“This hotel is an amazing Boston Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Special Rates-Book Direct
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Boston
“This hotel is an amazing Boston Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located steps to superb restaurants, the theatres, and Chinatown. Attentive staff, immaculate and exquisite contemporary decor. The buffet breakfast is a must!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Revere Hotel. This was sort of a last second trip and I was able to get a good deal through Hotwire.

Negatives: I had the same problem with the keycard as a previous reviewer mentioned. It wouldn't normally be the biggest deal in the world, but I was exhausted by the time I was checking in and just wanted to get into the room. I took the (slow) elevator down to get a new card - same problem. I went down again and they told me someone would come up to assist me with the issue, just wait upstairs. It took another 10 minutes, but I eventually got in. Later, they did sent a maintenance guy to play around with the door and, whatever they did, I did not have the problem again for the rest of my stay. The only other thing I was disappointed in was the bed. It seems if they did a big renovation, that attention would have been paid to this. Perhaps, I just got unlucky, but the room I stayed in featured a bed that was, at best, worn out. When you got in from the side, you just rolled right into the sunken middle. Not supportive, not real comfortable. That was disappointing.

The bed and the issue with the keycard were really the only things preventing this hotel from getting 5 stars, in my opinion. The service was excellent. I forget the name of the gentleman at the front desk, but he was very welcoming and helpful... and understanding/apologetic. The concierge was equally attentive. The lobby and room were both very attractive, and the room a good size for a city hotel. The location was quite good too. It's not ideal, but if you don't mind walking, it's very easy to get around and not far from the "T".

The only other comment to add is a fire alarm went off a bit before check-out time which sort of forced me out of the hotel. Firemen were going up the elevator as I was trying to get out... a bit disconcerting and, like I said, kicked me out a bit prematurely. I don't know what was going on, but fortunately, I didn't see any flames, so I decided to run quickly into the business center to print out my boarding pass. Hopefully, the Revere is still standing... just an unusual way to leave a hotel.

Mahomet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. They just completed renovations. The furnishings are upscale and modern, the service was excellent, and the location couldn't be better. We were able to walk, take the trolley, or the subway easily from this hotel. The area was safe and clean. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seinajoki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed here as part of a group. New hotel, friendly staff, nice clean room, breakfast ne, everything just perfect. Except: the damned keycards, My wife and I were given two keycards of course for our room. The first one that we tried worked after about a dozen tries. The second one never worked, so went to change it. This one worked after a few tries, but then the first one stopped working. Did not go back to change it though, as we were there for one night only. I returned to the room first, and my keycard worked after about a dozen tries. When my wife returned, her card (the one that har worked in the beginning), did not work anymore, and after a couple of minutes she just knocked. Next morning we returned from breakfast and tried her card - no go. Mine worked after a few tries. So, the hotel got nearly everything right, abd the perfect picture was spoilt by the keycard problem. In fairness I must point out that not everyone in our group had this problem, but many did. I would really like to stay here often, but it would be nice to be able to get into the room. Note: this is the only hotel I have ever encountered that had this problem, I have always been able to get into my room on lots of hotels in about a dozen countries, so I presumably know how to use keycards.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a fabulous room on the 22nd floor of this hotel with a great view of Boston. The location, close to Boston Common, was ideal and we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go.The room was larger than any I've stayed in before and well-decorated/furnished. On the down side, we were unable to use the computers in the business centre to access or send emails.I presume there is security restriction, but the staff did not tell us this and said they didn't know why we couldn't use Hotmail, even after IT guys had looked at it. This persisted for the whole of our 5 day stay and other guests had the same problem. So it was great if you don't need that facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a good view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This ultra modern hotel was very European in design. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed with very confortable beds. The service from champagne check in, to valet and concierge were fantastic. Employees were very friendly and happy to please. This is a dog friendly hotel and my little guy was treated to his own bed and food bowls. He was greeted with enthusiam and every effort to make him feel at home.

This hotel deserves much credit providing reasonable accomodations, in style and with a smile!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We ran an event at The Revere Hotel and the service and dedication of the staff were excellent. A relaxed atmosphere whilst still keeping on top of everything. We are definitely using The Revere again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!