“Hotel is in a GREAT location, would stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clinton, Maryland
“Hotel is in a GREAT location, would stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was my first trip to Boston and this hotel did not disappoint. I arrived by train and did not need to get a cab as you can walk to the hotel from the train station. It's a short trip through an adjacent mall, maybe a 15 minute walk. The hotel shows well and the front desk staff seems well trained and knowledgeable. The concierge staff is also very knowledgeable and wiling to help with every request. There is a Starbuck's, a spa (I did not visit) and a gift shop on the lobby level as well as a restaurant and a bar. The hotel is family friendly and very good for conferences. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was clean but did have a few areas that were not dusted. The bathroom was to small for a Junior suite and for a family. I feel that housekeeping did a great job cleaning our each day and the Housekeeping staff is professional. There was a evacuation during my stay that was not organized, the announcement came through each room but I do not know what the emergency was and I feel that the staff should of been more visible to assist guests and some kind of explanation should have been given to the guests. It was 1:00 am and it really took alot of people off guard. The hotel gym and pool are the best I have seen at a hotel. There is a Weight room and a Cardio room and the pool is clean and looked well-maintained. There is shopping all around this hotel and a Shaw's grocery store just outside the mall area. I did request a refrigerator and it was in the room when the room was ready. I would stay at this hotel again when in Boston, it is costly but the rates are what you would find all up and down the east coast.

Room Tip: Get a Junior Suite if traveling with children, there is also a pull out couch.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here for a night due to a quick work visit to Boston. The hotel is really very central and my room was big although there was quite a musty smell in it. There are 2 towers and I stayed in the North one so would maybe try and stay in the South next time as maybe the views are better from there. Having said that, it's so easy to get to nearby malls, even if raining as there are covered walkways from the hotel to two malls nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thomaston, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently held a national meeting at this property. The meeting was scheduled months in advance with the majority of the group (300 +) arriving on Monday afternoon. I arrived at 2:30PM and upon trying to check in was told that no rooms were available, despite having status with Starwoods. I was told that a room would be ready in an hour and I would be called or receive a text. During this time a majority of our group continued to arrive and the lines for check in almost went outside the building. I checked back after an hour to no avail, two hours and still the same. Not until I complained to the manager and she went to the back was I given a room.

The property is old and in need of an update. Food service is well below par for a hotel meeting.

Room Tip: Top floors have a good view of the Charles River and MIT
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Luke M,
Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience and that you were underwhelmed by your meeting. I would appreciate being able to look at the details of your event so that I can address these issues and ensure improvements are made. Would you reach out when you have a moment so that we can rectify the situation for you? GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

really nice location, great pool/sauna nice rooms
really perfect for what we needed.
UBER cabs great for getting around boston.
took the Boston Harbor Fast Ferry to Cape code this am it was great,
club floor is really good, food good

Room Tip: club floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

During our stay 7/11-7/17 we had not 1 but 2 nights where the fire alarm went off. We were on the 12 floor and at 2:30 am the announcement and alarm sounded advising all to evacuate immediately. I called guest services and was advised that a fire truck was on site and we must evacuate. My mother in law has a bad back and hip and we had to go down 12 flights of stairs, stopping several times in severe pain and agony. No staff was in the stairwell advising or assisting. Once we entered the lobby staff was not available to advise or check on guests. We ended up taking a freight elevator from the 2nd floor to the lobby because she was completely unable to do any more stairs. We sat in the lobby for 30 mins and never once was spoken to by staff. The next morning I was told by a manager that NO fire truck was ever on site and we should not have been told to evacuate. We completed an accident report, requested a wheelchair, and were offered a food voucher in case we were unable to go out to eat. We were to attend the food service convention the next day, and sightsee. Her condition was so exacerbated that she was in a wheelchair our entire stay. Never once did a staff member check on us during our stay to see how we were. Then we had a second drill and this time did not evacuate. Again, never checked on. This in my opinion is negligent and terrible customer care and service. Extremely disappointed and our trip was ruined day 2 of a 7 day trip.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
Dear Bundle C,
Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate your feedback. I did receive your initial email and I'm aware that you have been in touch with our Hotel Manager and that he is working with you to provide a resolution. I am so very sorry that this trip was ruined because of the fire alarms. Please know that we are working with the Boston Fire Department to better understand the cause as well as with our teams to ensure we are better prepared to respond to such an incident. I'm confident that this situation will be rectified for you shortly.
Mankato, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Terrible experience, the room ( suite) was nice, location was ok, but twice the heat went on maximum and the windows don't open! Terrible.

But mgmt did drop $25 off the bill. Left a very bad taste for Sheratons all over.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jason K,
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with your heat and even more so that you did not feel your concern was met with a sincere response. I'm pleased to hear that you were compensated for the inconvenience however and that overall you were happy with your suite. Please connect with us prior to your next visit to Boston so that we can ensure you have a more pleasant stay and allow us an opportunity to make it up to you.
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

SNA annual conference was at Boston Convention Center. Hotel was on the shuttle line but no where close to conference. Hotel was nice, clean, staff pleasant, and was attached to the Mall.
The last thing in the world you want to hear in the middle of the night when your room is on the 17th floor is a fire alarm- not only did this happen one night it happened two nights. Once at 1:30 and the second at 5:20 a.m. We ended up not having to evacuate but it is very troublesome to be awakened in that manor.

Room Tip: The higher up the larger the room
Green Features: If you do not want clean towels or bed made you will receive points
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!