“great neighborhood bistro” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Yard Bistro

Navy Yard Bistro
1 First Ave, Boston, MA 02129 (Charlestown)
(617) 242-0036
Neighborhood: Charlestown
Boston, Massachusetts
“great neighborhood bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

this very popular restaurant offers a great spot for visitors or neighbors to congregate and experience the best food in Charlestown at reasonable prices. During the summer, we take advantage of outdoor dining.

Visited October 2013

Oakham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good, friendly service. We ate there two nights on the trot as it was worth the repeat visit. Cannot book unless a group of six or more so you may have to wait for a table as it is not an enormous restaurant. Part of its charm

Visited October 2013
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Nice restaurant near the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My daughter lives in Charlestown and when my wife and I visit we often have dinner at the Bistro. The food is very good and the wine list is excellent. The service has always been exceptional. The location is great and allows for a nice after dinner walk along Boston Harbor.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Recently had dinner at the Navy Yard Bistro with a group of 8, and we all had a great time. We were seated in a smaller room, which they had set up for 2 large groups. It had a bit of a bar feel with the big screen TV on the wall, but we didn't mind. And the separate room worked out well, as we got a bit loud as the evening went on. Appetizers were good, including chicken tacos, tuna, and beet salads. I was most impressed with my entree, the pork porterhouse, and wished that I was hungrier so that I could have eaten everything on the plate. Dessert was fine, although the bread pudding was a little too "bready". Service was solid - attentive without feeling rushed. Bordering on 5 stars with a little dessert improvement and a full bar. Selections were almost exclusively beer and wine, with a few mixed drink options. I'd return and would recommend, especially if you're in the Charlestown neighborhood.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Townsend, Massachusetts
“Great dinner except for dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had the salmon and it was spectacular. The flavor was outstanding. It couldn't have been better. The service was excellent. I love the butter. However, the chocolate lava cake was a real disappointment.

Visited September 2013