“So posh” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Boston
gualeguay
“So posh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

As soon as you enter the hotel you will find yourself in a luxurious lobby. The hotel itself has an old and classic style. The rooms are spacious with big beds and very comfortable. As I always travel with my family, it is a drawback not having the breakfast included, but it is still worth it. The location is excellent, the Boston Common is one block away from the hotel. I would totally recommend it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for recommending our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in March for our honeymoon and to attend PAX East. We had a great time. The only problem was during check in but that wasn't really the fault of the hotel. The credit card used to pay belonged to a family member and I didn't think to bring it with me for the hotel to swipe. After a phone call and a conformation email the situation was taken care of. We waited no longer that 15 minutes and the staff was so helpful.
After settling in there was a knock at the door and we were presented with complimentary champagne and boston cream pie because it was our honeymoon. It was delicious!
The room was decent sized and very clean, there was more than enough room for my husband and I to move around an unpack. The bed was so comfortable and very large and the pillows were fluffy and soft. At first I was worried because the only outlet I could find was under the desk and already had things plugged into it. I later found two more outlets, one built into the side of the desk and one behind the chair. The bathroom was a little small but it wasn't a problem at all. The water pressure was great and there was plenty of hot water. The heater in the room makes a little bit of noise but it's not enough to be a problem or effect your sleeping unless you are a really light sleeper. We stayed Thursday to Tuesday and we slept great every night.
The walls are a little thin but this is a historic hotel and walls were thinner back then. At one point I could hear a conversation going on in the room next to me so I turned on the tv. No big deal really. The only real problem was on Monday morning a family down the hall had a ten year old boy who was standing outside his room pitching a fit about something and he wouldn't stop yelling for a good ten minutes. That wasn't the hotel's fault.
We didn't like the idea of someone being in our room when we weren't there so we kept the privacy sign on the door. Due to our own neglect we ran out of towels but that was remedied when I heard the maid down the hall. I went out and asked her for towels and she gladly gave them to us. She also emptied the trash cans and kept asking if we needed anything else. She was very nice.
The mini bar is on the expensive side and so is the room service but that's usually the case in most hotels. There is a 7-11, a CVS, and a few other convenience stores just five minutes down the street from the hotel so obtaining bottles of water isn't an issue. There are lots of really nice restaurants within walking distance as well. I suggest the Bean Town pub, just a few buildings down the street. They have great food at a good price. There are also many pizza places, a Subway and a Burger King within walking distance if you want to pick something up and bring it back to your room. There are lots of places to shop and plenty of places to hang out as well.
Over all, it was a great honeymoon and hopefully we can go back for our first anniversary.

Room Tip: Make sure you read the room description and size. We didn't have a problem but many others do be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We're very pleased that your honeymoon was a great experience for you and happy that we may have contributed to it in some way. Thanks for your review and we do hope to see you back for your first anniversary!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I ran the 2013 Boston marathon and stayed 5 days at this hotel.

Thankfully I finished an hour before the bombings and my wife was at the finish but left before the explosions. The hotel was a mile away so conveniently located in the central city. The hotel provided free refreshments and food for runners returning and this was before the news of the bombings hit. The increased security post the marathon was most welcomed. Very professional and calm but at the same time caring.

On arrival (before the marathon) we got a room which was not to our liking and we asked for a change. No questions asked they changed our room and we were extremely happy with the replacement. They were always courtesy and polite through out our stay. The accommodation and service was first class. The hotel has nice history including JFK proposed to Jackie, and Charles Dickens gave his first reading of "A Christmas Carol."

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good job finishing the run under the circumstances and we hope to have you back next year! Many thanks for your kind remarks about our staff's service during your stay.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Boy, the room was small. Older property showing its age. The shower did not work. Parking was expensive but no surprise in a downtown area of a large city. On the plus side, the staff I encountered were very nice and helpful. The front desk steered me to a pub down the street where I could drink a Samuel Adams while looking at the gravesite of Samuel Adams. And the guy who took my irritated call about the non-functioning shower quickly sent up a key to a room across the hall where the shower worked. Bed was comfortable but small (nothing bigger than a double would fit in these rooms).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Yes, many of our rooms are smaller compared to more modern hotels so it's wise to contact us before arrival to request larger accommodations. We apologize for the problem with the shower and thank you for providing the positive feedback about our staff.
Opelousas, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and can't think of anyplace else I would rather stay in Boston. The location is excellent, the rooms comfortable, and the staff is wonderful. Of course, the Boston Cream Pie was fabulous!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks and we hope to host you again very soon!
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was a beautiful and full of character. The lobby was large and beautiful. The rooms feel a bit small however we really didn't spend a lot of time in them. My son was thrilled with his Boston Cream Pie. The hotel is centrally located and walking distance to most places.

What impressed us the most about the hotel was their level of care. Monday was a tragic day in Boston and additional staff was brought in to assist runners and non-runners to ensure that we (the patrons) were looked after. The Last Hurrah was opened earlier to accommodate those of us that didn't want to go back to our rooms but rather stay in the company of others. There was staff at the entrances (with one entrance closed off in the evening). Our deep appreciation for their help and calmness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very muc for your kind comments and we're pleased that we were able to make our guests as comfortable as possible on an otherwise difficult day here in Boston.
Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed here several times on business trips, it is a standard hotel for me. Position is great and right in the center, close to the park

Rooms are a little aged and heating is all or nothing and a bit loud. So on this trip I had to turn it off but then was cold at night. I do not get cold easily but with a corner room, the temperature without heating was below zero and covers not able to cope with it. This was extreme weather and normally I am very happy with an unheated room at night.

Restaurants and bar are OK but can be very busy. Best bit was the little shop downstairs. i went in their with flu, the staff were very very friendly happy people. Sold me drugs [legal ones] but also got me to buy Hot Chocolate and the waist killing Boston Cheesecake. Did definitely cheer me up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We apologize for the issues with the heat in your room and will follow up to make repairs as needed. Apart from that, thank you for acknowledging the staff of the gift shop who helped to make your stay more comfortable.

Been to Omni Parker House? Share your experiences!