“Very impressed by staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Last Minute Specials
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
“Very impressed by staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Left a pair of sun glasses in my room - Called after two days and found it. Glasses were shipped to me very quickly - Thank you Mr. Tony. Very impressed with your professionalism.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
baybeeblues, Director of Sales at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, February 9, 2011

“The Staff and I appreciate your comments and your taking time to post them on our behalf! We are pleased that we were able make your stay enjoyable and succeed towards our goal of exceeding our guests expectations! We take all of the comments posted on Trip Advisor seriously and strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We will pass along your appreciation to Tony.

The Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stay here every few months when I have a checkup at Dana Farber. Hospital visits are so stressful, it is great to have a place to stay where we know we will be able to relax. Parking is easy, and we don't have to move the car to go to the hospital -- just walk down the street.
Patients and their famiiies: Make sure to ask for the medical rate, and then bring some form from your doctor (such as appointment confirmation mailing) to document it.

Rooms are clean -- important for the immune-suppressed -- and comfortable.

Discount at the restaurant in the same building is nice, though the restaurant , while adequate, is much less attentive than the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

“The Staff and I appreciate your comments and your taking time to post them on our behalf! We are pleased that we were able make your stay enjoyable and succeed towards our goal of exceeding our guests expectations! We take all of the comments posted on Trip Advisor seriously and strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We are proud of our UltraClean designation and appreciate your comments regarding our cleanliness!

Douglas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel is the most convenient if you need to be at any of the hospitals in the Longwood area; I needed to be near Brigham & Womens Hospital. The room was clean, adequately sized and surprised to get a King when I expected a Queen sized bed. Bathroom was adequate, although a little small. My family stayed hear for four days in Dec. 2010, while I was in surgery and felt comforable and they were very helpful with their needs.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

If you or family are receiving treatment at one of the area hospitals, the location can not beat.

However, the hotel was a nightmare to deal with. Booked a stay of over a week while a family member was having surgery at Children's. We were advised to book based on our longest projection and that we could check out early if there was an early discharge. This was confirmed verbally when the reservation was made, at check-in, and at check-out, as well as in writing.

The hotel ended up booking us for nearly an extra week, despite advising the hotel 3 times that we were checking out both via phone and the front desk. They repeatedly refused to correct the problem and forced us to chargeback the additional nights.

Other thoughts...

Pros

* Room was fairly large
* Location can't be beat for visiting the area hospitals

Cons

* Hotel Hallways are kept very dark
* Non-Smoking floor constantly reeked of smoke
* Water pressure in the shower was extremely week
* Attached restaurant was poor

Stayed December 2010
Massachussetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at this property while my husband was in the hospital and can not say enough about how helpful the staff was to me. The were considerate and helpful in all ways possible. My room was great, clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel for any stay in the Boston area or if you need to be in the Hospital area. They really do know how to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
baybeeblues, Director of Sales at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, January 21, 2011

North Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

We stayed for the location, as we had appointments at Dana Farber next door. We were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant and had a great quick dinner. The rooms were clean as was the entire hotel. I can't say enough about the great housekeeping staff, as in our rush to leave, I left an item in the room that just cost me over $ 300. I called the hotel back over the weekend and the housekeeping supervisor returned my call on Sunday to tell me they found it and would send it back to me. I was thrilled!!
I appreciated the medical discount also and plan to stay there again when we need to be in the area and looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I just booked my January 12th reservation with "Noah". He was efficient and personable. If the hotel is as good at customer service as he was, I'm looking forward to my stay.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!