“So many good things with room for improvement...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Special Rates-Book Direct
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“So many good things with room for improvement...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

After reading all the reviews about the hotel I was a little apprehensive about booking at the Revere but decided to take a chance...location is definitely excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, and room clean and modern. Reserved a premiere king room and was a given a room on the 24th floor with a beautiful view of the city. Like most of the reviews the balcony was nothing but a concrete slab with two chairs (but still nice to have a balcony). When they renovated the hotel they must have decided to save money by retaining the old airconditiners which are extremely loud which diminishes the modern feel of the room. As mentioned before, the staff was very nice but the service was inconsistent. Our room included turndown service which they did only one of the two nights we were there; complimentary shoe shine - bag remained hanging on the door and shoes never shined; tried to have a suit cleaned - returned uncleaned after two days; ordered a bottle of champagne the night we checked in and until we checked out the bucket and glasses remained uncollected; and lastly, sent the hotel an email regarding check-in a few days before checking-in at the hotel and did not receive a response until a day after we checked-in. You get a sense that the hotel is trying to get it right but management needs to provide their staff more supervision and training particularly in their attention to detail. The small things detracted from the possibility of an excellent experience (and review).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Sheila T thank you so much for you review. Im sorry to hear about some of the hiccups that you experience during your stay with us. I have certainly informed my Directors of Front Office and Housekeeping and they will be addressing it with their respective teams. We pride ourselves on our service and anything that is less then exceptional is not what we expect from our cast members. Again thank you for your feedback, if you would like to discuss your stay more in detail please feel free to contact me directly.

jvingi@reverehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were very pleased. The staff ist outstanding, friendly and helpful. You get a glass of Champagne at check-in (and if you ask friendly, you get one without checking in).
No smells in the hallway of floor 9 or in the lobby. Our room was nice and clean. If you are in Boston for leisure, the proximity to all the touristy things like Freedom Trail, Quincy market and so on is a great plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
fra_traveler thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!
We hope to see you very soon when its time for you return back to Boston! Please feel free to contact me directly when it comes time to book your next reservation! It will be my pleasure to assist!

Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Revere Hotel is superb. I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Boston with friends during September 2013.

The hotel isn't pretty to look at and when i first found it i was worried about what i had booked however that is the end of the bad bits. The hotel is completely different once you step foot inside the entrance. Its clean and modern with pleasant and helpful staff. The rooms are spacious and clean with modern furniture and a balcony. The bathroom was spacious and included a bath and shower. The air conditioning in the room works well which is important as when i visited Boston it was 36oC outside. Although not cheap to stay at i believe it was worth every penny. The hotel bar is also worth a visit, very pleasant and relaxing. This is also one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed at, i was not woken up once.

The hotel sits in the main town centre and is only a short walk to the waterfront.

Great Location, Great Hotel, Worth a visit

Room Tip: Double Double
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
smiddyy3k, thank you for you Great Review!
We love the fact that once our guests pull into our driveway (yes we have our own private driveway in the middle of a busy city) they immediately notice everything they need is here and they never have to leave for anything unless they choose too. Whatever the reason is that our guest travel; business or pleasure, whatever it is our guests like to do when they travel: dine, dance, go to special events, attend a conference, relax by the pool, or go to the gym, just to name a few! all can be done right here at the Revere Hotel! Smiddyy3k we welcome you back soon! And again thanks so much for your review!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter & I just spent 7 nights at the Revere Hotel. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. However, there were some problems.

Room service was excellent. The various people who answered the phone and took our orders were nice & asked plenty of questions. However, they did get a couple of things wrong. We really enjoyed the burgers & pizza!

On two occasions, the customer service really stood out. My daughter was sick the last 3 days we were there. One day, I called down and told them I was having trouble with one of the adjustable beds & was missing a remote. I told them my daughter was sick & we were going out for lunch & would be gone an hour. I asked if they could possibly fix the bed & get our room cleaned. Both were done by the time we got back!

The other occasion was during check out. My daughter was still sick and we had a 5 pm flight. I went to the front desk & explained the situation and asked if we could check out at 1 pm instead of 12. The lady told us we could check out at 2 pm!

Another 'biggie' was how quiet the rooms were! We were on the 17th floor & couldn't hear anything! It felt like we were the only ones in the hotel. When you opened the patio door, you could hear traffic, etc. But, when the door was closed there wasn't any noise coming in.

But, there were problems, too. The hallway smelled pretty bad. In fact, when we checked in I was going to ask for a different room. But, I first went to a different floor & it also smelled. Thankfully the rooms smelled fine!

Also, they have pumps for soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. I had two problems with these. One was that they sometimes squirted across the room! I got it all over my shirt one day. I had to learn to cup my hand around the opening. Also, the day we checked in both of our body shampoos were empty! I think they don't check them and you have to tell them when they need refilled. I know it is better for the environment, but overall I was really disappointed with these pumps.

The hotel is about a 7 minute walk from Boston Commons and a subway station. It is less than a block from a 7-11 (where we bought almost every breakfast & kept milk, etc, in the fridge) and a food court. There is a Starbucks & Dunkin' Donuts in the food court.

Again, I would go back to this hotel, but there are issues, too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Im a grumpy traveler and normally don't give positive hotel reviews. My three night experience at Revere was outstanding. Everybody at this hotel seemed happy with service. Smiles in elevator. Couples, Brits everybody. I stayed at several hotels in the area. This one is the best.

Staff at front desk gives priority to guests IN FRONT OF THEM rather than phone calls and paperwork. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

Decor is modern industrial. You like it or you don't. Spotless from my experience staying on 24th floor.

Champagne at check in desk. Great lounge 2nd floor. Shoe shine service. LOVE IT.

Room Tip: Ask for a good room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello NVRLRN, thank you so much for your review!
It delights me to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Especially since you said yourself that you are a rather particular traveler! Since you are in Boston often, we hope you choose to make the Revere Hotel your home away from home for your next trip and every trip after that! Please feel free to contact me directly for any reservations you may need, it will be my pleasure to assist.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Sill at the Revere. Little disappointed. After three nights the bed linen still not changed - when paying almost £200 per night, this is not good. Had to ask for bathrobes in our mini suite and we were brought two glasses of water. Called again the following morning and bath robes were delivered. Bathroom great but carpets could be cleaner in the main areas. The balcony could use a steam clean. We tried to use the pool this morning it it was sill locked. Not quite what we were expecting.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in August 2013 with my partner and we were both really happy with the hotel.
The hotel was quiet even though it was busy and the staff were always friendly and accommodating.
I agree with the comments of DeedeeB67 regarding the smell in the hallway (floor 14 for us). There was an over powering odour of what can only be described as vomit. Not pleasant.
The hotel is in a great location, close to Boston Common and not too far away from anywhere.
Other than that it was a really nice place to stay. We really enjoyed it here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!