“Great ambience outside restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

(617) 224-4000
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Clink at the Liberty Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #540 of 2,881 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Charles/MGH T Station
Toronto, Canada
“Great ambience outside restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Some girlfriends and I came here in May 2012 to have drinks. Since we were just drinking and the area outside the restaurant was pretty swank, we stayed outside. After ~15-20 minutes, a table was freed and we took it. Very comfortable couches and long table. We ended up ordering some food as we stayed longer than expected, and the cocktails were interesting and creative. Very nice environment to stay and have drinks. We didn't feel rushed at all.

Visited May 2012

• Indonesian first
Boston
“Good food, attentive staff, fun drinks: but go for the atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I enjoy coming in here because the atmosphere is different, as it used to be an old jail. They have pictures on the walls of celebrity mug shots, which I find humorous and appropriate for the location. The drinks are great. Been a few times and had a few appetizers, always yummy. The waitress was very attentive to getting our drink order.

Visited December 2012
Olathe, Kansas
“Interesting, but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was OK - nothing special - service was OK. Again - a really noisy place to do a business dinner

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Made reservations while staying at the Liberty Hotel for dinner. Arrived and was promptly seated.
Wait staff was very attentive. Menu was limited but not so much that you couldn’t eat. I ordered the
Seared Scallops and my boyfriend order the Dry Aged Strip loin. For a starter, we decided to try the Beef Tartar with Brioche, Pistachios, Aleppo Pepper and Mustard Ice Cream. Yes, Mustard Ice Cream. I hate mustard, but I will try anything once. Well, what a pleasant surprise that was! Very, very light hint of mustard and yes it really was just like ice cream. A small dollop was all it needed. It was Delish!
My Seared Scallops came with roasted cauliflower and kale. I don’t really like Kale, but after getting this dish I am a big fan of kale prepared this way…roasted. It was like a potato chip that was disguised to look like a kale leaf! My boyfriend’s meal was outstanding. Everything was cooked to perfection!
Atmosphere is nice but I’m not sure if I would want to call it romantic. The crowd that night was anything from a family having dinner to couples or friends hanging out.
Even if you are not staying at the hotel, The Clink would be a great place to meet up and have appetizers and drinks with friends!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
durham, nh
“Very Pretentious Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our family decided to dine at Clink on Christmas Eve due to the fun holiday decorations the Liberty Hotel had in it's tremendous main lobby area. Granted, that's not the best indicator of a dining experience, but the reviews were generally pretty decent. Perhaps it's because we had kids with us, but we got a very un-welcoming feeling from the employees we encountered right off. And once our waiter found out we would not be ordering wine or alcohol, he seemed to write us off totally. Cursory comments on any menu questions we had, barely visiting the table after the food was delivered. The meals were interesting, but not all that tasty. I don't think chefs accomplish anything by including as many unusual ingredients into a dish as they can - it just makes for a strange experience. Not necessarily good though - food was left on the plates, even though the portions were relatively small. Very expensive too, with everything extra aside from the bread. Overall a disappointment, and just can not recommend to others.

• Visited December 2012