“Stark Art...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Brooklyn, New York
“Stark Art...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When I’m in Boston, I want to feel like I’m in Boston. At the Revere, I feel like I’m in Las Vegas, Miami, Dubai…or, Iceland as one staff member suggested. Everything in this hotel is hard and sharp and, to me, intellectually shallow, so unlike this city, the Athens of America as it was known more than a hundred years ago.
It’s possible that some people will love the style and décor. To me, it was unpleasant visually. It was stuffed with amenities, like a pillow menu and coffee maker, yet had the kind of hangers that make you feel like a thief (really, is that necessary in a 4-diamond hotel?) and lacked a mini bar. The room service menu offered some unappetizing wine choices with 18% gratuity and a $4 “administration fee.” After I was back from the Emerald Bar (more weird sculpture) with my glass of wine, someone (very cordial and nice) from reception called and asked if they could bring me something from the bar.
Sculpture and modern art is a big theme here. I was surprised when the front desk staff could not tell me about the art. I would have like to have walked around with a little guide. One staff member finally got some info: the lobby pieces were by Richard Serra. I knew that if that were true, they would be bragging about it everywhere. It would be an amazing draw. After some internet research (more than should have been necessary) I discovered that they were “inspired” by the very important sculptor, Richard Serra.
Truthfully, all the staff was polite, thoughtful and welcoming. And many visitors to Boston might love the imposing but banal contemporary sculptures and the sleek modern Euro feel of the lobby and guestrooms.

Room Tip: Only the suites have mini bars, but apparently you could request one, if wanted.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went into town with my wife and another couple and stayed at the Revere. All I can say is that the hotel is 5 star all the way. From the time you pull up to the valet until the time u leave this hotel has everything. Very professional staff geared towards customer service. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Groton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Revere Hotel in Boston for a work conference this week. I have travelled to many places but have never felt compelled to write a review until now.
The hotel itself is wonderful. Nice rooms, good food choices and excellent location. But what set the Revere Hotel apart for me wast the service.
While at a function, I had an incident with my shoe that required a cobbler to repair. I brought the shoe down to consierge where I met Richard P. Richard assured me it would be taken care of immediately. Despite a major storm coming in to the city that afternoon, Richard got the shoe to the cobbler, had it repaired and texted me when it was ready. The whole thing took maybe an hour and half.
That was incredible enough, but what struck me was how geniunely nice and happy to help Richard was. True, exceptional service is something that should be recognized so I wanted to get this review written to do so.

Thank you for an excellent stay!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I joined Tripadvisor just to leave this review about the Boston Revere, so here goes!

After carefully researching the Hotels South of Downtown, we decided to choose the Revere for 4 Nights in Mid January.

Research paid off... Fantastic stay!

Location: The Hotel is nestled in between all the areas of interest in Boston... a short walk to the shopping of Boylston, the bars in Downtown, the park at Boston Common yet there is rarely any noise in and around the Hotel.

The Hotel is about a 10min cab ride from Logan Airport - hassle free.

Hotel: Modern, sleek, comfortable - the Hotel defo has an edge over it's counterparts. One night we visited friends staying in a nearby Hotel and they in turn visited our Hotel. To say they were jealous would be a huge understatement.

Rooms: Very comfy Beds, the balcony was an added bonus! Great Bathrooms and products. The Free WiFi was a bit flaky in the Bedrooms (we did have quite a few devices logged in) but it worked fantastically well in all other areas of the Hotel.

Staff: Amazing to deal with. Big shout out to Tim for being such a Legend!

Gym: Well stocked gym. It's an actual Gym (Not a 'Fitness Centre' consisting of 2 Cardio Machines!). Lots of Free Weights, Benches, Cross Trainers, Treadmills etc.

We did not eat or drink in the Hotel but it seems to have quite a cool bar onsite along with a well reviewed Italian Restaurant.

All in all. I will be back. Perfect for short / long stays - You guys have a new fan!

Cheers!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Central MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife, two kids and I stayed for one night at this hotel on 1/24/2015, on the 18th floor. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to a local event, and we thought it would be a good place to get some much needed recuperation rest. We were completely wrong, it was a miserable night.

We had a late night party in the room directly above us, starting after midnight and persisting till approximately 2:30 AM. Past 1:30 AM, the noise from the people [yelling obscenities, howling like animals] became unbearable and my wife called the front desk to let them know that we could not get sleep, and that they had people out of control at their hotel, and that the people were probably above us, but we weren't sure. They sent someone from security up, and since they only listened to the rooms on our floor, decided that there was not a problem. Around 2:00, not having resolution to the problem, we called again, and this time the security guard came back up, entered our room [by our request] and listened. No problem according to the security guard [despite all of us hearing the loud noise]. I asked the security guard to step on the balcony, and he agreed the noise level was inappropriate, but said it was from drunks on the street 18 floors below, and that the bars had just let out [note there are at least 3 on the street]. We said this noise had been going on for hours, and then he agreed it was coming from the room above us.

