“Memorable Stay At The Revere” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 77 hotels in Boston
Timmins, Canada
“Memorable Stay At The Revere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Had a family gathering over 4 days to celebrate my birthday and were met in our room by a birthday greeting from Michelle Tannetta, snacks, drinks and even Celtic hats (my favorite team). The rooms were outstanding, the beds were probably the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel. Appreciated the surroundings, energy and cleanliness throughout. Big thanks to Michelle Tannetta. and Simon Mais. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dennis B, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! We hope to see you back very soon! Maybe when the Celtics go to the Championship!

1,421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Revere Hotel a couple of weeks ago with our two dogs: a two-year Rottweiler and a nine-month old Pit Bull. There are so few hotels that are pet friendly, let alone luxury hotels. The Revere Hotel did not disappoint! How refreshing that the hotel does not have breed restrictions nor does it charge extra for your pets. An added bonus: the elevators were easy access from the parking garage so we did not have to walk through the lobby with the dogs. There is a small park just outside, and the Boston Common is a half-block away.

The room was absolutely lovely. The toiletries were high end and the lush bathrobe was a nice touch, as was the champagne in the lobby upon check-in and the free wi-fi. The hotel's location was perfect. We were in town to attend the Red Sox Duck Boat parade and we could not have been closer. We will definitely stay there again, with or without the pups.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CamilleBartlett, thank you so much for your FABULOUS 5 STAR review!
Being a dog lover and owner myself I know how difficult it can be to travel with a breed that unfortunately catches a bad rep! We hope to see you and your puppies back VERY soon!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Was here for just a night for work so my experience was limited (would love to have checked out the fitness center which seemed great.)

The whole aesthetic of the place is odd. A multi-million dollar re-design shows through much of the hotel but not really others. The exterior of the building is depressing - looks like an old Radisson / parking garage (oh, wait - it was!) The interior is a different story. I thought the lobby was pretty though not super functional - the check-in desk weirdly blocked by a spiral seating area. The elevators are another example of misguided door - giant neon green grass blades make it look like an elevator in a Chinese restaurant.

The rooms are nice - spacious, most with balconies (though concrete balconies at that), coffee makers, nice products, huge TV, big workspace, etc.

One really annoying thing: great that they have free wi-fi but it crawled - basically didn't work at all. I complain about this in most of my reviews but this is some of the worst I've seen. I had to do all of my evening work off of my phone.

I think the stars this hotel receives largely depends on what you pay: if you get a reasonable rate it's a nice hotel in a great location with some nice perks like a roof bar and pool. If you're paying an arm and a leg, you'll want to find a modern hotel that is top notch inside and out.

Bonus: the event / conference space they have adjacent is really nice / cool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Loved this hotel! We were greeted with glasses of champagne upon checkin and were very impressed with the modern chic hotel rooms and design. Great location and one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara M, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review!
So happy you enjoyed your glass of champagne and our modern chic hotel atmosphere! Hopefully we will be seeing you back very soon!

Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were pleasantly surprise at the makeover the old Radison got when it became the Revere. Rooms were extremely comfortable and the view was breathtaking. We had a high room and it looked over the city toward the harbor. My daughter had a great swim in the mornings and the attached restaurant was very good. We would recommend getting a room on the upper levels. The subway is only a short walk away, so getting around the city was easy. The hotel staff were very friendly and really wanted to please.

Room Tip: Look to book a room at the upper levels.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Holmesathome, thank you so much for you 5 STAR review! So happy to hear your daughter enjoyed our heated pool during this frigid time of year! Hopefully you and your daughter will be returning to Boston very soon!

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We arrived around 2 pm with a reservation and there were rooms ready yet so we left for an hours as they requested and there still were no rooms ready for us and there were 2 other couples waiting for rooms as well. The problem is that housekeeping just couldn't get the rooms ready fast enough, which shouldn't happen for this caliber of a hotel. Both times we were offered a downgrade room, but not offered to compensate the cost difference, even after I mentioned it. We finally got into a room, but still not the level that we had reserved, I was just tired of waiting. The room was mostly pretty clean, fairly quiet and comfortable and the Bellhop Joe was very nice and helpful. I think that $49.00 for Valet parking is ridiculous and the self park wasn't much cheaper. As far as I'm concerned I think that they take advantage of the lack of available parking to gouge their guest. Their complimentary soaps and shampoos are mounted on the wall in the shower, which is fine if you are taking a shower, but they are not accessible from the tub without having to stand up to reach them, that kind of defeats the purpose of soaking in a tub. The bathroom door is white and has clearly visible dirt along the edge from opening and closing it with dirty hands, housekeeping apparently doesn't have time to wipe down the doors. The hotel has lots of potential if they work out the cons from the pros.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I can't speak about the hotel itself, because I have not stayed there yet. But man! Do I have lots of feedback on their abismal customer service!

(1) Back in September I was looking for group bookings so I called and left a voicemail to that dept, and never received a call back.
(2) Ended up booking 11 rooms for a corporate retreat through their reservations dept, and never received the promised email with the information
(3) Boss decided to stay somewhere else so I cancelled the rooms but still had 2 charges from the Revere this past week
(4) Since I have the cancelation numbers, thought it would be a breeze to get this addressed but as of today I have called 4 times, have been transferred to the finance director, accounting, front desk, reservation number and NOBODY has been able to resolve this situation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!