“Location !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Location !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is centrally located short walk to shopping restaurant subway . Friendly staff very confortable room, but could be better. No refrigerator. Considering the location I would definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Turkish first
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Boston Sheraton because it was chosen for me by my employer, as they host a large conference each year. The location was fabulous. I felt like I was in a safe, central location. I enjoyed all of the great shopping (it's connected to a mall) and restaurants nearby, and that it didn't take long for me to reach the ECBC, where our conference was held, by cab. The hotel and bar restaurant were both good. The lobby and hallways were clean and smelled a bit like a beachy perfume, which after a bit, became overwhelming. The staff I encountered were nice.

The rooms were a bit small, but being that I was not in the room much, that didn't bother me. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly and much better than at most hotels I've been to. Sadly, the maid must have accidentally thrown away an expensive makeup brush that I had laying on the bathroom vanity, because I scoured the rooms and my belongings and it couldn't be found.

The walls are extremely thin, so you can hear EVERYTHING going on in your neighbors' rooms--from when they are in the shower, to when they run the sink, to when they watch TV, to simple conversations. The doors are also heavy, so they automatically slam when you close them. So while I fell asleep fine due to the comfy beds, I repeatedly woke up during the evening due to all of the noise. Especially on the last night. There was a group partying in a room nearby, but I couldn't tell where they were in proximity to me in order to complain to the front desk.

Wi-Fi is free if you become an SPG member, but even still, is spotted. I had to use my cellphone service at times to access the internet.

I'm rating this hotel very good, but caution that if you are even a semi-light sleeper, do not stay there. Especially if the hotel is hosting a large group.

Room Tip: Definitely inquire about quieter floors. You hear EVERYTHING!
Green Features: The hotel offered free drink vouchers if you opted to not have your sheets and towels changed daily, but need to advertise this more. I only found this out when my coworkers told me they'd been given the free vouchers.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our overall experience staying at the Sheraton Boston was very good. The room was spacious and had all of the amenities.

In general, the room was very quiet but at times doors on our floor were closing with a loud bang.

The hotel is centrally located and close to main shopping streets, restaurants, subway stops and a short subway ride to Boston Commons. Also, it is within a short walking distance to Fenway park (~10 - 15 minutes) which was a big plus for us.

The checkin and checkout process for the room and valet parking was quick and efficient. The concierge staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the room cleaning staff did a very good job.

We were surprised by the daily charge for wifi service. Although not overly expensive it is a service that we’ve been able to get on a complimentary basis in other hotels.

The “a-la-carte” and buffet breakfasts were very good but expensive.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer tower
Green Features: They seem to be doing all of the right things to reduce the impact on the environment
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My stay at the Sheraton was 5 star. I had to book a relatively last minute business trip and the hotel could not have been more accommodating. The room was clean and spacious, the staff was gracious and helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this hotel knowing that is was perfect for my wife who was running the marathon.
The hotel itself is not hugely exciting being predominately a business hotel attached to the conference centre. However staff were great, room was fine and all lobby areas etc spotless. Limited options on food in the hotel with a Starbucks, breakfast room and evening grill but to be honest because of the location in the heart of Back Bay we went out for all our meals.
Nice to make use of the swimming pool which is a rarity in a city centre.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booking: fairly straight-forward and done over the phone for a conference rate. A couple days that I needed were full for the conference rate and I had to give my number for someone outside of Sheraton to call me back for those dates which made the process a little cumbersome.

Check-In: I believe it was Richard who checked me in. He was great. Gave me an upgrade with my Gold status and put me in a Club room.

Room: The room itself was cozy with just enough walking space around the king bed and an arm chair near the window. The view was exceptional facing the South. The bathroom was super cramped but otherwise up-to-date. A couple of minor things, the HVAC system was clicking on and off a lot and the clothes iron was broken but a new one was brought up. Complimentary wifi was very fast. Good number of outlets at the desk and under the night stand. The shower had a nice rainfall shower head.

Club Lounge: the club lounge was nice as are all of them I've been to. The breakfast was light with hard-boiled eggs, pastries and really good oatmeal. The automatic espresso machine was surprisingly good.

Overall: if the unit had a little bit more TLC, this would be perfect. I would definitely recommend it for anyone that has a meeting at Hynes or the Prudential.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location is excellent.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room I stayed in was comfortable, but had no fridge or microwave.
The toilets are a bit small, but clean, and well stocked.
It is close to the Green Line Hynes Convention Center station.
The price is a bit steep, but considering the location, I suppose this was to be expected.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Anil G,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your room and that our Housekeeping team's efforts were recognized by you. I am also glad to hear that you found the hotel's location to be convenient. Like you, many guests find that the hotel's location in Back Bay provides easy access to the Prudential Center and Copley Place shopping areas as well as public transportation. I also value your candid comments regarding our parking rates and while they are competitive, I certainly understand your opinion. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Boston.
Warm Regards,
Angela Vento, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!