“Second stay; as great as before” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Second stay; as great as before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

People tell me this hotel is dated. I didn't notice it.

It is true that the exterior of the hotel is unexciting but the exterior is of interest only to passers-by. As a guest, you are only concerned with the interior. The property is maintained to the highest Four Seasons standards and is very well appointed.

Also, the views of Boston Common are beautiful if you're fortunate to get a room with that view.

For my second stay in 6 months, the experience was no different. At every level, this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and Four Seasons does not get better than this anywhere.

Large luxurious rooms, lavish bathrooms with L'Occitane toiletries, wonderful service from all departments.

The Sunday Brunch at the Bristol Room was excellent.

Keep it up!

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the Boston Common Gardens
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your review. We’re flattered that you’ve chosen Four Season Boston for two stays in the recent months – it’s the biggest compliment we could receive! We take tremendous pride in our guest offerings and even more pride in our wonderful staff, whom we hope will always deliver that wonderful service that our guests have come to know and love. We’re delighted you took advantage of the yummy Sunday Brunch at The Bristol Lounge; we hope you were able to dig into all the many treats it includes (not to mention the Sunday Sips cocktails). We hope you’ll choose Four Seasons Boston once again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Asuncion, Paraguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Although I only stayed overnight at the hotel I was impressed. The bed was really comfortable, bathroom facilities great, room nice and spacious. Staff were really friendly and they had coffee and muffins at the reception for those who didn't have time for breakfast before checking out. Nice touch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re so pleased that you chose Four Season Boston for your one night in the city – and also happy that you noticed all the little touches that we hope make our guests’ stays nothing short of exceptional. On behalf of our entire staff, we hope to welcome you back to Boston – and to the Four Seasons – again in the future... and hopefully with the chance to stay a bit longer here with us!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Not only have I been lucky enough to stay at this property many times, but I've also hosted and attended many events here. The main difference between this hotel and any other hotels in Boston comes down to one thing: Service. From working with the fabulous sales team, the conference service managers, catering, banquet staff - it is absolute perfection. I know that the minute I walk into 200 Boylston Street, I will be taken care of.

The Four Seasons, Boston is luxury at its finest. I am so grateful we have such a wonderful property in Boston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We’re honored that you choose Four Seasons Boston for your events and elated that you enjoy our service. We take great pride in our staff and look forward to your return again soon.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My son, his fiancee, and I shared adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor. The rooms were spotless, elegant, aesthetically pleasing in the well-formulated gestalt of most 4 Seasons I have enjoyed: Toronto, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, among others. Mr. Sharpe (the Toronto creater)has offered visitors a refined, simple pleasingly European ambiance, and with the genial, courtly, enthusiasm of a staff well-trained and thoroughly intuitive re the demands of even the most difficult of guests.

We enjoyed robust breakfasts,off the menu, VERY reasonable and beautifully presented. Our Thanksgiving meal was exceptional, and the chef came promptly to our table to take an explanatory tour of what my 44 year old "allergic-to shellfish"son could safely devour. He even indicated sauces or reductions which had shellfish in their preparation. He had an array of exquisite choices and the 4 Seasons had no unnecessary excitement as a result!

The concierge was enlightening,efficient(highly) obtaining much sought after reservations at Tuscano for three at virtually the last minute. The capable Walter also obtained our return tickets to Portland on the Downeaster. The dining staff was genial,professional, and maintained their collective dignity and efficiency throughout a frenetic holiday. I plan on going to the 4 Seasons every 6 weeks for a cultural respite, a refined repast, and the fabulous access to museums and shopping.

Room Tip: My son and I booked our stay directly with reservations and received an excellent response, exceptio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We’re absolutely thrilled that you, your son and his fiancé had such a wonderful time here at Four Seasons Boston. We’re honored too that you chose The Bristol Lounge for your Thanksgiving celebration. Food allergies are so common nowadays that our Chefs have become experts at ensuring that guests’ meals are not just safe to eat but also delicious – we hope your son’s dinner was just that. We appreciate you spotlighting Andreza, our restaurant manager as well as our Walter from our Concierge team; we’re so proud of our staff, and together we strive each day to create incredible experiences for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon; we’re honored that you’re already planning your return!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've been to the Boston Four Seasons many times and have been typically delighted with the experience. But sometimes even high expectations can be exceeded.

