“Boutiquey Feel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Boutiquey Feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked our reservation the night before our arrival. Had a coupon to upgrade to the 22nd floor (I believe). We arrived around 1pm so they held onto our luggage until 3pm. Tom brought our luggage to our room; young but professional. Room was very nice and clean. Did not use our car so our rate was cheaper than valet rate. Would stay at hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are happy to store luggage for guests not only prior to check-in time, but also after you check-out if need be. Glad to hear how helpful Tom was, he is a wonderful asset to our guest services team. Looking forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tyler, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything, I mean everything was just right, no snags at all. The reason I know is my wife is so so picky when it comes to hotels and if it were not right, she would of let me know about it, for a while !!

Remember to ask the concierge about any questions you have, there are 2 we met and they both were helpful and friendly.

One thing about Boston and Cambridge, we really didn't meet anyone that was rude at all, in fact I think Boston is more fun than New York City is, even though my wife really likes NYC.

Room Tip: To save a few bucks, find that little strip down Stuart on the left from the hotel just past Charles...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are delighted to hear how wonderful your stay was with us. Our concierge is extremely knowledgeable, so it’s good to hear they were able to assist you. We hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was very excited to stay at the newly renovated hotel. The physical layout was very minimalist. It certainly had eye appeal. Unfortunately that was the only redeeming factor of this boutique hotel. The staff all seemed to be very young and unexperienced . Their attempts to rectify problems were poor. I made it clear that i would only being staying 3 nights when I checked in and upon check out, yet I was charged for 4 night. I called daily to complain of the empty lotion/soap dispensers. They were of wonderful quality but I never got to try any. Many little things just kept adding up. Definitely NOT worth the price when there are so many other choices in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your feedback. I apologize for the dispensers in your bathroom not being refilled properly, as it is our standard to fill them daily. I will be addressing this with our housekeeping team.

I would love to speak with you regarding your charges, as I am somewhat confused with what occurred. The hotel only charges on a nightly basis unless you booked through a third party and prepaid the reservation. If you could contact me at the number below, this would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Mais, GM
617-457-2656
Montréal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just got back from a weekend in Boston. I called 2 days before check-in to ask if the room would be available upon our arrival around noon. The lady told me that she would put a request on my reservation and see what she can do about it. We arrived at 1:00 PM in a rush because we were going to see the game at Fenway. Check-in was pretty fast, we left the car to the valet and off to the game.
This hotel is well situated, and it was just a 10$ cab ride to Fenway Park.
We were on the 21st floor and were delighted with the balcony which is a change to others hotels where you cannot open the window and just have to deal with the A/C. The room is well decorated, the bed is comfortable and most important to me, the bathroom. Didn't ear noise from the hallway and not even from the neighbors.Good idea of having multiple choices of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. One suggestion though, have selection of fragrance free products.
I have read comments about the slows elevators and the bizarre smell in the hallways. Didn't notice anything wrong about both of them. I even checked with my boyfriend if he noticed any smell at all, and said that everything was good.
Just one notice: the valet parking is 46$.
I booked through Hotwire , because I've wanted to try that website for so long. I had a great deal and was quite happy with it when I saw the regular prices. Frankly, I wouldn't pay that amount though we had a great time and a nice stay.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

On the Pro side of things: Location is great, 2 blocks from Boston Common, convenient to Beacon Hill and the Back Bay. The customer service is very good, the furnishings in the room are modern, great bath products, and every room has a small balcony. They have a small gym and a nice pool.

On the cons: I kid you not, the hallways smell like vomit. Either they use the worst smelling carpet cleaner ever, or the Emerald lounge crowd that it caters too has too much fun and can't make it to the bathroom. The hotel caters toward the Emerald lounge, they offer you VIP access for staying at the hotel which means at 2 AM you hear the drunkards running up and down the halls and being very loud. Those 2 things alone really contribute to the downside of things.

If you are not young and looking to party all night, I would not recommend this hotel. Unfortunately the crowd it seems to cater to overrides the positive aspects I listed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am glad you enjoyed our location, guest rooms, amenities and especially our cast.

In response to your comments about the odor in the hallway; it is not vomit, it is glue from the underlay which should be resolved in the next week.

Regarding Emerald Lounge, our hotel caters to all guests; from solo business travelers, to couples and families from all over the world. Emerald Lounge is Boston’s newest, luxury lounge that is very popular within the city and we want to ensure all of our guests have VIP access, bypassing any lines. I am very disappointed to hear that some of our guests did not respect their neighbors. Had our 24 hour security been notified, we could have spoken directly to these individuals. We are a solid concrete building, and noise complaints are not a common occurrence in this hotel. I do apologize for any disruption to your sleep you may have experienced. We certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can see your noise issues are not typical at the hotel.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two days while moving my daughter to college and I was thrilled to have discovered such a great place. I found every experience with the front desk and concierge staff to be incredibly helpful and often beyond expectation. Even their recommendation for a casual restaurant was great - they paid attention to what I thought I needed and added what they knew I would need. When my plans changed suddenly due to a de ath in the family, the front desk went many extra miles to help me and I remain incredibly grateful. I travel regularly and while I can't remember much about the actual room (other than it was perfectly comfortable, nice and modern), I remember their service enough that I am writing this review three weeks later. I want the hotel management to know that their staff made the difference and I will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am sorry to hear about your loss and my condolences go out to you and your family. I am glad you found our cast to be so helpful and that we were able to accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again soon.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Price –definitely high, but it's because of the location and great condition of the hotel. You can ‎find more affordable ones further from downtown. If you want to treat yourselves – this ‎hotel is a good choice.‎

Location – Wonderful, lovely neighborhood. You can have a nice walk to downtown or walk ‎shortly to the subway station (green or orange line). There are restaurants and pubs nearby. ‎We walked to a theater to see a show.‎

Rooms – Fab. Large, clean, modern, lots of space in drawers, the bed is comfy, we had an amazing view ‎‎(on floor 22). You get good quality soap and even a hand moisturizer. The only negatives are ‎very insignificant: the toilet flushes in a really strong current so it's loud like the ones in ‎airplanes…. and the shower stream could be stronger, but really it's fine the way it is.‎

Facilities – We used the pool and Gym. They were great because before 10am they're practically ‎empty. The pool is small (standard hotel size) but sufficient and comfortable for swimming if ‎only you and one or two others use it. Same goes for the gym.‎

Overall we enjoyed this hotel so much it was totally worth the money.‎

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and it was worth your money. You may be interested to learn we are in the process of building a larger fitness center with more free and universal weights. In response to your comments about the bathroom; in our efforts to be a green hotel, our toilets are low flush, designed to reduce our impact on the environment and consume less water. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!