“Fantastic Service!!! Top-notch staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Special Rates-Book Direct
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Service!!! Top-notch staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We ended up going to the Revere Hotel in Boston, due to a major snow storm in our area and no electricity available in our town. Not only did this hotel have a fantastic rate of $99/night for those affected by the bad weather, but the staff was wonderful. Upon check in we were greeted by AnneMarie Becker, who was extremely courteous, pleasant and understanding of our situation. She kindly showed us to our rooms and just made us feel so welcome. Edita at the restaurant was also very friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms in this hotel are fantastic, clean and very modern. The pool was great and one of the best parts of the hotel. Teodor at the pool was very friendly and made sure we had a great experience, letting us know the water temperature at the pool and we certainly appreciated the cozy atmosphere inside, versus the heavy snow outside. Overall, I'd give this hotel a two thumbs up and strongly encourage anyone to stay there. They won't regret it. Great job Revere Hotel!!! A+++++++++

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Local colleagues say this hotel has had quite a makeover, and it's definitely gone for the boutique look and feel.
The lobby is very stylish, although the swirling walkways from the front door to checkin desk did feel like a formidable maze after a transatlantic flight. All was forgiven when I was offered a glass of champagne while they booked me in - a perfect welcome.
The rooms are a decent size and mine offered good views over Boston. The rooms have small balconies, but at -16C the sliding doors were not coming open during my stay.
The buffet breakfast was perfectly fine. For evening meals we went to McCormick and Schmick across the street for seafood, and on the other night we went to Legal Sea Food, also across the street, also for seafood! I'd recommend both of them, and in that weather we didn't want to explore any further.
I would stay here again for its warm welcome and central location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband & I scored a great deal on rooms at the Revere through Jetsetter.com. We were very pleased with our stay. We stayed one night on a Thursday and one night on a Sunday, both times on the 16th floor. We went during the Nemo blizzard and we found the hotel staff to be adequately prepared and very helpful. We loved getting a glass of champagne upon check-in! Our room was clean and high-quality. We loved the location of the hotel and it was an easy walk to meet our family for dinner nearby. Anytime we needed a cab, the hotel staff helped us flag one down.

The only downside was that we had reserved a King bed room for both stays, but we were given 2 Queens both times. We didn't spend too much time in the room so we didn't bother asking the front desk to fix this, but it would have been a perfect experience if the reservation was as expected without us having to ask for a change. Also, the door on room 1607 doesn't close unless you physically pull it shut, so when my husband left early in the morning and I was still sleeping, I had to get up and shut the door after he left because it didn't close behind him.

In addition, we would love to see more organic, healthy and gluten-free options on the menu for room service.

Overall, however, this was a delightfully luxurious hotel and we would absolutely return. Thank you!

Newton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel with funky chic decor, excellent location and some of the best balconies in Boston.

My stay was a February birthday getaway. It would have been perfect if I had not been ocked out of my room soaking wet. Went swimming in the lovely pool. Hair wet, wearing sweats and flip flops (no locker room at pool), I return to my room and key won't work. Did the staff "key bomb" me hours after check-in?

Friends in the industry tell me this is the dirty little secret of the hotel world. Staff punish guests by deprogramming their key. If this happened, I am flabbergasted. I made no special requests and was polite at all times to the front desk staffed by someone named Mike at check-in.

Without a working key, I had to go to the front desk with my sopping hair and flip flops in winter to obtain a working key. A woman at the desk handled by request with a smile but no explanation.

On a better note, the location of The Revere is a perfect base for enjoying Boston. A Legal Seafoods is across the street, Starbucks down the block and MBTA station is a 5 minute walk. The price (around $179) is more affordable than the luxury waterfront hotels and the touristy areas of Faneuil Hall.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer balcony view of Boston Common, the golden dome of the statehouse and ocean view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am sorry to hear about your key situation. I do not know this term “key bombing” but I want to be very clear how keys become deactivated. One way is that a key is demagnetized. Another is that the magnetic strip is faulty and may not hold the signal, the third is when a new key is programmed for the same room and consequently inserted in the lock, and this would override any prior keys that were made. Our Saflok key system does not just allow us to lock a guest out of their room remotely from the front desk. Again we apologize you had the issues with your key but I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to welcome you back.
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Revere during the Blizzard of 2013. We could not have had a better weekend.

I went into the weekend hoping to propose, but the blizzard shut everything in the city down. The staff at the Revere and the Emerald Lounge took it upon themselves to make sure my girlfriend (fiance now!) had the special moment she deserved. I've never stayed anywhere where the entire staff was so helpful and friendly.

The location is great, the room was phenomenal, and food at the Rustic Kitchen (attached) was excellent. But there's nothing better than the staff and service.

The Revere will always be a special place for us, and I'm sure it will be for you too!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night - clean and modern. I loved the make up mirror! Only downside was I could hear some kind of party going on in one of the rooms on our floor for ~20 minutes around 11PM, but I was tired so it didn't bother me too much. Also, it was Saturday night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had a conference to go to at BCCA. I had a living social for this hotel. the service was good with champagne at the check in which was nice after a long drive. the rooms are very nice but we needed to ask for extra blankets. the hotel is close to the convention center and close to many restaurants. the check out time was 12 which is more convenient than 10 or 11 at many other hotels. there is a parking lot up the street which has reasonable overnight parking prices. breakfast was expensive

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!