“A very good busines hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A very good busines hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

By large hotel standards, this hotel is very good. The staff is solicitous and helpful and the rooms are generous and well appointed. Very importantly in the winter, the hotel is linked to shops, restaurants, other hotels and the convention center by an indoor pedestrian system. I'd return happily.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Turkish first
Ashbourne, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Sheraton Boston is an excellent hotel they I get sent to by my employer to stay in whenever I'm in Boston. It is ideally located off Boylston and has access directly into the Prudential shopping centre from the second floor.
The staff are fast, they are very friendly and the rooms are always immaculate.
Facilities are also excellent in the hotel and being so centrally located means you never need to stray to far to find great shops, restaurants and bars.
Newbury street is my favourite street nearby and only a few minutes walk will bring you to the T (underground train system)
I've stayed here a lot and highly recommend it.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had a top floor room overlooking the Christian Science Plaza. The enormous bed was comfortable. The air-con wasn't too noisy. The bathroom was excellent. The location in Boston was superb. Staff couldn't have been more helpful at check-in and check-out and looked after me through bad weather and concerns about flights. Good internet access speeds but VERY pricey!

Room Tip: The higher the better. South tower had clean and modern rooms a bit away from the conference facilit...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had some events at the Sheraton Boston during the American Economics Association meetings in January 2015. I found the staff helpful, friendly, and responsive every time I interacted with them. The meeting and event manager, Chris Fortini, was especially responsive with our planned events and making sure we had everything we needed, even helping with some last-minute changes. The rooms were nice, on the smaller side. Loved the hotel was attached to the mall.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this Sheraton last weekend while shopping for wedding gowns and suits with my son and his wife to be. I experienced some things that are sadly so uncommon these days. It all started when I received a nice email from their Director of Rooms Charles preparing us for our stay and assuring us his goal was to make our stay memorable. At first I thought it was a typical automatic email, but took a shot at replying to see if we could check in early and could we use their Valet services as well. I was surprised with a prompt email response from Charles within minutes confirming we could check in early and that there would be plenty of Valet parking available. Charles also had Sarah the Concierge send me a doc with recommendations for restaurants that could accommodate a large party of 9. Sarah did a great job with this and we quickly found a great restaurant for dinner on Saturday.
When we arrived in Boston Saturday morning and checked in at the Sheraton we were greeted with our next surprise. Our room had been upgraded to a Suite with a very nice view, a large front living space and bathroom with the bedroom situated nicely around the corner. The bed was king sized and extremely comfortable, slept like a baby.
Though we did not have dinner at the restaurant, we did enjoy the bar area for drinks in the afternoon prior to dinner. Our server was Jimmy, kept the bar snacks full and the drinks coming.
Great personality too.
Sarah in Concierge arranged transportation for all 9 of us to the restaurant so off to dinner we went. Afterwards, we came back to their Bar (named SideBar I believe) for a nightcap.
A couple other things to note.
There's a Starbuck's right next to the Reception area, which is always nice. And a quick escalator ride brings you to the second floor and access to the Prudential/Copley Place Mall area, a very convenient feature especially since we've been enduring such horrible weather this winter in Boston.
I just felt compelled to share this information with my fellow travelers. I honestly do not recall have such a positive experience in recent years. Some could argue this is how all hotels should be. I'm sure Sheraton would prefer the others continue not treating customers this well though.
Thanks for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: If you get an email from the Directors of Rooms, make sure you reply with any special requests.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Tom W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. I am so proud of the team members you mention in your review who provided you with the type of service we strive to deliver to every guest every day. The feedback you have given will be shared with Charles, Sarah, Jimmy, and other team members and I am certain they will appreciate your kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room upgrade and that the hotel's location was so convenient for wedding dress and suit shopping. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during what must be an exciting time for your family! I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Boston.
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had prepaid reservations at the Sheraton Boston the evening of Feburary 9-10th, the night of the huge snowstorm in Boston. Knowing the snowstorm was imminent, I called the hotel a few days before at 617-236-2000, and explained my concerns to a service rep. I let her know the room was prepaid and I was there for a business trip that would likely be rescheduled. Having been through this before I know I would need the hotel's willingness to cancel in order to get a refund, or else would accept another date when I returned. The person kindly explained that because the weather didn't happen yet there was nothing they could do, but to wait to see how the storm turned out and then call. Sure enough Boston was shut down by a massive storm. With the governor closing down all state offices and advising travellers to stay off the road, I called Sheraton back. This time I was advised that I was given incorrect information, but that they would mark my record and I would receive a call from sheraton within 48 hours. It's now almost two weeks later and I still haven't been contacted. I'm Starwood Gold, and all properties are kind enough to thank me and acknowledge that upon check in, but you'd hope they did more than talk.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear ParacleteLI,
I appreciate the time you took to explain the series of events you experienced when trying to cancel your reservation due to winter weather. I am disappointed that our response time has been less than ideal and you've experienced such difficulty getting the matter resolved. I would so grateful if you could send me more information about your reservation, specifically the name that the reservation was under so that I can ensure the appropriate team members contact you directly. Please contact me at GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com with the reservation name and your preferred contact information. I look forward to receiving your email.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arriving at the Sheraton Boston Hotel after a long flight we were greeted with admirable efficiency and given a room with a great view, and having breakfast in the Club Lounge is special treat -- Memsura Zilic makes it feel like coming home to mom's! She creates such a warm and welcoming atmosphere and the brightness of her smile is certainly a fantastic way to start the day. Thank you!

Room Tip: high floor, with view
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear a n,
Thanks for taking the time to share your review. Your feedback and positive comments are just what the Sheraton Boston team strives for each time we welcome a guest into the hotel. Memsura is a standout team member and makes every effort to ensure guests in our Club Lounge experience Sheraton service at its finest. I look forward to sharing your comments with her. I know she will be so pleased to hear that she made your stay so memorable. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel the next time your travel plans bring you back to Boston!
Angela Vento, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!