“Revere Hotel Review” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
“Revere Hotel Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Revere Hotel during our recent Boston trip and the best part of the hotel was the Concierge. The Concierge was one of the best we have ever worked with. The hotel had no air condition in the hallways or elevators. The hallway had a portable unit near the north end but was hot. The room was ok and bed comfortable. The appearance was one of recently trying to upgrade but was one of the worse 4 star hotels I have ever stayed in. We sat at the pool for a long time and had to flag a waitress to get service. I would recommend the Concierge, not the hotel. Be aware of parking experience as it costs 40.00/day to park and driving in the city is not recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Grant S, thank you so much for your feedback! I am delighted to hear about the excellent service our concierge team was able to provide to you and your guests. I am sorry however to hear about the lack of attentiveness from the waitressing staff at the Rooftop at Revere, we did up until recently have a self service section of the patio where the guests were able to go up to the bar and order their own food and drinks. I'm sorry if this was not communicated to you at the time of being sat, however this is no longer the case, now every table has a waitress assigned! And in regards to parking; we offer both self parking and valet parking (and have reservation packages for both!), we are a city hotel and am one of the few hotels in Boston that offers the option to self park because of the convenience of our garage being on site, not down the street. I do agree with you that driving in the city of Boston is not always needed, Boston is a walking city or if you prefer, our subway is fast, easy and efficient! Again Grant S thank you for your feedback and if you would like to discuss your stay in depth further please feel free to contact me directly, my contact info is below.

jvingi@reverehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We used An online site to pick this hotel for us and were very pleased with it. The Revere is hip, clean and chic. From the minute you step into the lobby, there is a scent that is very appealing. The staff said it's a white tea aromatic and that they get alot of compliments on it. Free champagne or sparking grape juice (well I assume that's what the kids were drinking!) at check in was great. The room was very nice with excellent bedding, towels and pillows. The carpet, curtains, and tall, padded headboard were in good condition. New TV, ipad dock, and clock were all in good condition. The cement walled balcony is good for a look at the city and east facing view was wonderful sunlight in the morning. The staff was very helpful and after we checked out, we were able to check our luggage for a full day of sightseeing. Rated down in value as no breakfast but there are lots of food choices nearby like Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
HotelsRFunForUs, thank you so much for sharing all about your different experiences you had throughout your stay here at the Revere Hotel! It certainly was a pleasure to have you and your friends! We hope to see you soon and I invite you to please contact me directly when it is time to visit Boston again, it will be my pleasure to assist with your reservations.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great convenient area! A group of friends and I stayed there over the weekend. This is my second stay at the Revere and I used to stay exclusively at the W (2 blocks over). I have converted!! This staff goes far beyond the best service I have ever received at ANY Westin property. The hotel is a beautifully decorated. Every detail is thought of to the selection of spa shampoos, rain showers, balcony for each room, comfortable beds, furniture, and accommodating staff. Make sure to check out the roof top deck and Emerald for cocktails.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lettaok, thanks so much for your fantastic comments about your time spent at the Revere Hotel! We welcome you back to experience our one of a kind boutique service again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when it comes time to book your next visit to Boston, I look forward to hearing from you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed at the Revere multiple times throughout this year and they never cease to amaze. The rooms are impeccable and the location is fantastic! Definite recommendation for anyone looking to stay in a new posh establishment conveniently located in the city.

• Stayed July 2013
SabrinaRyan27, thank you for your kind words! We hope to continue serving you during your trips to Boston! If your schedule allows, try to check out our complimentary yoga Sunset Salutations sponsored by Lulu Lemon on Tuesdays on our private Rooftop or starting in August on Wednesday's our one of a kind Resort Fashion shows on the Rooftop at Revere! Please contact me directly for your next reservation, I look forward to hearing from you.

Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Living in Rhode Island, I frequently visit Boston for Business and Pleasure. I recently found Revere HOTEL and I am GLAD I DID!!! EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS! Normally I stay at the W which Is a great hotel but with the customer service, attention to details, and the Modern Atmosphere at Revere; I plan on staying at Revere on all my future stays! The Emerald restaurant is amazing as well as their newly opened ROOFTOP DECK which provides a great area to relax and enjoy drinks with some AMAZING VIEWS OF BOSTON SKYLINE! I recommend Lauren at the rooftop bar did a great job mixing up our Sangria Pitches.... def a fav of our my GF's!!!
Also, Jenni (VIP Manager) did an Amazing Job accommodating my request and making sure my guest and I had everything we needed! Def a 5 STAR EMPLOYEE!

My advice to anyone choosing a place to stay in BOSTON... BOOK NOW & LOOK NO FURTHER!! You will not be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SunnyV, thank you so much for your great comments! It was my pleasure to assist with your accommodations during your time spent with us at The Revere Hotel. I am very much looking forward to your return visit!! Your Sangria Pitcher will be waiting for you in hand! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here early July, booking a room with a fridge for the 3 of us. Whilst room was clean and comfortable it would have been nice to have 3 cups and enough coffee for 3 people. Each day only 2 of everything was left which was ok for us as my son got hooked on the hotels apple juice. What others have said about the noise when flushing the toilets is true, they are very noisy.
Good location just off of Boston Common and only a fifteen minute walk up to Beacon Street area, bit more down to aquarium.
Staff at reception were great but we had a small altercation with the young lady up at the pool bar area. It was extremely hot when we were there and we specifically asked the day before we were due to check out if we could store our luggage whilst we used the pool bar for lunch whilst we waited for our taxi back to the airport and was told that would not be an issue. Imagine our surprise when we were told by the hostess up at the bar that we could only use the bar area if we were still guests of the hotel. I said that reception had said that this would be ok and I could not really see a problem especially as we had just spent almost USD1500 staying at the hotel, but this meant nothing to her so the restaurant across the road got our business instead.
Would I stay here again, if the price was right, yes, use the pol bar, NO

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jbearKent, thank you for your review, my apologize on the housekeepers not leaving a third coffee cup for your son, sometimes if we have the third person registered as a child in our system then the housekeepers normally would only leave certain things for the adults in the room unless specifically requested. And Im sorry to hear about the miscommunication about the pool, our hotel guests are our number one priority and you certainly should've been allowed to enjoy the Rooftop at Revere. I have addressed this issue with Teo our Rooftop at Revere manager. On your next trip please feel free to contact me directly so I can make sure your stay not only meets but exceeds your expectations.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had some concerns about my booking here as there were some negative comments about the pool/leisure area but they were completely unfounded.From check in to check out, all the staff were great.The staff up on the pool deck were particularly friendly and helpful.Rooms were very modern and clean.Great views of the city.Its a short walk to Boston Common and all the shopping areas.It was my first time in Boston, a great place with very friendly people. I will definitely be back and the Revere is my Boston Hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room at the very end of the corridor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
peterdub89 thank you so much for you reviews! Im glad to hear you stayed with your gut and experience The Revere Hotel! We take very great pride in the service we provide to every guest that comes through our doors! Hopefully we will be seeing you soon! Please let me know when you will be visiting Boston again so I may be able to assist with any accommodations you may need!

jvingi@reverehotel.com

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!