“Superb convenience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Boston Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Dalton Street, Prudential Center, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #59 of 77 hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wayside, New Jersey, United States
“Superb convenience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

When I travel to Boston, I always stay at the Sheraton due to its convenience.

Since the Back Bay station adjoins to many of the hotels and a connecting mall, I can walk to my hotel right from the Back Bay station.

This Sheraton is a dream in cold or inclement weather. Since it connects to the mall, you have your choice of endless restaurants, not to mention shopping. The rooms are clean, but quite small. However, this is what you get in a major city.

I walked "home" from a Red Sox game once, so it is indeed within walking distance to Fenway.

Most of the hotel guests appear to be business travelers, so there is often a 10-15 minute wait for a taxi in the morning if you need one. The only downside, but really not too bad.

Whenever I travel to Boston, I stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SheratonHotelMgr, Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Boston. We can’t wait to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Wishes,

2,117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A quick visit for 2 days to Boston at the Sheraton. Pleasant surprise to get an upgrade to club level due to the hotel being over run with students. Room was good size and comfortable but bathroom was too small and showed the signs of an older hotel rennovated. Overall clean and staff was friendly. Only complaint is the elevators to club floor was about a 5 minute wait and often the key needed did not work, and was told this is under repair as I think only 1 of the 2 elevators worked.
Location is key and I wanted to be connected to the action so very convenient. I would definitely return although Sheraton is not my first choice for hotels as other chains offer me better rewards.

Room Tip: north tower worked for me and seemed more convenient
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased to learn you had a positive experience at the Sheraton Boston. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our central location and were able to experience our club level. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the elevators. We are in the midst of an elevator modernization, and look forward to the new unveiling soon! I do hope to see you back soon.
Warm Regards,
Superior, Wisconsin, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying here for a student conference. The Sheraton staff is responsive and well-organized. The location is perfect--attached to the Prudential center and Hynes Convention Center, complete with sit-down restaurants, food court, and shopping--and conveniently located next to a T stop and Newbury street shopping. There are pharmacies and grocery stores nearby, so it's easy to bring food in to the room, too.
The rooms are about average. Both times I've stayed, the bathrooms seemed to be only partially renovated, but are fine. The walls seem a bit thin as far as hallway noise is concerned. I know the hotel is full of teenagers (I was chaperoning 11 myself), but could hear people talking across the hall. When I checked, they were in their room with their door closed tightly. For a Sheraton, I expected a bit more as far as sound goes.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our prime location in the Heart of Back Bay. However, I am disappointed to learn about the noise you encountered during your visit. You will be happy to know that we are in the process of enhancing our soundproofing for our rooms. I look forward to sharing the improvements with you on your next visit. I’m glad you had an overall positive experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best Wishes,
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I love staying @ the Sheraton when I am in Boston. The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms are pretty & it is fairly large. The Sheraton is also right smack in the middle of the shopping center & food area!

The Sheraton is a quick away from EVERYTHING in Boston.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your loyalty to Sheraton Boston. We love having you stay with us, and look forward to your return visit.
Cheers!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Sheraton – Boston (SPG Preferred Guest)
This is a modern hotel adjoining the Prudential Tower building with a Boston T subway station nearby and on the route of the Old Trolley Bus Company for hop on hop off tours.

Having previously joined the SPG preferred guest scheme [free to those having stayed at a Sheraton], we were given an excellent room with panoramic views of the Boston Back area on the 25th floor which is reserved for Starwood preferred guests.

There is a Starbucks in reception with PCs available and a restaurant and bar. However, we chose to use the escalators in reception to access the Prudential Tower Mall and went to the Top of the Hub restaurant there for dinner. It is on the 52nd floor and all tables had a wonderful panoramic view of Boston. Service and food is excellent.

Room Tip: Join Starwood Prefered Guest Scheme, Its free
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to learn you had a great stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. It’s great you were able to take advantage of our amenities and beautiful views from your guestroom. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
Best Regards,
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed at the Sheraton several times for conferences; this was my first time in the South Tower. The South Tower is further from the Hynes Convention Center and the entrance to the mall, which is only a problem if you have to race back to your room for something from the Hynes. You can access the South Tower from either the lobby or the 2nd floor. The elevators are tucked behind the ballrooms.

We live in the Boston area and stay at the Sheraton for convenience while at a yearly conference in January. This is the ideal place to stay in the winter during very cold or bad weather, since you can find almost everything you need in the connected mall without ever needing to go outside. The mall has an outdoor atrium, so you can at least see what's happening outside, and the Hynes has great views too. (And you can pay to go to the top of the Pru for a panoramic view of Boston, again without going outdoors.)

One major difference between the towers (at least, in comparing this one room to the ones we've stayed in in the North Tower in past years) is the decor. The South Tower room we had this year had a more masculine decor, with navy-blue plaid curtains and hassocks in the room. I preferred the North Tower's light orange chairs and off-white curtains. We had a king size bed, and the room was large.

I usually travel with a white-noise machine to drown out sounds at night, but I'd forgotten to bring it this time. There is no bathroom fan, and the heating system is quiet, so there was no other way to drown out noise. Fortunately the hallway we were on was quiet, but the person above us got up at 5 am and walked back and forth in shoes over our heads until almost 7 am... Not the hotel's fault, but it would be nice for early-risers to tread more lightly!

As for the lack of the bathroom fan, that's my only real complaint about this Sheraton. Even a short shower steams up the bathroom, as there's only one small vent in the wall. The bathrooms are nice, otherwise.

I was happy to see that the Sheraton has added recycling bins to the rooms since last year! We were able to recycle our newspapers and conference booklets. (I didn't notice if it also took bottles or plastics, but I didn't have either of these.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5 star rating and for being such a loyal guest to the Sheraton Boston Hotel. I am thrilled you had such a memorable stay and I am happy you were able to take advantage of our central location in Boston’s historic Back Bay. I do apologize for the noise inconvenience, but you will be happy to know we are in the process of improving this which I hope to be able to share with you on your next visit with us. I look forward to your next trip.
Best Wishes,
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My recent stay at was nothing less than wonderful -- house keeping couldn't have been friendlier, the room was wonderful and immaculate and the bar downstairs comfortable and inviting. But the best part of this visit was the valet Sony -- I had a fender-bender in my rental car on my way into Boston. It wasn't bad enough to end the trip, but the bumper was hanging off the back and I was certainly shook up. Sony, the young man who met me curb side, was so helpful. He not only helped me with my bags and was reassuring, when I asked him if he could help me tape up the bumper he said he would take care of it. What a surprise when I came to get the car after a couple of days stay for a conference -- he had carefully fit all the pieces together, and meticulously taped all the loose ends with duct tape. I drove the hour-plus back to the Cape on my way home to the Island with full confidence that nothing would come loose! What relief!

Room Tip: The views are fantastic higher up --
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!