“A gem in Boston!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Last Minute Specials
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Brandon, SD
“A gem in Boston!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Excellent staff (including Noah, who helped me with my lost charger) and accommodations, free internet access and with a central location in Boston close to major medical centers make this a wonderful place to stay; I'm surprised they are not filled to capacity every night! Only drawback was the lack of fitness center/exercise room (even one treadmill would have been nice). They did offer a discount at a nearby fitness center ($10/day), but I was never able to find the place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We were in Boston for a procedure at Childrens Hospital of Boston and made a reservation at Best Western so I could be close to my daughter and wife after the procedure and not drive the 2 hours home at night and again in the morning. We received good news after the procedure but due to the nature of a hospital and the busy schedules of doctors we were not told we could go home for the night until after the 4PM cancellation time. I called at 4:50 PM and was told by the representive after speaking to his manager that we would not be charged the night stay after cancelling late. This is greatly appreciated and finacially a great help. Best Western showed compassion and understanding to a family that is going through a hard enough time dealing with a childs illnessand not to worry about losing money to return home to the comfort of our own house. Even though I did not spend a night in this Hotel I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Boston for what ever reason. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Blaine, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

The inn at Longwood is the perfect place to stay when you have a loved one in one of the Medical Centers. My brother-in-law was at BGW Shapiro Cardiac Center for multiple bypass surgery that was such high risk it could not be done at a medical center in Maine. We were booked from Sunday thru Thursday but no rooms available for Thursday night. We tried each day to extend but nothing was available for Thursday night. Shortly after my call Monday night checking to extend until Tuesday of the following week due to delay in surgery, Bill called back and said I know you are from Maine and are stressed, I am going to go out of my way and extend including Thurs. It was a great releif to me because my sister (wife of patient) was elderly and wheelchair bound. You cannot ask for more than that. Our family's thanks to Bill!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

It's an older inn which was refurbished as a Best Western. We stayed there for 2 nights at a special conference price (the conference was at the hotel) which is still quite expensive, but we found out that in Boston any hotel in and around town are expensive.

The room is clean and roomy. the staff helpful and friendly. The best feature about this hotel is that it's very well located near all the medical related firms such as Harvard Medical School, the Mass General Hospital, the Dana-Faber Cancer Institute, and the hotel is attached to the Longwood Gallaria mall which has a nice food court and a few little stores.

The complaints I have are that the blankets are thin. I would have thought for a hotel which has nightly rate of ~$300 it would have a nice fluffy comforter. We are talking about Boston, a bit up north, not Miami down south where it's VERY warm. I had to take the extra blanket from the closet (and thank goodness there is one) to use. Yes, one can turn on the heat, but the heater makes noise and that doesn't help with falling asleep.

The second compalint is that whoever the hotel hired to reglaze the bathtub didn't do a good job. It was one of those older style cast iron tub with porceline enamel. The enamel had chipped off quite a bit and the tub looked like it was very dirty. But it wasn't dirt, it was just the enamel came off the tub.

The shower water fixture came off when I tried to turn the water on, but I was able to put it back and use the shower. I did leave my comments on the Best WEstern Guest Comment card. I hope management had taken care of the problems.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was forced to stay here because the city was essentially sold out. Superficially the hotel is ok. The rroom had modern linens and a flat screen tv. However, the things that have become common at the Hampton Inns, Hilton Garden Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses are lacking here.

1. Wireless is cranky and slow. The engineering guy told me the system was installed in 2000....did they even have the internet in 2000?

2. 29 TV Channels - like Discovery Channel, out of luck. Like History Channel. Sorry. How about Sci Fi? or Food Network? Nope. Three flavors of ESPN but no CNN or MSNBC. Horrible.

3. Restaurant is terrible. Don't be fooled by the posters positioning it as a "hot" local hang out. It's a dump and the food tends towards the industrial - everything out of freezer bag....

4. Air conditioner is weak. It's not warm here, but the AC could not cool down a stuffy room.

Don't stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Decided on this hotel because of it's close proximity to Fenway Park. Hotel could use some updating. Rooms were nice which is what's important, although the plumbing (toilet) was poor. Had to flush several times and toilet got clogged once. Pressure in the shower was good though. The beds were really comfortable and our room was very quiet at night. Front desk clerks weren't very helpful during our stay. They didn't even want to call me a taxi when I asked them to. They just told me to go outside and wait. The restaurant in the hotel was excellent for dinner and drinks. I would probably stay here again if I had business in the area but otherwise location was not good for sight seeing and exploring the City..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Brookline
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I had a really unsatisfactory experience here. Called in advance to make sure that I could park the UHaul van I was traveling with in their lot. Asked about 11' specifically! When we arrived, it turned out that the clearance wasn't high enough, and NO ONE affiliated with the hotel could help us find a spot.

Also, the room was small, the windows looked onto a stairwell, and the beds were hard. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone, truly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!