It probably took them 20 minutes to get the room above us quiet enough to sleep, but the two remaining people in the room, a male and a female, then got into a shouting match for the next 30 minutes. Clearly it was beyond the staff to get the situation under control and to follow up to make sure it stays under control. Clearly, they lacked follow through and were counting on us to contact them a third time to resolve the situation.

My issues were they let the situation get out of control to begin with, were not thorough with their initial followup, and did not followup to make sure that the situation stayed under control. The result was a groggy family on the next day, and we were not able to enjoy our day in Boston.

When I spoke with the front office manager Claire Hadden, she explained to me that the hotel cannot be expected to monitor their guests, and that when guests are out of control, they give them a warning, and only as a last resort ask them to leave. This did nothing to address their shortcomings in handling this situation. Claire then offered to "handle incidentals" for us, and I said we had none. She then offered to give us some sort of credit for our next visit. My response was "Why would we ever want to come here again when you let us down?". She finally offered to reduce the bill for our one night stay by 50%.

Personally, I cannot recommend this hotel, if you want to sleep. Even the security officer was not surprised by the drunk noise in the middle of the night, said it was expected on weekends, because of the bars letting out. Additionally, the hotel was not able to avoid the situation getting out of control, nor were they able to get the situation under control without us ask a second time, and nor did they follow-up to keep the situation under control. And I don't think negotiating with me for compensation was putting our interests first, nor did they ever ask to understand the impact on our family. The manager was not listening to me, just handling it as she probably has many times before.

Oh, and the performance of the wi-fi stunk.

Room Tip: Perhaps as high from the road as possible to avoid noise, but even the 18th floor is not sufficient.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed for two nights for a conference. I've been to Boston plenty of times so I was excited about the hotels location - Close to EVERYTHING! At arrival they offered valet or self which is nice in the city even though I still valeted! The staff is so friendly, always acknowledging me throughout my stay and making sure I was happy. Hotel overall looked brand new and spotless, come to find out they just underwent a massive renovation? Very trendy and modern. Rooms comfortable and HUGE considering it's a city hotel. Oh, FREE wifi!! Had one small issue but staff took care of it so quickly it didn't effect anything.

I think I found my new favorite hotel in Beantown! Enjoy guys.

Room Tip: More of a personal preference but I would ask for a room that doesn't have a sleep number bed...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
RevereHotel, Director of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hearing that Revere Hotel has now become your favorite hotel in the Boston area makes us very happy. Being able to impress a seasoned Boston traveler is an accomplishment. We are pleased that our convenient location worked out so well for you during your conference, and we thank you for your kind comments for our team members and property.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Tim Anctil
Director of Rooms
tanctil@reverehotel.com
Cumberland, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I have made it an annual event to spend a night in Boston after the busy holiday season has passed to decompress and relax. We enjoy long walks in the refreshing cold air and then to duck into a coffee shop to warm up. We also enjoy an excellent italian dinner and the charm of the north end.

This was the second consecutive year we chose to stay at The Revere as we had a nice experience there the year before. Shortly before our stay, I received an email from reservation specialist Leah Rice asking if there was anything she might do to make our stay more enjoyable. I made a couple of simple requests for a room on a higher floor preferably with a city view. Leah was prompt and accomodating in her response. Not only were we given a room on a higher floor with a view, but we were also upgraded (no additional cost) to a junior suite. Needless to say, we were very impressed with the attention to customer care even before we arrived. Thank you Leah!

When we arrived we were greeted by a very helpful valet as well as the registration representative. Everyone we came into contact with at The Revere was friendly, polite and made us feel that they valued us as a guest. Simple small things like a pleasant greeting and wishing us a nice stay at their hotel made the right impression.

The location is terrific since it is a short walk to the park and all the main avenues and streets for shops and restaurants. It's also a short drive or taxi ride to the north end where we headed for dinner.

When we returned from our first walk soon after we checked in, we found a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne and a small box of chocolates in our room. Along with it was a brief note wishing us a pleasant stay. This nice gesture was a real "wow" moment for us in recognizing that The Revere goes above and beyond and that their emphasis on customer service is more than just lip service. It's instilled in their culture.

We've never been high maintenance people when traveling, but I've traveled my fair share for business and have stayed at several five star hotels and resorts so I recognize the little things that go in to making the right impressions in their efforts to make us come back in this highly competitive business. When we plan our visit early January next year why would we look beyond The Revere when exploring hotel options?

Room Tip: It is a city hotel and several hospitals are nearby so if the sound of sirens awake you in the middl...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for sharing your recent experience at Revere Hotel. It’s always an enormous compliment when an experienced traveler such as yourself shares an outstanding experience at our hotel; it tells us that we are on the right path. We are proud of the entire team of people that work here

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Tim Anctil
Director of Rooms
tanctil@reverehotel.com

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!