“Recent Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Recent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here May 9-13, 2013 for a family sightseeing trip to Boston and everything was great. I highly recommend the Revere. When I go to a city for a first time, I always search for hotel ideas on Expedia (based on location, price, etc.) and then read their reviews on TripAdvisor to help me make my decision (and then I generally book straight through the hotel's website for the best price, which is what I did at the Revere). The reviews I read were spot on (great view from high floors, champagne when check in, etc.). The room was spacious and modern and the bathroom had plenty of amenities. We had requested a refrigerator which we didn't end up really using, so next time I'll just pick up a few drinks and put them in the ice bucket and not worry about it since they seem to be in short supply. The hotel is definitely within walking distance of tons of sights and restaurants. It is in the theater district and we only had to walk 1 block to a show one night. We also tried a variety of restaurants at night that were within walking distance, including an Irish pub, a sushi bar and Legal Seafood. There is a food court across the street with Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks and other places inside which is a cheaper option for breakfast. We never did eat at Rustic Kitchen or visit Emerald, but hopefully we can try them next time! All of the staff were friendly and helpful, including the concierge who booked our tickets with Boston Upper Deck Trolley Tours (which I also recommend!). Only downsides were weird smell in lobby and the person who offered to call us when our room was available but didn't...but overall these were minor compared to all of the good things about the Revere. We enjoyed our stay immensely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to your next trip to Boston! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to set up your visit! I have informed my Director of Front Office about our Front Desk Agent not calling you when your room was ready, we always do our best to accommodate our early arriving guests, my apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to hear from you soon!

jvingi@reverehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The experience at this hotel starts with the minimalist lobby accented with cool artwork and architecture. You immediately feel like you are in the hippest hotel in Boston. The front desk staff members were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was spacious, with a modern design and flat-screen TV and balcony. Overall the room was cozy and quiet and felt new / newly renovated. One of the highlights was the restaurant downstairs off the lobby, called The Rustic Kitchen. Fabulous food and really great bar with craft cocktails. The club "Emerald" was also really cool, and attracts an interesting crowd. It's also a great location and you can easily walk everywhere. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for review! Hopefully you will join us again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are booking your next trip to Boston!

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

When I go to Boston this is the only hotel I will stay at.

Recently stayed and it was great. The rooms are always spotless clean and I never have any problems with anything working. The internet is free. The bed is comfortable. There is ample lighting. Good selection of TV stations (though they need to get NBC Sports for the hockey:-)).

There is a very good exercise room and a busines center as well.

The room comes with 2 free bottles of water, and there is a coffee machine.

The staff here is always helpful and willing to go out of their way to help you with anything. I cannot say enough about the people!

The prices for a Boston hotel are very reasonable!

If there is a drawback, I feel that in room dining is somewhat limitted, but with so many restaurants in the area for me it makes no difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for all your great comments! Im happy to inform you that our guests can order off of our In Room Dining Menu, the hotel restaurant, Rustic Kitchen's menu and our late night room service is offered by The Best of Boston's South Street Diner! The next time you are traveling to Boston please feel free to contact me directly so I can assist with your reservation and making sure all your needs and requests are met throughout your stay.

upstate new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Most comfortable bed!! Very clean and modern. No bed bugs! Best bath amenities. Great location in the back bay area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Best of all- they give you a glass of champagne when you check in! Who wouldn't enjoy that?!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We enjoyed our 5 night stay at the Revere 5/10-15, 2013. All the creature comforts, nice beds and bedding, soft towels, tub good for a soak, balcony, view, helpful staff and easy walks to Copley Square, Newbury St. Shopping, Boston Commons & Public Gardens. Even Beacon Hill and Esplanade Hatch Shell were walkable.
We had reserved a room with 2 queens, balcony and mini-fridge, and discovered later in the evening, after a rushed checkin and bag drop so we could get to the Red Sox game, that the room had no fridge. They offered to switch to a King with a fridge, but they had no double queen and said check in morning. In the A.M. we needed to head out for an engagement but were told we could pack our bags and they'd move us to the double queen with fridge. We were delighted with the new room and glad they made it right. Wifi was a bit slow at times. And be prepared for the rates to be higher during the week than the weekend. A little spendy, but when averaged out between the weekend lower rate and higher rate it was OK, especially by Boston standards. It's a bit noisy with sirens (two hospitals near by), but the soundproofing was pretty good when balcony door was closed. Toilets very noisy when flushed and could hear those from other rooms. Parking is prohibitive so you're better off not renting a car. Just use cabs, the T, and your own two feet!

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights. Location is nice with the T only 2 blocks away. Easy walking distance to most sites in Boston. Staff seem friendly and willing to accomadate. Rooms were clean but as others have noted there is no fridge. Room size is fine stayed in a standard. We were here on a sightseeing trip. I like the Revere would stay here again although I feel it's a bit overpriced.

Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your stay at The Revere and we are looking forward to your next trip back to Boston. I'm sorry to hear that you were not assigned one of our Standard King Rooms with a fridge, in addition to both our Suites and Lofts that come with refrigerators, we do have several Standard Double Queen and Kings Rooms that have them as well. They can be reserved at the time of booking or if we have the availability at the time of your check-in, and we usually do, it will be our pleasure to accommodate your request.
If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further my contact information is below. I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a girls night in the city. The location is perfect if you want to be walking distance from everything-shopping, restaurants, Boston Common, etc. They offer you a glass of champagne during check in, which is a nice touch. I stayed on the 18th floor and our room had a fridge and a balcony. The concierge was more than helpful in offering suggestions of fun places to go for brunch, dinner, and drinks. I will stay here again on my next visit to Boston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!