“Updated, Modern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Updated, Modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night - clean and modern. I loved the make up mirror! Only downside was I could hear some kind of party going on in one of the rooms on our floor for ~20 minutes around 11PM, but I was tired so it didn't bother me too much. Also, it was Saturday night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had a conference to go to at BCCA. I had a living social for this hotel. the service was good with champagne at the check in which was nice after a long drive. the rooms are very nice but we needed to ask for extra blankets. the hotel is close to the convention center and close to many restaurants. the check out time was 12 which is more convenient than 10 or 11 at many other hotels. there is a parking lot up the street which has reasonable overnight parking prices. breakfast was expensive

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great location, great staff, great rooms and despite being a man who rarely, if ever, would consider "moisturizing," I really liked the Skoah products in the bathroom. I would have purchased them for my daughters, but wasn't quite sure where they were sold.

The staff here are fantatsic and the service is friendly, helpful and immediate. I wil not be paying the freight at the big name hotels on the common - this one is a block away, closer to the theaters, equal or beeter in service and ambiance, and value for your money.

To quote the governator, "i'll be back."

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. It is great to hear how wonderful your stay was with us and how much you enjoyed our Skoah products. For next time you visit us, you can purchase the Skoah products at the front desk or at their location in the South End on Tremont Street. We look forward to your return!
Chatham, Kent, Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Revere Hotel is fairly centrally located just south of Boston Common (Arlington Subway Station 2 minutes walk) within easy reach of the Amtrak South Station (less than ten minutes walk away). Big comfortable modern room with balcony, large flatscreen TV and cable channels, iPod dock, games controller and tea/coffee making facilities. Easy walking distance from "Cheers" bar) northside of Boston Common) and "Freedom Trail" to Bunker Hill. Would certainly stay again and recommend it. If in Boston with time available I would certainly recommend visiting the original "Cheers" bar, walking the "Freedom Trail" to the USS Constitution Museum ("Old Ironsides") and Bunker Hill Monument. Also (short) trips on the MBTA subway to Fenway Park for the Boston Redsox Tour, Harvard University, the Samuel Adams Brewery Tour (free) and even the 30 minute train-ride from the Amtrak North Station to Salem (for historical interest but NOT for the tawdry "witch" entertainment museum(s)!)

Room Tip: Certainly sounds like a good idea to avaid the top floor machinery noises!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our guestrooms and it sure sounds like you took advantage of our central location and were able to see many different attractions. We hope to see you again soon!
Dracut, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Everytime I stay at the Revere hotel I am astonished at how super the customer service is.
The valet service and the the front desk staff upon checking in are awsome. every aspect of this hotel's custmer service cannot be beat. Even when hotel staff randomly passes a guest in the hall way they inquire if you have any needs they can assist you with.

The staff at this hotel are truly the Best of any hotel in Boston!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for being a returning guest. We appreciate your comments about how wonderful our cast is. I am glad we are able to consistently provide you with four diamond services and make you feel comfortable while staying here. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We travel to Boston a couple times a year for pleasure and I've always shopped for the best rates. That changed when we started staying at the Revere Hotel. The Revere sits in a perfect location for entertainment, restuarants, and shopping. Recently renovated , the hotel is situated 2 blocks from "The Common" and is in easy walking distance to many places guests would choose to see when in Boston. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and all rooms have balconies that allow fresh air for sleeping and great views of the city. To my knowledge it's the only hotel in the city that offers that convenience. In additon to the hotel itself, the staff is second to none for friendly service and attention to detail. This starts at the front desk and can be seen in the restaurant and even the housekeepers. I no longer waste time shopping for special rates, I simply make our reservation at the Revere knowing our stay will be terrific.
GO BRUINS!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for taking the time for your wonderful comments. Make sure to check out our website when booking your next reservation for special offers and promotions!
Cape Cod, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the Revere for a parent's getaway night (deal through living social). Overall, I'm very happy that we paid what we did as I would probably have been more disappointed if it had been much more expensive. But it was a very nice location and after all - it was our getaway overnight so that right there makes it enjoyable!

I had read the other reviews so was on guard for the "strong scent," the "loud and slow elevators," etc. But I kept an open mind.

We arrived early (noon for a 3:00 check in) and our room wasn't ready yet - I wasn't surprised and I asked the very nice young woman behind the desk not to worry about it as we were planning to explore the city anyways. She let us check our suitcase and we were off to do the tourist thing.

We returned around 2:30 and our room was ready (by the way both my husband and I thought the notorious scent in the lobby was nice. I really liked it, he said it wasn't that bad). We were on the 24th floor, so after receiving our complimentary champagne toast upon arrival we headed up in the elevators. Never during the time we were there, did we have a long wait for the elevator. And we were on the top floor.

The room was beautiful. Not our style as we are more family, cozy types but we can appreciate an attractive decor. Clean lines - it does help if you know the hotel theme of theater inspiration (i.e. sign for door says "talent at rest"). The room was spotless, balcony overlooked the city with beautiful views. I found the bed comfortable, my husband wasn't a huge fan. But that kind of thing is so subjective. There is a "pillow menu" and I am at fault myself for not choosing a different pillow - the feather style pillows that were on the bed were too squishy for my but that's my fault for not asking for a different one.

We had tickets to blue man group (highly recommended) at 8:00, so we went down to the concierge to ask for suggestions in the area for dinner. This was our first disappointment - the concierge (I'll leave him name out) seemed annoyed that either we had not made reservations or that we were pestering him for help with a restaurant. We actually didn't want him to call around to get us a table (although we appreciated him doing that) - we just wanted some names of places. Oh well. Sorry that we bothered you?

We had a wonderful time at the show and returned to our room - this was an odd part - we had taken a nap before going out and had left the bed disheveled. But when we returned at 10:30 the bed had been remade and my clothes had been folded on the bed. Kind of the opposite of turn down service which we would have expected. We're not regular customers at 5 star hotels so I'm not sure if that was what they were going for but it seemed peculiar to us.

Once we turned the lights out we experienced what many reviewers have mentioned - the noise! The noise! THE NOISE! I have never heard so much noise from the hallway as we did here. I would strongly recommend to the hotel that they install sweeps under the doors because the "entranceway" of the room is laminate / hard floor. Most hotels are fully carpeted, causing the doorway to be more sealed. But here there is a significant gap under the door - so much so that we didn't need a nightlight, the room was lit with the light shining under the door. And if the light can get under, the sound can too. The next room was having trouble with their key and we lived through the experience. The saving grace was that we were at the end of the hall so there weren't a lot of people coming by thankfully. And with it being winter there weren't a lot of customers getting ice at the machine next to our door. We did hear noise from the elevators all night long - I can only imagine if we had been next to the elevators themselves. Perhaps because we were on the top floor we got more noise from the equipment being right above us?

The next morning we had a nice breakfast in the Rustic Kitchen restaurant attached to the hotel. Nothing amazing, but convenient and average taste.

So I would give the Revere points for location (lots of points for that!), points for the amazing Skoah skin products (lots of points for that too!), and the staff were very friendly (with the exception of concierge) and helpful. Cons included the NOISE and the NOISE. And the concierge was so - so.

Would we return? Perhaps. But there are so many other places in the area that it would have to be a really good deal to return. I did love the skoah products so much that I plan to order some online for myself (couldn't figure out if we could buy them at the hotel and if so, how to?).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!