“Awesome hotel, cafe warning, great stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Skate Away to Romance
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Boston
“Awesome hotel, cafe warning, great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

Top hotel, spa, service, view and location. I'm a life-long resident of Boston & suburbs. Be careful at the restaurant/cafe, they served me a flat espresso (no crema) then miraculously took it back (after seeing my look of disgust) and gave me the good stuff , leaving me wondering why do they have low end/high end stuff in a 5 star hotel. Being a gentleman from Boston, I realize many tourist might pass through the outdoor cafe, but fast service doesn't need to mean fast food.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

I did not stay, but did get my parents a stay here and wanted to say how amazingly helpful the staff were here!

The staff were also ridiculously nice and helpful during mt parents stay.. according to my dad!

Seriously though, I spoke to them, mentioned it was a birthday weekend and they took my lead! Firstly The room was amazing, the view was stunningly breathtaking ....the harbor from Charlestown to Dorchester I think, maybe further! They also had wine and cheese in room for after dinner!

Also, on the night they arrived, I took them to dinner at The Sea Grill, a restaurant located within The Boston harbor Hotel. The food was phenomenal and so was the view. we ate outside on the harbor.

They loved it and said they would definitely be back for a longer stay!

yendesk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We had a short weekend trip to Boston from the UK, and chose the Boston Harbor Hotel based on recommendations from colleagues.
We were driving in Massachusetts so had hired a car, so we took a deal which gave us valet parking and breakfast for $345 for one night including tax.
The hotel is conveniently placed for the sights of Boston and also for the airport (having said that, Boston is so small that this is true of many of the hotels).
The valet parking staff were efficient and courteous, as were the front desk, and we were delighted to receive an upgrade to a junior suite.
The room was spotlessly clean (just like the rest of the hotel), with an extremely comfortable bed.
It was well worth paying the extra for the breakfast, as this was delicious, and ordered off menu rather than a buffet.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel highly for anyone staying in Boston on business or for a weekend break . I really wish we could have stayed longer to make more of the hotel......and when I come away from a hotel stay thinking that, I know they've done things right.

East Coaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I booked here after leaving a mediocre hotel in Boston. Thanks to American Express, the staff upgraded me to a harbor view room. Elegant, comfortable and quiet. I wanted to stay a few more days. We ate at their main restaurant, which is exceptionally good but quite expensive. I will now always go back to this hotel, rather than be disappointed by others I try.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We had a few glitches to overcome - so I have mixed emotions on our stay - but I think overall - we were pleased and would return.

When we pulled up to the hotel - the porter/bellman were great and super efficient and helpful. The check in was also very well done and pleasant. We were excited as we were taken up to our room and that was when the first glitch occured. When we went into our room - there was a cheese tray and some wine with a card addressed to another GUEST!! That, of course, made us think we were in the wrong room - it was a bit disturbing and kinda took the air out of us. The bellman called down to see if there had been a mix up and they assured us that room service had simply made a mistake. We went on from there - but still a bit concerned that we were in the wrong room. Later that evening after returning from a wonderful dinner at Lucca and a stop by Modern Pastry - we planned on putting the tiramasu in the fridge and it was broken. But it was 11:15 at night and we didn't want the hassle of calling maintenance as we were ready to relax. So, the tiramasu remained un-refrigerated but it was cool enough that it didn't get ruined - gladly!!

Thought it odd that they didn't have a mini bar and no hairdryer in the bathroom. Really odd for a hotel of this caliber.

I did use the fitness center and pool and that was a delight! Almost made up for the glitches we had experience.

All the personnel we came into contact with were extremely helpful and pleasant.

When we went to checkout the next morning - they had trouble finding our car - in fact brought the wrong one to start with - another glitch - and then we had to wait while they frantically tried to find the car. The porter ran and got us two waters for the road - a nice touch to make up for our wait!

The hotel is beautiful and well appointed and the facilties were good - we'd probably give it another chance on our next trip to Boston - although the Four Seasons or Lennox looked nice as well.

MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at the BHH a week ago with gf and everything was amazing, top to bottom from in-room dining to the hotel bar and bell man. We tried out the new Sea Grille restaurant for dinner and sat at the bar. Awesome food and perfect service. The mood here is much cooler than the old Intrigue and menu was awesome - all seafood. The tuna crudo melts in your mouth as did the halibut. Also great drink on menu - pineapple and lime infused vodka - best on rocks. Lighting and music was also better than it was in Intrigue. Overall, excellent experience and service!! would definitely go back. and they said the summer series bands on the water/patio starts soon so definitely plan be back to check that out! Also would like to try out meritage next time we stay...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Our family trip to Boston was made even more special due, in large part, to our wonderful experience at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Perfectly, geographically situated and a friendly, attentive staff.
Highly recommend a stay of any lenght here.

Edward PenDyke and Family

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Boston Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!