“Best value stay in Boston” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$25 off room rate
Ranked #2 of 45 Boston B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Deep in the heart of Texas
“Best value stay in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Wow - room nice and clean - shower nice - Dish network with movie channels on lcd tv - did not know in advance about access to small kitchette which had stove,microwave.fridge and a Koenig coffee maker with a large supply of coffees and teas. Breakfast was GREAT - homemade breads, muffins, cereral, fruit salad, and a different hot entree each day. Dympha and James both seemed to enjoy talking with the guests and making suggestions to enhance our Boston stay. Free PARKING! Great price/value for Boston area.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Somerset UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

I can only reiterate all that the other contributors have said. Excellent hosts, excellent accommodation and food. A perfect start to our 2 week Fall Vacation

• Liked — Everything
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

When arriving in Boston, we were delighted to see Dympna waiting for us, as promised with a board with my name on it! I felt like a celeb LOL!

Anyway, it was a real bonus to get picked up from the airport as we would not have known where we were going, and it gave us a good chance to see some of the sites enroute. Dympna was very helpful with pointing out things of interest and generally telling us about Boston in general. Upon arrival we were shown to our room which was very attractive. The hotel in general is an amazing example of Victorian architecture, beautiful ceiling roses, high skirting boards, lovely polished floors...you just look around and go ...WOW.
Anyway, our room was lovely, and probably bigger than some of the rooms in chain hotels. There was a well stocked bathroom with powerful shower, and the whole place was spotless.
Now to the best part...breakfast!! Wow..again! I don't normally eat much at all on a morning, and was worried I might not be able to do the breakfasts justice, but I need not have worried! Gorgeous muesli, fresh greek yogurt, home made bread and date and carrot muffins were just some of the things on offer.
The whole breakfast experience was wonderful, and so much better than all this pancakes and syrup nonesense, which I just can not stomach, just my taste.
I would really recommend this place, and my only regret was that we could not stop there for the remainder of our stay, which was completely my fault as I had only got the flights at the last minute and most hotels were full. We were very lucky to get 2 nights, and would definatley return.
Thanks again Aisling, and especially Dympna!

• Liked — The beautiful decor, and of course the breakfasts!
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

Dympna and James have hit it just right with everything. They are both the perfect hosts. They welcome you into their beautiful home as guests, but have a special way of making you feel like a friend within a short space of time. Breakfast is exceptional and different each day, it's difficult to guess what is coming out of the kitchen next. We stayed in Murmod Sanctuary, which is exactly what it says it is. It is extremely cosy, very tastefully decorated and furnished. Aisling is close to a number of good restaurants, and only a 15 minute walk or short Silverline ride to the centre of Boston.

• Stayed October 2008
Shrewsbury, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

Top notch accommodation in a pleasant area of Boston, and although our room was at the front of the house on the ground floor we heard no traffic noise. We were very glad to accept the offer of being picked up from the airport and found Dympna to be an excellent hostess. Varied plentiful breakfasts with cereals/muffins/breads as well as a hot main course. Would highly recommend.

• Liked — Pleasant start to the day with chance to chat to other guests over informal breakfast
  • Disliked — Was very warm but the heating had been turned up for some other guests who felt the cold
NorfolkUK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

Lovely house, clean and spacious, and comfortable bedroom. Home made breakfast including muffins from the oven, pancakes and home made bread yum! Both the land lady and land lord very hospitable and welcoming. Felt like I stayed with a relatives, kind and genuine. Having travelled to Boston alone I greatly appreciated the collection and drop off to the airport which was part of the package, thank you very much. Thank you alsoDympna for your patience with my concert event obsession :-)

• Liked — The welcoming hospitality, close to public transport links and near Banknorth Garden Arena
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

My husband and I have stayed in many B&B's along the East Coast, and Aisling is at the top of our list of favorites! During our three-day visit, we did not have the opportunity to meet James, but Dympna is the perfect hostess!! The B&B is beautiful, spotlessly clean, and in a terrific location. The breakfasts are amazing, and Dympna also recommended great places for dinner, so we certainly ate well. Best of all, however, is the cost of staying at Aisling. When I started to research a possible trip to Boston, I thought I'd have to scrap the idea once I looked at hotel prices. I hadn't thought of staying in a B&B in a big city, but it finally dawned on me to check out that avenue, and BINGO, I found the Aisling!! It had great reviews AND reasonable rates. I had to be flexible with dates to get three nights, but I'm glad it worked out . . . We wouldn't have had those luxurious, comfy robes any place else! I can't imagine staying anywhere in Boston other than Aisling B&B!

A few tips on Boston in general: Don't miss the free guided tour of Boston Public Library . . . so beautiful! And while I'm not really a baseball fan, our tour of Fenway Park was fun and interesting, so we went back that night to try for tickets, and got two right behind home plate! The game and the fans were great. And finally, if you are a Catholic visiting Boston, I'd highly recommend attending Mass at the Paulist Center, which is right across the street from Boston Commons. They are a warm and welcoming community!

• Liked — Dympna's hospitality
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Aisling Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!