“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Parker House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 School Street, Boston, MA 02108 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Spent 4 nights at Omni Parker House hotel, corner room on 9th floor. Beautifully comfortable bed, room smaller than usual in the States but did not feel cramped at all. Queen size bed, desk, armchair and still room to move around. Small bathroom but then again, how much time do you want to spend there? Some road noise but it is expected from a downtown location. You can request eye mask and ear plugs to make your stay more comfortable. Staff very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Very nice hotel. Pleasant stay. Nice quiet atmosphere. Luxurious, old school feel. Great location to my office in financial district and central to the T at Park Street (Boston Commons) or Downtown Crossing. Morning beverage service is a nice perk!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We go often to Boston and so far the Omni Parker House is the best hotel that we have stayed. It is elegant and conveniently located near good restaurants,interesting places to visit, good shopping and public transportation. It is the kind of great hotel made excellent by its staff. We have to mention Jeffrey Collura who took such good care of us and helped us in making possible a special occassion we wanted to celebrate. He introduced us to Brian Chiappa, who took care of our plans in the restaurant.We won't forget their thoughfulness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
You are kind to acknowledge the efforts of our staff and we're pleased that your special occasion was a success!
Methuen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Omni has made sure the Parker House doesn't lose touch with it's roots while making sure your stay is top notch. The services and staff are excellent. Rooms may be smaller than the newer properties in Boston, but the experience and location are one of the best.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was our second stay at the Omni and it was awesome! Everyone is so nice and friendly. Rooms were very clean. It was my birthday and they treated me like a queen. Love the Boston Creme pie!! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Wonderful service and very comfortable, quiet room in great location downtown close to business centers restaurants, historic places of interest. The rooms are unique and homey - you feel like you're staying at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My travel was part business/part leisure. I usually don't stay in chain hotels but since my mother-in-law and her friend was accompanying my partner and I, we selected this hotel because of it's history, charm and location.

LOCATION - This is a perfect location for access to all the tourist attractions and subway lines. Everything is within walking distance or by short cab ride. Very safe area.

CHECK-IN - When arriving, all the employees were attentive and had our bags on carts as we stepped out of the vehicle. As I checked in, I asked if we can upgrade our rooms and she said one of the rooms already had a great view. I asked if there were any other upgrades available and they mentioned not a single room was available. I was told there was a very large dental convention and the hotel was at capacity. I asked if there was anything available the next day and was told nothing was available at that time either. I was understanding and made sure my mother-in-law and her friend received the room with a view.

ROOMS - The rooms are tiny but had a lot of charm and character. I knew this was the oldest running hotel so I knew not to expect large rooms. When my partner and I entered our room, we were greeted with a brick wall as our view. Surprisingly, all the rooms felt old but in a good way. They seemed to have kept up the maintenance on the rooms and none of the wallpaper was peeling off. They had very convenient outlets on the side of the nightstands. Since the age of the building, the water pressure is very low but wasn’t really an inconvenience. There was a tray of food and drinks for purchase and had a small writing desk. The 3mb wifi is free if you are part of their Select Guest loyalty program. I wish all hotel chains implemented something similar to this where guests with elite status has access to faster wifi speeds.

SERVICE - The service has been flawless from the managers, room service to housekeeping. Again, if you sign up for their loyalty program, even the base Gold Level, which requires 0–9 stays, you receive free wifi, complimentary morning beverage, pressings, and shoe shine. You even get a bottle waters your first night of arrival.

SMALL ISSUE - When I was told there was no upgrade available, I called their main reservations and the representative verified there were larger rooms available the remainder of my stay. I called and spoke to the same person who checked us in and I told her that we would pay to upgrade to the available room. She again said there were no rooms available. I was VERY UNHAPPY to hear that. I went downstairs to find a manager. I want to say thank you to Julie, the Director of R.M. for taking care of us. Not only did she apologize, she bought us a drink while she investigated. She not only took care of the situation, she got us a 1 bedroom suite with a much better view! The next day, the front office manager handed us his card and apologized again for the situation. I always say, I don’t care about mistakes (in this case, laziness of the front office person), it is how mistakes are handled and Julie and her team handled it with grace and professionalism.

Room Tip: Rooms facing School Street have good views.