Such was my recent visit when my son and I stayed at the hotel in celebration of his 13th Birthday.I booked the reservation under the hotel's Kid-Kation package. From the moment we arrived my boy was made to feel special. Upon check-in, the front desk person came from behind the counter, shook my son's hand and wished him a happy birthday. My son beamed a great big smile as he was handed a package of welcome gifts. The fun was just beginning.

When we were shown into our 6th floor room- which was lovely- my son began to explore. In the bathroom he was delighted to find a Happy Birthday wish with his name written on the bathtub.

That evening we shared dinner in the Bristol Lounge. Everything about our dining experience was first class, The room itself is elegant without being pretentious, the staff unfailingly polite and accommodating. We were visited by Andreza, the restaurant manager, whose gracious manner and attention to detail are unparalleled in my experience.

Later that evening my son and I were in our room watching TV when a knock on the door revealed a visit by the "Ice Cream Man." As we opened the door we saw that he was tending what appeared to be an elaborate ice cream bar on wheels, one with a large selection of ice cream flavors. And "all the fixins." .The Ice Cream Man crafted a couple of too- decadent sundaes, mine featuring the most delicious chocolate sauce.I've ever tasted. Wow! I won't soon forget the delight in my son's eyes as he deliberated over his sundae-design decisions. After saying goodbye to the Ice Cream Man we sat in the room and talked as we enjoyed our sundaes.

I'm happy that I was able to arrange for such an enjoyable birthday celebration for my son. I'm grateful to the staff of the Boston Four Seasons for making his 13th birthday celebration simply unforgettable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about our Kid-Kation package. We love each aspect of the package and couldn’t be more thrilled that you and your son agree! We can’t think of a better way to celebrate 13 and are so proud that our staff was able to make his birthday that much more special – which is just as it should be. We hope your son had a chance to enjoy the 8th floor swimming pool as well, which is always a hit with children and teens. Thank you once again for taking the time to pen such a thoughtful review; we’ve shared it with our entire staff and just hope we’ll have the chance to help you and your son celebrate yet another happy birthday celebration in the future.
Centerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been to the Four Seasons for several years now without and without children. The service is always unparalleled whether you are with or without children. It is in a perfect location. We had never eaten there but went to the brunch in the Bristol room for the first timer his past trip and it was fantastic. The service in the restaurant was as good as the service throughout the hotel. It is pricey but worth it. We have been to several other hotels in Boston but this is the one at the top of our list.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this delightful feedback. It’s wonderful to know you took advantage of our central location and also of The Bristol Lounge, which is our favorite spot morning, noon and night. We hope you had the chance to sip one of our signature martinis or better yet, to enjoy our nightly events such as Burgers & Burgundy Wednesdays, Fizzy Fridays and Sundaes on Saturdays; if not, that’s the best reason yet to return for a weekend getaway again soon. We all thank you for choosing Four Seasons Boston – and for relaying the details of your stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We recently stayed at the Four Seasons in Boston. It was a phenomenal experience. The hotel, staff, and location are unparalelled. The staff's wholehearted attention to any and all of our needs was truly appreciated and most enjoyable. The highlight was "Sundaes on Saturday" , an array of ice cream, toppings and desserts that would put a smile on anyone. I am looking forward you our next visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. It’s a joy to know that you had a phenomenal stay, start to finish. Most of all, we’re elated that the staff and service were exceptional, as we hope they always are. Delighted you had a chance to indulge in Sundaes on Saturdays – it’s pure fun and decadence and undoubtedly our favorite night of the week! Looking forward to having you here once again very soon.

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!