“Great location, and hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Skate Away to Romance
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Renton WA
“Great location, and hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pricey, but worth it for the location, service and friendliness of the staff. We stayed in a city view room and although we were given a room right next to the elevator, the room was very quiet. It was great coming "home" at the end of the day to the doors being opened for us by the doorman. When the cab driver dropped us off for the first night from the airport he said it was a great hotel we are staying at. All the good reviews I read before going there were accurate. Would definitely stay there again when visiting Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
To hear that you felt like the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf was your home-away-from-home makes us very happy. Our staff strives to provide each and every one of our guests with a memorable stay and it seems we succeeded with yours. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future and we sincerely appreciate your kind review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was my first stay at the BHH. I picked this hotel based on good reviews, and looking on the map it seemed to be perfectly located even though I was attending a congress at the Boston Conference Center (a 20-minute walk). Following suggestions from other reviewers, I took the Rowes Wharf water taxi from Logan airport to the hotel. That couldn’t work better; I hopped on bus #66 and phoned to make a reservation, so when I arrived at the water transportation dock the water taxi was already waiting for me and for $10 provided a pleasant ride across the harbor straight to the BHH. The check-in was quick and courteous. My Harbor View King room was everything I asked for; a nice corner room away from elevators, with a great view of the harbor on one side and city on the other. It had a separate work area with a desk. The desk had built in power outlets and all the stationary and materials/info that one needs. There was also a safe in the room, large enough to fit a laptop. I loved the nightly turn down service, and on the first night they also left in my room a fruit plate and bottled water. It would be nice if on the remaining nights they left at least a pillow treat. Anyway it was great walking into a room that was refreshed, with classical music playing on the Bose radio. The bed was very comfortable, the AC worked fine, the windows were large and soundproof. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was great – good shower head, nice water pressure, curved shower curtain rod providing extra space, very nice. Also, great bath robe and slippers. The hotel has an excellent business center. The elevators worked great, I never had to wait, and the concierge/bellman staff was excellent.

I also liked the location of this hotel. It is very close (5 minute walk) to subway, tourist buses, the aquarium, the waterfront areas and cruise ships, and Columbus park. It is also a walking distance to the North End area with many good restaurants. At the hotel I ate only at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille and I don’t recommend this place; the ambient is OK but food and service were not good. It made more sense to try some of the real restaurants in the neighborhood. Davide and Bricco had good food. Bricco has a nice wood-burning oven and they bake bread in their own bakery just behind the restaurant. Mike’s Pastry shop has amazing cannoli.

There were some problems. The drain in the sink and particularly the bathtub was clogged so in the shower you find yourself very quickly standing in a pond of water. I called the housekeeping about the bathtub drain and they fixed the problem quickly and efficiently. While the windows were soundproof, the walls were not, and I could hear TV from the neighboring room, but luckily that was only on the first night, they didn’t stay up too late and the remaining days/nights I didn’t hear any noise. Hotel security was very prominent in the lobby and near elevators, nothing wrong with that except those guys looked nasty; I guess they are not supposed to be friendly but at least they could smile or nod when encountering the guests of the hotel. One morning I found a note slipped under the door, informing the guests that hotel started cleaning the exterior of the windows and advising the guests to keep their window curtains closed during that week. I found this very inappropriate considering that I paid extra for a nice view. I contacted the front desk; they apologized for the inconvenience but said how they “can’t plan” for this type of a maintenance. I think that they have a serious problem if they can’t plan, and if window curtains need to be drawn close for a week then during that time the hotel should not charge extra for a better view which their guests won’t be able to enjoy.

Overall I had a good stay at the BHH and will come back. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review about your experience at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. We are thrilled that the water taxi added such value to your stay and your accommodations provided you with the comfort needed during your visit. We do apologize for the inconvenience of having to close your curtains during the window washing process, but our guest’s privacy was foremost in our minds at that time. Your recommendation is sincerely appreciated and we look forward to greeting you again in the future.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked the Boston Harbor Hotel after reviewing a number of hotels on Trip Advisor. The outstanding traveler reviews did not mislead. We were driving from Toronto with our toddler daughter and were running ahead of schedule. I called the hotel en route and asked if we could extend our reservation by a day, arriving later that evening. This was no problem...I was also assured that the crib I had requested would be ready in the room. We were superbly impressed with our City View King room. Beautiful furnishings, mellow lighting, two televisions, big comfortable bed.

We needed a spot to keep a supply of "kid-food." I asked about storing things in the mini-bar, but was told this was not possible, instead I was offered a small fridge for the room for the duration of our stay. The twice daily housekeeping was a delight. It was so nice to return to our room at the end of a day of sightseeing to find fresh flowers, the curtains drawn, bottled water, ice bucket filled, classical music on the radio, and a bed ready to climb into. My daughter (who just turned two) kept remarking on the men who opened the doors for her (entering the hotel). The concierge was helpful in recommending child-friendly (yet, adult acceptable!) restaurants in walking distance to the hotel.

