River and they were beautiful...but we were rarely in our room. Which was large, comfy and had a flat screen TV (large size) and a nice size bathroom.
Inside the hotel they have Star Bucks and several restaurants.
There is also a coffee machine in the room and Starbucks is the brand they serve.

"10" Bar and Restaurant was very loud at night so we skipped it cause you could not hear yourself talk.

Had lunch at the Turner Fishery which was very good. They are known for their clam chowder and I now know why. Very tasty!

Skip breakfast at the hotel and walk thru the glass encloure to the mall (attached to the hotel) and get a great (cheap) breakfast at the Au Bon breakfast bar. Yogurt, fresh fruit and Bircher Muesli along with the usual Bacon, Eggs and french toast and berries as well as fresh blueberry pancakes. They weigh it and we ate a hearty breakfast for $6.00 each (instead of $17 each at the hotel for less food) which also included a large bottled water (you can have juice too, or coffee, tea, etc)

You can walk every where from this hotel. We walked to the Symphony on Saturday night (fabulous) and on Sunday walked to Faniel hall and Quincy Mkt. Had Lunch (Lobster Roll) at
Todd English's King's Fish restaurant...which was the best Lobster roll witht he sweetest lobster and most side dishes for $18.98.
Also went to the IMAX and Aquarium. which were both wonderful.
GIANT sea Turtles at the aquarium made the trip worth while as never seen any that old, large or close up. They also have sharks, seals, penguins and other things to look at. A sea life hospital is located in the lobby area....they were working on a sick fish (how did they know it was sick??) so we got to see that also.
Save your entrance ticket to the Aquarium and Imax and you get 10% discount at a lot of restaurants.
also BEST Ice cream we found (can you tell we are foodies??)
was right in front of the IMAX theatre..(across the street) there is a large Ice Cream cone hanging over their door so easy to see. they advertise on the Imax screen. Home made and huge portions.

Walked from the hotel to Beacon Hill one morning (thru Boston Commons) ...which is a beautiful park with a child's playground, swan boats on the lake and plenty of food vendors if you get hungry...as well as great places to picinic.
Lovely gardens are blooming everywhere and lots of sculptures and fountains to enjoy.

Wonder over to Charles Street which is Antique row .
The shops had so many museum quality things that it was fun looking at everything and being able to pick them up and touch them...unlike a museum which is hands off. I thought prices were very reasonable for the items we looked at.

There is also Hermes and Other Hi end shops in this area.

On the way back stopped at the Four Seasons hotel and had lunch...the cheapest thing on the menu was $17 for a turkey club sandwich and $4.00 for iced tea...the sandwich was delicious but I would have probably skipped this had I known the limited menu and hi prices...I could have had another Lobester Roll for the price of my turkey sandwich. (yea, I know ...enough with the Lobster...but hey, this is Boston!)

If you like Seafood we LOVED the following places:
*Atlantic Fish Co. on Boyleston
*Legal Seafood - still family owned and they have restaurants all over town.
*Skip Jacks - by far the largest Lobster roll but the bread was stale and the lobster rubbery and not sweet. (@ $23.00 was the most expensive too)
**Todd English at Faniel Hall by far the best, freshest and least expensive.
If you don't want sit down meals you can get great food in Quincy Mkt (Reminds me of a clean Reading Terminal in Philadelphia)

There are TWO malls located by the Westin Copley and both have plenty to see and do...Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th Ave are at one and Lord and Taylors at the other.
It rained while we were there so we went across the street to a Marshalls and bought cheap umbrellas...so you can even bargain shop at Copley.
You will not be disappointed with the hotel or it's location. We weren't. By the way...Valaria was wonderful at the front desk and
David and John at the Concierge were very helpful and knowledgable of the area. Book early for getting reservations on the weekends as they fill up early for dinner everywhere.
It is a Non smoking state...so sitting at the bar is always an option even when the place is full.

• Liked — indoor pool and hot tub was great, bed comfy
  • Disliked — having to leave.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

Overall, I was pleased with my stay at the Westin. My wife and I have stayed at several hotels in Boston and have always liked the Weston. While its not the Boston Harbor Inn, it is very nice and priced reasonably given its location. Only complaint was that I had asked for an early check in and while not guaranteed, they have always accomidated me in the past. Normal check in was 3:00 pm and we arrived at 12:30. Because the Red Sox had played a playoff game the night before they were sold out and behind. They took my cell number and said they would call when it was ready (1 to 1 1/2 hours they told us). We came back a little before 3:00 and it still wasn't ready. Without even asking the desk clerk had the floor manager come out and found us another room that was on the 24th floor (we originally had one on the 32nd) and appoligized for the trouble.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

I was in Boston for a conference. It was my first time spending any real amount of time in a major city. I was very impressed with what I saw of Boston. I stayed at the Westin for 3 nights and I was very impressed with the hotel. It was incredibly clean and quite upscale.

I was able to walk to the Hynes Convention Center without going outdoors by way of a walkway between hotels and buildings that even extends over streets.

