“Reverie at Revere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 77 hotels in Boston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Reverie at Revere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The reception area at the Revere is multi-level and high-concept. It's a cool place. The staff is professional, pleasantly perfunctory, flawlessly polite, and swift. I had a few questions about the property and area before I checked in, and the manager Jenni Vigni was incredibly helpful - she even provided recommendations for places to check out nearby. A definite high point when hotel management is eager to engage with guests. Once at the property, I was checked in at record time with champagne in hand up to the 23rd floor in a blur. The location of this property is great, with very clean and easy-to-access in-and-out parking (even though it costs $40). Front desk gives you a special key card endowed with unfettered access.

I stayed in the middle of a snowstorm, which made a clean hotel with plenty of stuff nearby even more important. The staff outside was very helpful, the valet did not rush us through, while the street crew cleared out snow as soon as it fell. I walked across the street to Legal Seafood for a pretty good bowl of clam chowder and slid down the icy street to check out some nearby clubs and dining.

The room itself is well appointed. Furniture and lighting is stylish and indicative of greater design. However, they could only do so much to mask the fact that this is a heavily renovated older property. This is primarily given away by the concrete block balconies and popcorn ceilings. With that said, this is every bit a four-star+ property. The bed was very comfortable, and all of the furniture was functional and fashionable. I was a huge, huge fan of the large bottles of shampoo and gel. The coolest thing is that they have two different varieties of hair and body products for you to try, and you're not limited to the small travel bottles. This solution is better for the environment, and probably a lot cheaper.

The biggest improvement I could recommend for this property would be to improve their water pressure in the shower. It's simply very weak. I'm a big fan of nice strong piping hot hotel showers and bath bombs when the size of the bath tub allows - this tub was fairly small, and the shower water pressure was low.

Given the quality of the staff and the location of this hotel, I will definitely make a strong effort to stay here again next time I'm in Boston.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Albert L, thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!
It was a pleasure to have you here with us and hopefully you have found a new home away from home when you are visiting Boston! Please make sure to come back and visit us when the Rooftop @ Revere opens for the warmer season! Hopefully we will see you soon!

1,383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Boston to see our daughter and for a quick Valentine's getaway. We stayed at the Revere and could not be happier. from the moment we arrived, the valet and bellhop could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and ready to make your stay special. We visit Boston often and have stayed a a variety of hotels, and the Revere experience rates at the top. The room was huge with a nice sitting area and a separate bedroom. The bathroom was a bit small but the shower was fine and you really don't need much more in the bathroom anyway. Excellent all around!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thomas K, thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!
I hope you have found your new home with us here at the Revere Hotel when you visit Boston! Please feel free to contact me directly when it is time to book your next stay it will be my pleasure to assist with your accomodations!

Warmest Regards,

Northborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I seldom review hotels because most are so pedestrian they aren't worth reviewing. The Revere Hotel in Boston is different. It is a unique property with fabulous staff, gorgeous rooms, great service, a restaurant called The Rustic Kitchen which is just across the driveway. It has dependable valet parking (or you can park your own). And, the best part... you can be on Boston Common, Tremont Street, Boylston Street, and in the theater district without taking a taxi, subway, or driving. I call this hotel, Cool-Beans because it is the coolest hotel in Beantown.

Now the price... yep it is affordable. In fact, you can't do better anywhere in downtown Boston. Believe me. I live 45 minutes from downtown Boston but my wife and I drive in to the Revere Hotel just to stay downtown all weekend.

Just don't count on meeting Paul while you are there. He is long gone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

UniqueHRG, thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!
Its so great to hear that we have locals that choose to come and stay with us! Hopefully you and your wife will be back very soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when it comes time to book your next trip into the city, it will be my pleasure to assist!

Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

On arrival to this hotel on the second part of our honeymoon my husband and I were impressed by the massive reception and the champagne and the efficient check in. We did feel however that the rooms did not match the opulence of the reception. My first disappointment was the fact that it had two double beds in the room, this is one of my pet hates when you book a double room and especially when I mentioned on booking that it was our honeymoon! The room however was spacious and clean and we did enjoy the view from our balcony even if the balcony itself is uninviting. There isn't anything too exciting in the immediate vicinity of the hotel but we enjoy walking and it wasn't too far to walk to most places in Boston.We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on this. Overall we felt this hotel was slightly overpriced for what it offers. On a positive note the concierge was helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear splodgeIreland:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Revere Hotel and congrats on your marriage - we wish you years and years of happiness and good health.

We are delighted you had such great experiences with our reception staff and your champagne at check-in, concierge staff, our great location and the view from your balcony.

With regard to bed type, in the US, when you book a "double" as you booked, that is a two double-bedded room, meaning two queen beds. Unfortunately because we were sold out, we were not able to switch your bed type to a king as it would have been depriving a guest who actually booked a king room. I'm sorry it was not an ideal honeymoon situation.

Wishing you much happiness,

Tim Anctil
Director Of Front Office

tanctil@reverehotel.com
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The rooms and hotel are very chic, modern and clean! The beds are extremely comfortable as well. However, the staff made my experience great enough to rate on Tripadvisor.com. Jason and Robert P, helped me deal with an incredibly incompetent taxi driver. Robert spent 15 minutes on the phone with the driver while Jason chatted with me and consoled my friend who had lost her earring. Robert asked me to call the hotel and let them know we had made it to our destination, showing genuine concern for our well being.
The Emerald Lounge inside the hotel is also super fun! Great dancing and clubby atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Nikki G, thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!
Its so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Im sorry that your friend lost her earring but I am glad Robert assisted in every way he could to make the situation better!
Hopefully we will be seeing you soon again in Emerald Lounge for some dancing!

Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We chose the Revere Hotel for a Girl's Weekend and it was a perfect choice. Loved the welcome champagne. Our room was large, well decorated, and spotless. The staff was accomdating with our requests (more bathrobes, forgot toothbrush). Everyone was friendly and genuinely seemed to want us to be happy. It is located near the theatre district and Chinatown, easy walk to Fanueil Hall. Our second night was somewhat marred by the fact that there were a group of very loud 20-something guys who were clearly in a party mode, but a great stay and we will be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
CindyMaine, thank you so much for you review!
We are looking forward to your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly when it comes time to booking your stay it will be my pleasure to assist with your reservation! My apologies about the loud group of gentlemen on your floor, I always recommend to our audience to call security any time they are disturbed by other guests in the hotel and they will always handle it approriately! Hoepfully we will see you soon!

Central Village, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We got this hotel on Hotwire so we could stay over after seeing Jersey Boys! We feel so lucky to have gotten this hotel. The place was so clean, the location was close to the theatre , the hotel restaurant was excellent, the concierge waived our vallet parking because HE thought we waited too long and we definitely did not. The place smelled sooo great, the room was modern and everything about it made this trip perfect. Highly recommended by us!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott-Anne D thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!
All of your kind words are so great to read and Im elated to hear that our concierge took great cafre of your parking! Hopefully we will see you back again very soon!

jvingi@reverehotel.com

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!