“Staff are terrific!! You will be treated right!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Winnipeg, Canada
“Staff are terrific!! You will be treated right!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just spent 2 weeks at the Inn at Longwood Medical and were so pleased with the staff and how they make customer service a priority!! We had difficulty with our air conditioner and Noah at the front desk made sure that it was repaired, and that in the interim we could have access to fans or we had the choice to move rooms. We chose to stay put and use fans for an evening and the next day the repairs were completed. The maintenance supervisor was so friendly and willing to make things work out, each day he greeted us with a genuine smile. Our housekeeper (Mon-Friday), I wish I knew her name was friendly, social and did an exceptional job of cleaning our room. Jennifer at the front desk was a ray of sunshine, and brightened our day with her sweet demeanour, not to mention she is exceptionally organized and efficient at her job. Brian also at the front desk went out of his way to assist us in finding a document on the internet to assist my daughter who was taking a course in Boston, then printing and hole punching it as well. There was another gal at the front desk who also was friendly and helpful, to whom I wish I knew her name as well.
All in all if being treated with care and kindness is important to you, do not hesitate to stay at The Inn at Longwood Medical. We are very glad we did!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a thorough review. We appreciate you business and the compliments regarding the staff. Please accept my apologies regarding the ac in your room. The staff and I appreciate you patience and are glad it was fixed quickly.
Brian Stiglets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The manager Noah was an OUTSTANDING agent in that he facilitated our every need. We were in Boston for an appointment at Dana Farber Hospital for my wife who has chronic cancer.
Everything Mr. Noah did was sincerely appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind remarks about Noah. Appreciate you staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. Hope you wife's trip went well.
Regards
Essex, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have used the Longwood since our son's first hospital admission in 2002. They have always been very cooperative and accommodating. The front desk and room staff are great. It is wonderful to have a quiet and relaxing place to go during the day, and to sleep at night. And we really enjoy the Grill. Their meals are excellent and a good value, too. The Inn at Longwood Medical is always our first choice.

Room Tip: There are suites with a fridge and microwave for a few more dollars. Convenient for multi-day stays...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the repeat business when you are bringing your son to the medical area. Very much appreciate you kind comments regarding the hotel and the Longwood Grille and for taking the time to post a review.
Best Regards
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed at the Inn July 11th and 12th..for a wedding. Can't say enough about the people and how nice they were! From check in to check out....everyone was very attentive and excelled at customer service! The reception for the wedding was held there also and the food!!! WHAT!!!! EXCELLENT!
The rooms are just what you need...shower...bed....place to change....for what we went for...it was perfect! Sorry, I can't remember the gentleman's name that helped us up to our room with our luggage..but he was great! We had ALOT of luggage!! Also, Charlotte helped the wedding party out with all their plans!! Can't say enough about it!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks for staying with us and for attending the wedding ! We appreciate your very nice comments and for taking the time to post a review. We will share them with all of our staff.
Best
NORWALK,CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Located just 2 blocks from Brigham and Women's Hospital and other medical offices in the area.
Room was very basic but comfortable and clean. Includes free wi-fi a big plus. Not overpriced like some of the other hotels in the area. Hotel kept very clean and although on a very busy street you would not know it. From our first contact to make a reservation, staff more then cordial, helpful and very friendly.
Manager even went outside to get us a cab. Hotel located 2 blocks from the "T" green line, also not far from Fenway Park. Food court located on lower level. If you need to be in that area for Doctor/Hospital visit perfect place to stay. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would suggest upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for staying with and for posting a detailed review. The staff and I are grateful for both your business and the review.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The reason we have o go to Boston is not one we look forward to. However, knowing we are staying at The Inn at Longwood always makes the trip just a little more tolerable. This is not one of those expensive "5 star" hotels you see all the celebrities staying at but the staff sure makes you feel you are a celebrity. From the front desk to the checkout we are always greeted with a smile and a hello. They go out of there way to make your stay enjoyable under the circumstance for which you are there. Would not recommend any other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review. While we realize you do not look forward to your trip to the area ,we are proud that we can offer some comfort during this stressful time. Hope the visit went well and again thank you.
Best Regards
Meredith, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

July 8-15 I stayed at The Inn at Longwood Medical when I went to Brigham and Women's Hospital for a pre op appointment and the next day had a five hour day surgery, returning directly to the Inn that evening. Reservations worker Angel made the reservations via phone, and greeted me when I arrived. He went above and beyond the call of duty to be sure I was taken care of with a wheel chair and room service. Rebecca in House Keeping changed my sheets everyday and kept my room vacuumed and fresh. She and the weekend staff are professionals and well trained. Supervisor Noah spoke with me personally to make sure that my check out at 6am would be smooth. I highly recommend The Inn at Longwood Medical which is convenient, efficiently run offers reasonable rates. My surgeon's office recommended I stay here, and I am passing on my five star recommendation to you!

Room Tip: I reserved my room with an adjoining room for my friend to care for me post op.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate your comments regarding Noah and Angel as all of your comments will be shared with our staff. We all hope your recovery is going well.
Take care
Brian Stiglets

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!