“Top Notch Banquet department!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Top Notch Banquet department!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was responsible for the planning of multiple events during and following a huge city-wide conference, and the Sheraton Boston really came through. Chris Fortini was an amazing help and constantly anticipated my needs. The staff were always willing to help, and the food was above average for banquet fare. Thank you Chris!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Our stay at the Sheraton in Boston was the highlight of my year. The room service was immaculate, check-in was friendly and easy while the food was fantastic. I especially loved the Starbucks in the lobby and the hotel's proximity to numerous attractions. The hotel is great for those who like to keep fit because of the gym and it is also great for those who like to take long walks around the city.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Kamogelo M,
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about your recent stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel! I am so happy to know that your visit was enjoyed on so many levels. I value the feedback you shared about your check-in experience, the cleanliness of your room, and the Starbucks location in our lobby. I will be sharing your comments with the team members who work so hard to make each guest's stay a memorable one. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon!
Amesbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Easy to get in and out of and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was the perfect location for a couple of days in the city to do some shopping, sight seeing and attend to some business. We will go back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Nortonsmomma,
Thank you for your positive review of the Sheraton Boston Hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's close proximity to shopping at the Prudential Center and Copley Place and were able to do some sightseeing in the city of Boston. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent Christmas in Boston and really enjoyed the trip and the city. The hotel and their staff were excellent .What made the trip for my daughters was that the hotel had an Elf on the Shelf' in the lobby, on Christmas Eve morning we found the Elf and that evening before bed the hotel sent Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk to the room for the kids.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a better room.. preferably a corner room for the view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear kwiseman28,
Thank you for your kind review! I am so pleased that you chose to spend Christmas at the Sheraton Boston Hotel and that your daughters enjoyed the treats sent to your room as a result of finding the "Elf on the Shelf" in our lobby. So many of the families who visited the hotel during the holidays enjoyed trying to find the Elf's new hiding spot each day. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I chose the Boston Sheraton for its perfect location, not because of any hotel chain loyalty at all. I booked it through the airline, as a "package" to save a bit of money, which it did. When I arrived, after my on-time flight, I was told that the airline cancelled my reservation the minute after it was made, but they could give me a room at a "walk-in" rate (more than I'd already paid when I booked the package) until the problem was solved. I was then kindly coached by the nice man at desk reception exactly who to call at the airline, and what to say. I was given courtesy phone and wi-fi to have to communicate, no charge. It took me about a minute to fix it all with a call from my room, no problem,and in fact there was an explanation for why the airline might have been confused, but they said clearly "this is our error and we'll call the hotel and fix it right now...we apologize and we will apologize to them too." All extremely nice and I was entirely satisfied. AND it was a nice high room overlooking the Charles River and MIT to the North. The hotel attaches to the Prudential Center and all accessible from indoors is a large, diversified mall of shops and places to eat. Outside, it is a couple of blocks to bustling Newberry Street. It was in fact perfect. We had drinks in the lobby, great service, excellent drinks. Everything there was good. But this was amazing: a couple of hours after check in I found a gift from the hotel in my room: an entire platter of fresh whole fruits, a box of excellent crackers, an large whole Gouda cheese, a pack of fresh Madeleine cookies, and two Perrier waters, with utensils and plates. It was wonderful! How nice, how very, very nice! and for a mistake, a small one at that, which the hotel itself did NOT make. The airline made it, the hotel made it easy and free for me to fix. Then it sent this gift to "make up for my trouble". Btw, a man named Tom was at the front desk, If you go there, please say thanks for me, will you? What service!

Room Tip: I imagine that rooms facing north and east have the best views, but I didn't see from other room...
Green Features: They encouraged multi-day use of linens, as hotels should, but certainly would change them. A/c was changeable/adjustable.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear jenkatze,
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about your stay with us! I am so pleased that you experienced great customer service from the staff at our Front Desk when there was an issue with your room reservation and that you were able to so easily correct the situation with your airline. I am also happy that you enjoyed the amenity sent to your room. It was our gesture to let you know that we understand your time is valuable. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sheraton Boston very soon!
Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

stayed there for two nights. the room was a bit small, clean though. location is not bad considering that Boston is small and you can walk around easily.
not very nice that i had to wait a lot to do the check out and the fact they don't offer me a room with view, even though i had it requested when i did my reservation two months in advance.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear clog13,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and you were pleased with our Housekeeping team's efforts in providing you with a clean room upon check-in. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during check-out. It is our goal to provide efficient service at the Front Desk and I appreciate the feedback you have provided so that improvements can be made to accommodate our guests during busier times. I hope that you will decide to visit us again the next time you are in Boston.
Coxsackie, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at the Sheraton Boston hotel for our anniversary this weekend. Upon entering the beautiful lobby, I was greeted by a line of at least 50 people waiting to be checked in for a conference. Luckily, I was able to jump to an extra line set up for other guests. When the guest services agent heard it was our anniversary I was gifted with a lovely box of chocolates. (A very nice gesture) I grabbed the key card and got back into the car to park in the adjacent Prudential Parking Garage ($40 vs $51 for Sheraton parking), We then took the elevator to the 20th floor. That is where the grandeur of the lower level ended. The corridor was rather narrow and the room doors were like closet doors leading to a room and bathroom the size of a closet. There was a chair, king sized bed, 1 end table a desk and dresser shoehorned into a 12x12 room. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel and had peeling paint on the trim & door along with chips in the tub. I should also mention that the shower knob fell off when we tried to turn it on. Do you enjoy a pillowy sift bed? Then you will have the "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed," it is like sleeping on the sidewalk. Are you a light sleeper? Get an end room because the walls are paper thin. If you go out to eat, don't bother bringing the left overs back because there isn't a fridge or a microwave in the rooms either. My husband says it reminds him of an overpriced Microtel. All that being said, the view of the Charles River from Fenway to the Financial District was breathtaking both day and night. The convenience to the Prudential Center and T was perfect.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, get a room on the end. The walls seem to be rather thin.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Chrissie121,
I am pleased to hear that you chose to stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel to celebrate your anniversary and thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay with us. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received upon check-in, the view from your room, and our convenient location, there are specific items which I'd like to address with the room you stayed in. I would be very appreciative if you could provide me with the room number and any other pertinent details so that I can ensure the appropriate corrective steps are taken. Please email me at GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com and please include your Trip Advisor handle. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Angela Vento, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!