“Thank you for going above & beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Thank you for going above & beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I do not normally write reviews. But I'm taking the time to acknowledge Al and Gabe, doormen at the Sheraton Boston and two of the kindest gentlemen I have ever come across in all my travels. I had the unfortunate experience of misplacing my phone, whose case happens to double as my wallet - complete with ID, airline ticket, credit card, etc. Al and Gabe went out of their way to assist me in my search, offering me their own phones to use, helping me get back into the room I stayed in and even offering to accompany me to retrace my steps to help locate my missing belongings. I truly appreciate their kindness and genuine concern and I think they were as happy as I was when someone returned my phone! Thank you, Sheraton, for employing people who care and thank you, Al and Gabe, for everything.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was very comfortable and in an ideal location near Newbury Street. I feel the concierge could have been a little more helpful and some of the reception staff friendlier. I stayed here 4 nights so was glad there was a way round paying for WI Fi. Seems odd to have to pay? I thought the option to skip a cleaning day was a very good idea.

Room Tip: We had a room that had a connecting door and the people next door on the first night were quite nois...
Green Features: I thought it was good that you could skip housekeeping if you desired. No need to clean the room every day for a 4 night stay.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Sherman Oaks, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I have stayed at this Sheraton before, but definitely prefer the Hilton across the street. On this visit, the Sheraton rate was "only" $330 plus the 18% city tax, and was less expensive than the Hilton so I booked it. Bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Warning: the hotel is being advertised as being recently renovated, but that is ONLY the South tower. Make sure you don't get booked into the north tower. The north tower is shabby and feels dirty. I stayed one night and then requested a move to the South Tower. Thankfully a room was available. The renovation is lovely, but note that the walls are very thin- I could hear everything in the room next door, including quiet conversation and bathroom noise. The worst however, is the plumbing which was obviously not renovated. I heard weird gurgling sounds in my drains every time the toilet next door was flushed or the faucets were turned on. On the third morning I woke to find scum, rust and hair in my bathtub- the drain had backed up from another room. Being totally grossed out, I skipped the am shower and checked out. The staff was wonderful and apologized for things obviously out of their control and comped a room service charge. Unfortunately I had the "prepaid rate" so they could not refund any room charges. My advice- stay at the Hilton (Their frequent guest program is better too!)

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Boston and found it to be a lovely hotel. The grand lobby is very welcoming and so nicely furnished. We were able to check in to our room in under 5 minutes which is always nice after a day of travelling.

We had a decent sized room with a spectacular view of the city. The bed was incredibly soft which I enjoy. The only con about the room is that it's a step on flusher like you find in a public restroom which is just awkward in a hotel room.

And whenever we needed our rental, the valet service was top notch.

Room Tip: If you request a higher room, you will find most rooms have great views of the city.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear localyokel1976,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I'm so pleased that your guest room provided a comforting place to rest while exploring our very special city. We hope to see you again very soon.
Warm Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel was nice. Kept nicer than most older hotels. Free wi Fi was a bonus. Lola at sidebar was outstanding. Her alone brought me back to have my good night cocktail each night we went out. Very comfortable hotel bar with great staff! Can't wait to come back for a game and stay here again!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rhumm12,
Thank you for this wonderful review, we can;t wait to welcome you back - Lola will have a cocktail ready!
Kind Regards,
Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is centrally located but at $350 US a night, horrifically expensive HOWEVER I think that Boston overall seems to charge outrageous prices for hotels of this standard. Pay for wifi at $10 US a day whereas free wifi is the norm in most USA hotels. Lovely rooms, decor, linen etc and we were fortunate to have a great view. There had obviously been a leak at some point in the ceiling of our room (2459) which had been poorly repaired and was very obvious as you lay in bed. At this price - the repair should have been better. Breakfast buffet good but had to ask for juice to be served (would prefer to help myself).

Room Tip: High floor for a great view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Camda,
Thank you for your feedback. While I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm disappointed to hear there are repairs needed in the guest room you were in. Pricing does very throughout the year based on business volumes but I always encourage our guests to check out our offers page for promotional rates which are often available. We hope that the service you received and your overall experience will entice you to come back and see us again.
Thanks again,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

After traveling for hours I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by such professionalism and kindness. Bonnie greeted myself and my sister and helped us to check in and refer us to local hotspots. Bonnie was esepcially accommodting. The hotel is clean and located In a great area.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear Jessica S,
Thank you for this wonderful review, we can’t wait to welcome you back - I look forward to sharing your feedback with Bonnie as well!
Kind Regards,
Angela Vento, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!