“Great Restaurant for Small Groups” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Beehive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 2,670 Restaurants in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clarendon
Transit: Back Bay station on the Orange line is 3 blocks from The Beehive on Clarendon Street.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Restaurant for Small Groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been to the Beehive a few times and have never been disappointed. The food and drinks are both great (albeit expensive) and the atmosphere is fantastic. There is often live music and the bars are usually packed with people.

The only complaint I have is this - they do not accept reservations for parties larger than 6 people on the weekends. I was told that this is because they do not have adequate space to accommodate large parties but, having been there before, I don't really see that being the case. It's a shame because the restaurant is always packed and getting in without a reservation, specifically with a larger party, seems almost impossible.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Posh Southern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have had brunch and dinner here and both were good. I would classify the cuisine as Northern-hipster-romanticized Southern food. The atmosphere is great, always fun when there is a band playing. I have never had a portion here that was too large, either, which is worthy of note nowadays. They do tend to be busy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hungary
“good food, good music, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beehive surprised me. It is an ordinary place, not a very high profile one. The atmosphere is great. When I was there, a band played jazz and blues items. Food (steak) was delicious. I had reservation, but came early and was directed to the bar. The bar was so nice that when my table was ready, I decided to stay at the bar.

Visited June 2013
“Delicious! Dont miss this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm a world traveler and I must admit this one of the best restaurants I've been to. I had the Market salad, the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and spinach and the maple bread pudding topped with maple ice cream everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. The salad was a perfect combination of healthy ingredients and the dressing was perfect. Even if you are not fan of salads you will love this one! Is crunchy with no carbs ;) The filet mignon was awesome!!! The meet was tender, juicy and... Just loved! They really know how medium-rare shall be cooked!!! And of course where to buy good meat :) Last but not least, the dessert, not really had big expectations from a bread pudding, but this one was outstanding, Topped with Maple ice cream. Give it a chance and don't fall for chocolate!

We also liked the wine we chose. And it went perfect with our dinner. It was the bottle no. 511 from the wine list, don't remember de name but it was a 2005 bourdeux mix of cavernet-merlot (40-60%)

I will definitely go back to this restaurant. Is a place that any dollar spent in here is worth it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andover, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had tried to eat at the Beehive about a month ago and they were booked solid. So this time we didn't leave anything to chance and made a reservation. We were with another couple and all four of us had delicious dinners. I had the Scottish salmon with parsnip mashed potatoes and spinach and my husband had the sole. The other couple ordered the scallops. We were all very satisfied and content with our dinners...so fresh. The bottle of pinot noir was not too dry nor sweet and crisp. The atmosphere was funky and had live music beneath us and we could still hear one another. Service was excellent. Attentive but not overbearing. We would definitely return here!

• Visited June 2013