The room was decent -- not great but decent. The gym on the fifth floor was far above average for any other hotel that I've ever stayed at. They had many (8-12) treadmills, free weights, and numerous machines.

One night I stopped at the concierge desk to ask about a good place to go for a run. They had laminated maps for 3 and file mile loops around the Charles River. I didn't really even expect to get a good answer much less a printed map.

• Liked — Clean and convenient location
  • Disliked — They charged for internet access
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleethorpes, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

Stayed here as part of a 100 strong group of 'Achievers' from my company...all expenses paid! We had a UK based travel team looking after us so they took care of all arrangements and as a result I didn't have much need to call on Hotel's own staff. Great hotel with great highrise views. Those Westin beds are amazing, almost worth the $10,000 you can buy them for from the in-room catalogue (add a bottle of Westin fragrance and a Westin shower to complete the experience at home!!). The breakfasts should not be missed, especially the breakfast bagels.

• Liked — Upscale feel to the whole experience
  • Disliked — Bar prices!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

Went to Boston for one night and needed a hotel room. Ran a search on Hotels.com and saw that the Westin was offering a $189/night rate. Other hotels in the area were $200-$450/night, so I decided to book a room at the Westin. I hear that the Westin normally goes for $250+/night. Before booking, I signed up for Starwood Preferred Guest Services. It was very easy - did it online. Booked room via Westin website.

The Westin is in a very good location - attached to the Copley and Prudential Malls and within walking distance to Back Bay, Newbury Street, Boston Commons, etc. Lots of shops, restaurants and sights in the area.

Check-in was a breeze. I was very happy that they allowed me to check-in 3 hours early. Asked if they had a high floor and they upgraded me to a room on the 35th floor. They were originally going to put me in a room in the 15th floor. Doesn't hurt to ask for these things!

Didn't order room service, so can't comment on that. But, there are so many options of places to eat right outside the hotel lobby that there is no reason to get room service.

Room was spacious and clean and the bed was super comfortable. The Westin boasts that they have a "heavenly" bed and they're right. Bathroom is a bit small, but very clean and had a fancy shower head.

I highly recommend staying at the Westin Copley Place.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, and ease of check-in and check-out.
  • Disliked — Expensive parking ($40/day) and Internet charge
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cornwall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

Had a Wonderful time at the Westin, wish i would have stayed there my entire trip. Stayed 1 day in sept of 07. upon checkin asked the front desk person if there were any upgrades and was immediately upgraded to a Corner Suite on the 32nd floor with views of all of downtown boston and the Hancock tower. Everything was very clean.

Ordered Room service that evening due to the red sox game running very late, and although the prices were astronomical the food was very very good even at 2am, and came up in the time frame they specified. For some reason downtown boston doesnt seem to have any 24 hour eaterys, as both hotels i stayed at i asked and noone knew a single one. Odd for people who work overnights not to know a 24 food place, esp. since the other location i stayed at was a B&B and didnt have room service to sell me.

I would highly recommend the Westin to anyone, Its pricy, but so is everywhere else in downtown boston, but at least to me I got what i paid for

• Liked — Location, Service, most everything
  • Disliked — High Price of Room service, even more then most hotel markups for it.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

We spent 4 nights at The Westin Copley Place during our visit to the USA to attend a family wedding. We had originally booked a room at The Four Seasons but had to change hotels at the last minute when they were unable to offer us an additional room when the size of our party changed from 2 to 4. We were initially disappointed as we are great admirers of Four Season. However, we were seriously impressed by every aspect of our stay at the Westin. Our children's deluxe room was upgraded to a corner Junior Suite adjoining ours on 31st floor with amazing panoramic views over the whole cityscape and the Charles River. The Westin 'Heavenly Bed' more than lived up to its name and the amenities in the room were excellent. The service we experienced during our stay was exemplary and of the highest order. The genuine warmth of every member of staff we encountered was reflected in the amazing friendliness and hospitality which we experienced from the citizens of Boston. The people of Scotland pride themselves on their reputation for being a hospitable nation but we found the people of Boston to be just as warm and welcoming and friendly. It would be wrong to single any member of staff out for praise but Dan? the concierge was as professional and impressive as any concierge we have ever come across and we have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. The breakfast restaurant serves a lovely selection of fresh and delicious dishes. Room service - with the award winning Clam Chowder from Turners in house restaurant - was first class with a huge choice. We found the prices to be fantastic value - well we would do as the UK pound is so strong against the US dollar at present! The Westin is attached by a convenient walkaway to an amazing shopping mall with many major high end outlets such as Saks of Fifth Avenue, Louis Vuitton, Niemann Marcus etc. We have been home now for three days and I still need to use asbestos gloves to handle my Amex!!! :0)

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Boston for whatever reason. A great hotel in a great city with everything that any traveler could ever need for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Liked — The location, the breakfasts and the excellent staff
  • Disliked — The fact that we did not stay longer. Can't wait to go back!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!