“Excellent customer service, but a lot of kinks hadn't been worked out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Revere Hotel Boston Common

Save Saved
You added Revere Hotel Boston Common to your Saves list
Revere Hotel Boston Common
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 77 hotels in Boston
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent customer service, but a lot of kinks hadn't been worked out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I want to say upfront that I am pretty sure the hotel had just changed over to new management including a major overhaul. The customer service was excellent. The desk staff were extremely nice and went out of their way to be helpful. Then the figurative bugs reared their heads (there were no actual insects during my stay). My key card would only open my door once every 10 tries or so. I went to replace it and the new one did the exact same thing. Maintenance showed up and their key worked fine (not a Revere branded fancy one), so they came back with a plain keycard that did work. There was still construction going on, which wasn't loud, but did show where some things were being replaced. The elevators were supposed to require a keycard to get to the guest floors, but that wasn't set up yet either. More importantly, the beds weren't nearly as comfortable as the Hampton Inn in Cambridge where stayed on the other part of this trip. My towels were not replaced with the same number the second day, so I had to get more. The towels had some stains on them, which is not comforting to me. I'm not too picky (I swear), but with such high end decor and desk service, I had very high expectations.

I think once the kinks are worked out, this will be a very nice hotel. I may have caught them in the transition scramble. Oh, the only other issue is that you can/will easily miss the place if you aren't looking carefully. The sign is not very prominent. On the plus side, the restaurant in the hotel was great for lunch. I was impressed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

1,383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Outside of the fact that when you drive into the garage to park for the hotel, it isn't obvious where its entrance is, we were satisfied with the rooms. So... we parked, carried our luggage down to the ground floor and finally found the entrance. They should make it more obvious!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed at the Revere while in town for a conference, the week of April 30th. Not sure why my expereince was so different from others, it looks impressive, but there was no substance. There were dead ants on the bed (I was on one of the top floors not sure how they got there). The water was either scalding hot or ice cold, there was no in between and it depended on the day which it was. They also tried to charge me more than what my reservations were for. Maybe after they have more time to transition to the botique hotel. It is a great location, but not a great place to stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
NelsonPratts, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common.
We are very sorry to read about your experience at our Hotel. This is the first time we are hearing about the issues you experienced during your stay. I which we could have met and talked before you checked out. I am including my direct number and email please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I would like to talk some more about your experience at the hotel in the hopes that upon your next visit we can meet and exceed your expectations.

Webster, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I was a wonderful experience! The staff is amazing. They are still undergoing some renovations but the ugly duckling did not become a swan overnite. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. It is close to many attractions and within walking distance.... Highly worth the stay!!!!

Room Tip: The higher you can get a room the better for an amazing view of Boston!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common!
I have to agree with you our location is very convenient, but it is our staff that makes the difference and bring the energy and level of service we are constantly striving for.
Thank you for you comments and we look forward to welcome you again.

Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My son and I decided to tag along when my husband when to Boston for a conference. We decided to stay at the Revere instead of the hotel where the conference was held because my son and I would be spending some time at the hotel and he is 9 and wanted to be able to swim. Everyone was incredibly helpful and professional. We felt very well taken care of from the moment we walked through the door. We loved the location, the amenities, and the friendliness of the staff/

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common We are more than happy that our staff made you feel welcome and that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. I am sure that the indoor pool was a release to the cold weather that still hangs around Boston.
We hope to welcome you and your family again on your next visit to Boston.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We decided at the last minute to attend a May 5th 2012 show in Boston (Fela, amazing show) and thought why not stay overnight in town. We found the hotel Revere on the web and everything looked good. For those locals, this is the sight of the old Sack 57 theater. I remember going to the the movies there as a kid. Anyway, on to the hotel We walked in and were immediately taken back by the sleek modern lobby. Check-in was seamless and the offer of a chilled glass of bubbly was quite a surprise. We headed to our room and found a very nice modern room with a chaise lounge, king bed, desk dresser and sleek flat screen tv. The ipod dock was a nice one with remote and excellent sound. The bathroom was fully functional with a selection of bodywash and shampoos. There were robes and slippers in the closet along with umbrella, iron/board, and in room safe. There was an area with a in room coffee maker that worked well. The room had a slider that opened up to a balcony. All in all I would recommend this hotel and stay again. I will say, the place is brand new and word will get out. The rustic kitchen restaurant is next to the lobby and they are still working on (but I was told it will open soon) the new lounge. Anyway, and exciting place to stay in the heart of the city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your first experience at the Revere Hotel Boston Common.
At the Revere Hotel Boston Common we celebrate your arrival that is why we always keep the champagne chill! We are exited with the upcoming opening of the Emerald Lounge, which will be a great addition to our hotel and a new experience for our guests.
We are happy that you found us and we look forward to your next visit, so you can add Emerald Lounge to your experience.

Livingston, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at the Revere for one night while attending a meeting in Boston. From the moment I drove up, I was immediately impressed with the hotel. It is in a great location, and you can easily see that it is a sleek modern hotel. The valet asked my name and he used his earpiece to radio the front desk to let them know I have arrived. I have seen this many times before in 4 and 5 star hotels, and the Revere is billed as a 4 star hotel, but let me share some thoughts. You should know that the hotel used to be a Radisson until two weeks ago.

First, here is a tip that someone else shared on trip advisor that worked for me: If you drive they will valet park your car and charge you $45 for it. However, if you tell them you do not want to valet, it is only $34. They will not share that information with you, so just ask, if you have to valet.

Next, after parking my car and heading into the lobby, I would have expected some sort of greeting by name, since the valet had already radioed ahead of my arrival. That did not happen. I honestly do not care that it did not happen, I just thought it was strange that they went through this act for no apparent reason. They did offer a glass of champagne at check in, which is a nice touch and the front desk people were extremely polite and pleasant to talk to.

Once in my room, it was clear that it was well decorated and very modern. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was a decent size. My balcony looked out onto the city and was very nice. I went up for a swim and to work out. The fitness room was tiny, and the pool was old, however, I believe they are doing a brand new fitness center on the first floor.

When I went back to my room I was locked out, my key would not work. I called down using this house phone by the elevators and they said they would send someone up, but they never came. When I went downstairs in my robe, I had to wait for two people to check in, before they offered me assistance. When I told them my situation, they asked why I just didn't call down?

Back in my room after using the bathroom I realized the toilet did not flush. I am pretty handy so I tried to fix it myself to no avail, so I filled a garbage can with water from the bathtub and flushed by dumping the water into the commode. I know you are probably questioning why I didn't call down, but I didn't want to wait for a maintenance guy at 11pm.

They were very nice and didn't charge me for parking because of my inconvenience with the toilet.

Overall the hotel is nice, but in no way is it 4 star yet, but I am sure if I were to return in a year, it will live up to the 4 star claim.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel.
As you mentioned we are incessantly working to improve and develop our staff and our services to ensure that all our guests enjoy a 4 stars / 4 diamonds experience.
We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel, in the hopes that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Nelson L. Pratts | Guest Experience Manager

Been to Revere Hotel Boston Common? Share your experiences!