“Ok, but expected more from a Sheraton” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Ok, but expected more from a Sheraton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Good location, all the basics, but nothing fancy.

Why would you chose this hotel: good location for malls, eating and the conference centre. It has all the basic amenities including a Starbucks in the lobby.

What you need to know: it just seemed really basic and industrial looking and not up to the brand. It's a huge hotel so it loses some of its individuality and charm if that's more what you are looking for. If you are also looking for all the frills like free and fast wifi (not in the lobby), in-room fridges, bathroom accessories (beyond soap and shampoo), larger rooms, views (I stayed in the North tower and had an awesome view of the next building and the utilities on top of a lower roof) then I would pay more and stay at a different hotel. If you want convenience, this one is it.

Room Tip: They have a lot of rooms in 2 towers - best to ask for something specific.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent three nights at the Sheraton for a conference. It was not being held in the conference center adjacent to the hotel but the other one. Overall, it was a good experience. The rooms are smaller, and the bathroom is quite small. There is no refrigerator. however it was quite clean and the beds are comfortable. The free Wi-Fi (SPG) worked fine for me. Starbucks in the lobby is a nice bonus. It is connected to the Prudential Center, so great if the weather is bad and you want to be able to walk to eat dinner and do some shopping. If you are not renting a car, there is a shuttle called the Logan express that goes directly from the airport to the entrance to the Haynes convention center just around the corner from the entrance to the Sheraton. This was only $5 and a very easy and fast way to get to the hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is centrally located short walk to shopping restaurant subway . Friendly staff very confortable room, but could be better. No refrigerator. Considering the location I would definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Boston Sheraton because it was chosen for me by my employer, as they host a large conference each year. The location was fabulous. I felt like I was in a safe, central location. I enjoyed all of the great shopping (it's connected to a mall) and restaurants nearby, and that it didn't take long for me to reach the ECBC, where our conference was held, by cab. The hotel and bar restaurant were both good. The lobby and hallways were clean and smelled a bit like a beachy perfume, which after a bit, became overwhelming. The staff I encountered were nice.

The rooms were a bit small, but being that I was not in the room much, that didn't bother me. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly and much better than at most hotels I've been to. Sadly, the maid must have accidentally thrown away an expensive makeup brush that I had laying on the bathroom vanity, because I scoured the rooms and my belongings and it couldn't be found.

The walls are extremely thin, so you can hear EVERYTHING going on in your neighbors' rooms--from when they are in the shower, to when they run the sink, to when they watch TV, to simple conversations. The doors are also heavy, so they automatically slam when you close them. So while I fell asleep fine due to the comfy beds, I repeatedly woke up during the evening due to all of the noise. Especially on the last night. There was a group partying in a room nearby, but I couldn't tell where they were in proximity to me in order to complain to the front desk.

Wi-Fi is free if you become an SPG member, but even still, is spotted. I had to use my cellphone service at times to access the internet.

I'm rating this hotel very good, but caution that if you are even a semi-light sleeper, do not stay there. Especially if the hotel is hosting a large group.

Room Tip: Definitely inquire about quieter floors. You hear EVERYTHING!
Green Features: The hotel offered free drink vouchers if you opted to not have your sheets and towels changed daily, but need to advertise this more. I only found this out when my coworkers told me they'd been given the free vouchers.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our overall experience staying at the Sheraton Boston was very good. The room was spacious and had all of the amenities.

In general, the room was very quiet but at times doors on our floor were closing with a loud bang.

The hotel is centrally located and close to main shopping streets, restaurants, subway stops and a short subway ride to Boston Commons. Also, it is within a short walking distance to Fenway park (~10 - 15 minutes) which was a big plus for us.

The checkin and checkout process for the room and valet parking was quick and efficient. The concierge staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the room cleaning staff did a very good job.

We were surprised by the daily charge for wifi service. Although not overly expensive it is a service that we’ve been able to get on a complimentary basis in other hotels.

The “a-la-carte” and buffet breakfasts were very good but expensive.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer tower
Green Features: They seem to be doing all of the right things to reduce the impact on the environment
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear MarioDiB2015,
Thank you for sharing your review of the Sheraton Boston. I am so glad that you had such positive experiences with our Front Desk and Valet team members. It's important that our guests have efficient, friendly service and it's wonderful to hear that you had the type of experience we strive to deliver to each of our guests. When you return to Boston, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

My stay at the Sheraton was 5 star. I had to book a relatively last minute business trip and the hotel could not have been more accommodating. The room was clean and spacious, the staff was gracious and helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Saraloveshotels,
Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback about your experience at the Sheraton Boston Hotel! I am glad to know that our team provided you with the type of hotel stay to earn your 5/5 review. I hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Boston, you'll once again choose to stay with us!
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this hotel knowing that is was perfect for my wife who was running the marathon.
The hotel itself is not hugely exciting being predominately a business hotel attached to the conference centre. However staff were great, room was fine and all lobby areas etc spotless. Limited options on food in the hotel with a Starbucks, breakfast room and evening grill but to be honest because of the location in the heart of Back Bay we went out for all our meals.
Nice to make use of the swimming pool which is a rarity in a city centre.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear wolsty07,
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel during Boston Marathon 2015. Our entire team at the Sheraton looks forward to this event each year and we are glad to know that many runners in the Marathon make this their hotel of choice. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back for Boston Marathon 2016!
Angela Vento, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!