“A cared for jewel in the heart of Boston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney Australia
“A cared for jewel in the heart of Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I would like to congratulate this hotel for providing us with a care free easy stay in Boston. From check in to check out everything went along smoothly.It is not easy to find a hotel that has it all together, especially with a big chain of hotels like SPG.
Friendly efficient staff greeted us and gave us caring time as to which room we would like. The room was modern, extremely clean, large and quiet.The 'Sweet Sleeper' bed was so comfortable with every type of pillow you could want. Had good quality sleeps which equipped us with happy thoughts for a good day out in such an interesting city. Oh & if you want to crab a coffee and a light breakfast the hotel has a Starbucks just around from the lobby within the hotel.
The location was excellent as it is attached to a fabulous shopping mall with restaurants and wonderful shops.On our second night we also walked around the block looking for a quant restaurant for dinner and happened upon the most fantastic street full of cafés, restaurants & gorgeous shops. Wow, we were so impressed, especially with the lovely experience of eating outside in a French restaurant. Would highly recommend this hotel & would stay again if ever in Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear JanSydneyAustralia,
Thank you for this truly wonderful review. It sounds like you got to take advantage of everything the hotel and the city has to offer. What a great experience - we're thrilled to have been a part of it! Come back and see us soon!
Angela Vento, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very large hotel hosting multiple conferences so it is very busy. My room was very spacious with a nice city view. Perfect to walk to the shopping area, many restaurants nearby. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Denise F,
Thank you for your review. I'm grateful for your recognition of our unbeatable location and wonderful views. Come and see us again soon.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed in room 2263 for six nights starting June16.

The bad: there was nothing special about the room; it was just as "standard" as "standard" could be. Hotels in Boston are expensive, and this one was well over $350 per night (after taxes). The hotel is a "domino" type structure, with views of either the harbor to the East (far off in the distance) or the city. We had the harbor. The rooms aren't noisy except for showers being turned on in other rooms/floors. The bathroom is smallish, and the soaps, etc. are generic. The bed was unexpectedly hard, and not what Sheratons are generally known for.

The okay: air conditioning is quiet, television had wide selection of channels, and the elevators were fast. There is a large Starbucks in the lobby, and the lounge is decent (but not anything special). The valet and front desk staff were pleasant and very helpful, in a city that I didn't find particularly warm and friendly (and I'm from "chilly" Seattle..).

The good: the premises is really clean. The 5th floor pool was large and open (i.e. the ceiling rolls back to the sky). The gym was updated, with weights and aerobic-equipment areas separated. The property is very close to the MBTA "green line" (light rail system), making walking and sightseeing very easy. It is attached to a mall, if you like that sort of thing... The property connects well to convention centers and adjacent hotels (Westin, Marriott, Hilton, etc.) so convention goers will have an easy time. The hotel is a stone's throw from Boylston and Newbury streets, with far more fun shopping and dining options than that mall that I mentioned earlier...

For the same price I would prefer staying at the far more interesting Westin or Marriott hotels, but if there is a decent price break then the Sheraton is well worth considering. There is nothing "wrong" with it; it is just really "standard" in appeal and amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view; the harbor view is of a harbor that is well off into the distance, and not real...
Green Features: The hotel has the now-standard towel saving option, but other than that I didn't really notice any push on their part to be "green" (not to say they don't do it, but you won't notice anything in particular).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Visited as member of large group with over a tonne of equipment. Bedrooms were good and had coffee making machine. Interesting scheme to help environment by giving a 5# voucher to the room occupant if room was not attended to on a particular day. Vouchers redeemable in bar, coffee shop
Expected a hotel of this size to be rather impersonal but staff were very helpful especially regarding storage facilities for the equipment and dealing with any queries arising from our large group. Large number of conference suites which seemed to be well used.Adequate public areas for breakfast/ dining and a bar plus a coffee shop. Excellent pool and fitness centre used by a number of our group. Plenty of shops and fast food outlets in the shopping mall plus an underground station.
Only slight negatives were the lengthy waits for lifts at peak times and being able to hear the occupants of adjacent bedrooms from time to time.

Room Tip: Hotel made up of two multi storey towers. Ask for room looking out towards Charles river.
Green Features: Good voucher scheme designed to reduce numbers of linen laundered and cleaning materials used.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear richard w,
Thank you for submitting a review. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt at home here. Personalized service is a big priority and even in a large building, it's something we pride ourselves on. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in June and were very happy with the location, the room and the service we received. The hotel is newly renovated and looks fabulous, the room was clean and modern. The deluxe king room we booked was very spacious and had a great corner view. The lobby is a good spot to sit and read, check email, watch TV or grab a drink in the lounge. Starbucks is right there as well. Although we didn't eat on-site at the restaurant, you have plenty of great options close by. The breakfast in the morning is a buffet only, no a la carte option, so one of the bellmen recommended the Pour House close by, a very affordable spot for a good breakfast until 11am everyday. You can walk to Fenway Park from here, and Newbury street is 3 blocks away. The Old Town Trolley bus tour picks up right out front of the hotel which was convenient. The staff were very friendly and the location couldn't be beat. I stayed at the Westin Copley previously and this was just as good. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The deluxe king room offers you lots of space and great corner views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear wenztravels,
Thank you for this wonderful review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our unbeatable location. Our breakfast restaurant was recently renovated as well and now features a full buffet as well as an a la carte menu. Come back soon and give us an opportunity to provide you with a wonderful breakfast experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had a dream vacation of going to boson and seeing the Red Sox play with my 7 yr. Old son and boyfriend. I thought I had a nice place to stay and be taken care of as a guest. My experience at the Boston Sheraton was terrible. I don't recommend anyone stay there. My reservation was messed up and $ was taken from my account that I was on aware of being taken. Noboby wanted to fix anything and everything too expensive. I didn't feel welcome at all. Boston as a city was great when I return I will stay somewhere else. I also recommend that you do too

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Holly P,
Thank you for your feedback. I can imagine you must have been disappointed given your excitement for this trip. I'm sorry for the billing error you encountered, of course we try to avoid this kind of mistake at all costs, but I'm disheartened to learn that you didn't feel as though our team was there to assist in rectifying the issue. I trust this has been resolved in the meantime, if not please connect with us so that we can make any necessary adjustments. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future and please let me know when your travels take you back to Boston so we can make it up to you. GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com
Warm Regards,
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Hotel staff is very unfriendly and unprofessional. If you are looking for a hotel to sleep, forget this one (extremely noisy). Certainly not worth the rates they charge. I wish I had checked out tripadvisor before booking this room. Seems most guests are unsatisfied.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Scott A,
Thank you for submitting a review. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. You mentioned there was a noice concern - I would value any additional feedback you could provide as it relates to the source of the noise. The majority of our reviews are actually positive so your comments were surprising. Please reach out if you would be willing to share more information. GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com
Kind Regards,
Angela Vento, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!