I'm very particular about NOISE in hotels. We had no problem during our stay. We rarely heard other guests, and heard no noise from outside. The windows are incredibly soundproof.

We were worried that the BHH would be a bit out of the way of the sights. As it turned out, it was a perfect location. We often popped back to the hotel mid-day for a nap. It was a short walk to the aquarium, and directly adjacent to some cool kid-friendly features within the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway (we listened to jazz on the grass, and played in the fountain down the street). My daughter made a point of saying good morning and good night to the boats that docked behind the hotel.This is a suitable hotel to stay at if you have well-behaved, quiet children. Splurge and stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hearing that the services our doormen provided fully impressed your charming two-year-old daughter has definitely made us smile! We strive to create the most positive experience for all our guests and our littlest visitors hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you for entrusting the care of your family to the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. Our convenient location makes it easy for our guests to take advantage of a plethora of attractions in Boston and we are very happy to read that your family created some wonderful memories in our city. Please come and stay with us again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back. Thank you for your lovely review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've stayed in the Boston Harbor Hotel twice now. Both times I was impressed by the gracious setting, the warm and accommodating staff, and the convenient downtown setting.

The first time I stayed there was a few years ago, before the Big Dig was finished. At the time, the hotel felt cut off from the rest of the city but now instead of crossing under a freeway, you simply cross the street to be in the heart of Boston's awesome downtown core.

I don't like high end hotels and restaurants when they have high end attitude. But the staff at the Boston Harbor Hotel treat you like a family member they're excited to see. They're great right down to the details--on a hot day, as we left the hotel, the doormen gave us complimentary bottles of water which went down perfectly.

The workout room is sensational. With free coffee, freshly squeezed OJ, and fresh fruit, it *almost* made up for the fact that in-room coffee is a prohibitive $20/pot. (No in-room coffee makers.)

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are gorgeous but I'd opt for saving money because the city view rooms are grea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We love hearing from our returns guests and we thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. The staff at our hotel strives to provide the most caring and attentive service possible and we are happy that you acknowledged their efforts in your review. We look forward to welcoming you as a guest again very soon and thank you for your gracious review.
Dudley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Why look for any other hotel when this is the best. Top of the line staff, from the valet, Front Desk, Concierge, Bellman, Hotel maids, Restaurant waiters and waitresses, I hope I didn't miss anyone, they were all great. They are truly there to please you and take all your cares away. The in room amenities are wonderful and well thought about, but the fragrance is a little manly, mild but a little lemon scented, maybe they will get some soft mild fragrance for women too. Another well known Hotel in NY had L'Occitane shower cream/lotion that could be for both male/female.The candy in the hallway to the Green Apples at the elevator are great. The rooms are very comfortable and don't miss getting a room with a harbor view. That is the most breathtaking view. Pack your bag and book a room with a harbor view.

Room Tip: Harborview Adjoining rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We will be sure to mention your comments to our entire staff in order to ensure they know how much their attentive service fully impressed you during your stay. The views from our Haborview rooms are absolutely breathtaking and we are thrilled that you had a chance to relax and enjoy them. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another exceptional stay very soon and we thank you for your kind review of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I will admit. I have never stayed in a 5 star hotel before. I usually stay in 3 1/2 to 4 star properties so I was REALLY looking forward to this 5 star experience. The location was Fantastic!! We had a city view on a high floor in a Junior Suite and it was beautiful. Bathrooms were well appointed, clean and modern. Loved the sitting area for doing my hair. Ate at the restaurant one evening and the food was great. Despite all of this, I felt no difference this and a 4 star hotel in a city. The price per room is generally higher in a 5 star but I guess I didn't "get it". I likely won't pay the price difference for he extra star upgrade in the future because I didn't see the huge difference. I pay for the room not the lobby amenities and though I want to see beauty when I enter, I am not concentrating on this area in my hotel choices. It was perfect for location and a wonderful stay, but I wouldn't pay for a 5 star again. Too bad. I was expecting something wow and got really good instead.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post these thoughtful observations about your stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. It is critical for us to receive this kind of feedback from our guests, as it allows us to continually evaluate our service and make improvements when needed. Perhaps, during a future stay, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a luxurious massage at The Spa at Rowes Wharf or a rejuvenating workout in our state-of-the-art Fitness Center. It was our pleasure to welcome you as a guest and we hope to greet you again in the future.
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

“Always my first choice stay in the area, this hotel is a Boston landmark and for two years was my Boston-based home every month I’d come for work from London (with my last company). You enter through the iconic archway and domed rotunda to the pretty water views throughout, and really ‘feel’ this part of the city, which is minutes from the financial district. The staff and service are among the best I’ve ever experienced in a city hotel, and the guestrooms are very comfortable and spacious. The restaurants on site are delicious, as is the room service, which is delivered with care and precision. Highly suggest visiting during a special occasion (and telling them in advance) – management really knows how to make your visit all the more delightful!”

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to read that you consider the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf your Boston home while in the area. As you know, we strive to maintain the highest level of service, hospitality and comfort for our guests and we thank you for sharing your appreciation of that. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in Boston.

Been to Boston Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!