“Old School X ten” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Nassau County, NY
“Old School X ten”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is the uber hotel of old world charm: wood paneling, grand lobby, gilt every where... it definitely plays to a certain taste. Rooms are small but very well decorated, clean and provides all the staples needed and necessary. Thick walls allows for lack of hallway, or room-to-room noise.
The hotel itself is ideally located in the heard of the financial district.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Carson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this beautiful hotel while celebrating his birthday. Staying here was one of the best decisions we made for this trip. It has so much history so it made us feel that we were part of that history. It is also very convenient being close to the subway and places of interest. I highly recommend staying here and it is a must to dine in their restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Thank you trip advisor for this recommendation. My husband and I stayed here on our recent anniversary trip to Boston and it was well worth it. We signed up for the free Omni rewards as mentioned by a previous tripadvisor happy customer, and are glad we did. We were placed on the 10th floor in the corner. The noise was very minimal from the street, and our room was not as small as we expected from other reviews. I had mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary and they brought up champagne and strawberries our first night there. The staff from concierge, bell hop to room service were all exceptional nice. We took one of the freedom trail tours and our guide stopped outside our hotel and mentioned what a historic hotel it was. Ex-presidents have stayed here, and it's the oldest continually operating hotel in the country. The price is great too with other hotels in the area over double the price of the Omni. Great location to see sights and hop on the subway.

• Stayed June 2014
New Hudson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Excellent staff as always with Omni Hotels. Room a little tight but that seems the norm in downtown Boston. I would not recommend pre-made things in buffet breakfast like pancakes and bacon. They were cold. Did not realize when making reservation was the oldest hotel in Boston and has all the grandeur of it's era. Our tub needed to be re-glazed but not a big deal to us. Windows not sound proof. Could hear street noise but outside was quiet most of the night. Never heard anything from surrounding quest rooms. Great location for everything! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Many thanks for your review and we appreciate your business!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On my first day in Boston, I worked from 5 AM to 10 PM. By 10:30 PM I was exhausted. I fell asleep around 11 PM and was woken up around 2:30 by a Fire Alarm. Got back to bed around 4ish and was up again for work at 5 AM. The second day in Boston, I arrived back at the hotel around 1 PM where I continued to do work in my room. I was again interupted by another Fire Alarm! The outside noise was loud, and the constant knocking by the housekeeping team was unreasonable. I had to call the front desk to have the housekeeping staff stop knocking at my door, because they thought I ordered a mini-fridge. On Thursday they did the same thing, this time for a room fan. I don't speak Spanish so I know that was an issue communicating with the Housekeeping staff, but seriously... Beautiful lobby but not much else....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Stamford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

There is a classic feel to this hotel that is not found in many hotels. The Omni Parker House is the oldest hotel in Boston. The rooms are a bit dated and bathrooms small but that goes with the territory. I really like the lounge to have a drink at night, and the lobby has it's own history. A great Boston experience!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in Boston. It's a really good base to see the sights. The hotel amenities are good, but our room was incredibly small, room 224, and the bed was tiny for a double. The room and hotel were very clean. Wifi in the lobby worked, but the area feels very dark. Porters very attentive. Didn't use the restaurant or the bar. Had a really 'nice' few days.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Parker House? Share your experiences!