“Great bakery open 24/7!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bova's Bakery

Bova's Bakery
134 Salem St, Boston, MA 02113-1749 (North End)
617-523-5601
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 2,818 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: North End
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great bakery open 24/7!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This has to be one of my favorite spots in the North End if you're in the mood for good food and pastries. Being a nightowl, this place is perfect for me to drop by at 3 in the morning to grab some snacks. I am a huge fan of their cakes and the fresh lobster tails. Although some of the other places in the area have the "name", this is the one I prefer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Off the beaten path and worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

First let me just say I will typically not walk in a restaurant without having viewed it on some sort of ratings app. Bova's was an exception. We were on our way to the Old North Church and just happened to pop in this little bakery on a whim. My first reaction was that this bakery looked like every other Italian bakery with a ton of options of pastries, cookies, canolis, etc and the quality was OK. We started filling up a bag with sweets that looked somewhat promising until we asked the lady working what her favorite was. She recommended the Florentines, which looked like no more than peanut brittle. She then gave us some to try - and I really believe at that moment I doubted everything philosophical about my life. These mock "brittle" pieces were some of the most delicious delicate toffy-like chocolatey sweets I've ever had. We ended up getting around 10, and our little bag full of goodies only ended up being $7.50, not including all the free stuff she handed out! And the other sweets did not disappoint - including the pistachio cookies and macaroons. Overall one of the most unexpected surprises I've had in a long time and I'm still drooling over those Florentines. Can't wait to go back! PS- skip the lines at Mike's or Modern, so overrated!

Stafford, Virginia
“Great bakery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We loved Bova's so much we went twice during our trip! If you're in the area, definitely try it out.

Newport News, VA
“LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went to Bova's 2 out of the 3 nights we were in Boston. It is open 24 hours! Since it is a block off Hanover Street, it doesn't get the crazy lines that Mike's and Modern get and it is just as good if not better! The service is friendly, and there is a great selection of pastries, cakes, cookies, and even sandwiches. We had cannolis, a peanut butter ball, lobster tails, and cheesecake between the two of us. Skip the lines at Mike's and Modern and go here!

Visited August 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Forget Modern, Go Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Forget the lines at Modern Bakery. Walk to Salem and Prince Street and buy your sweets and bread here. Our grandsons prefer the canolis and eclairs here. We always buy some bread to carry home on the night before we leave Boston. This is where the locals buy their stuff.