“VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
NORWALK,CT
“VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Located just 2 blocks from Brigham and Women's Hospital and other medical offices in the area.
Room was very basic but comfortable and clean. Includes free wi-fi a big plus. Not overpriced like some of the other hotels in the area. Hotel kept very clean and although on a very busy street you would not know it. From our first contact to make a reservation, staff more then cordial, helpful and very friendly.
Manager even went outside to get us a cab. Hotel located 2 blocks from the "T" green line, also not far from Fenway Park. Food court located on lower level. If you need to be in that area for Doctor/Hospital visit perfect place to stay. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would suggest upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Many thanks for staying with and for posting a detailed review. The staff and I are grateful for both your business and the review.
Brian Stiglets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The reason we have o go to Boston is not one we look forward to. However, knowing we are staying at The Inn at Longwood always makes the trip just a little more tolerable. This is not one of those expensive "5 star" hotels you see all the celebrities staying at but the staff sure makes you feel you are a celebrity. From the front desk to the checkout we are always greeted with a smile and a hello. They go out of there way to make your stay enjoyable under the circumstance for which you are there. Would not recommend any other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review. While we realize you do not look forward to your trip to the area ,we are proud that we can offer some comfort during this stressful time. Hope the visit went well and again thank you.
Meredith, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

July 8-15 I stayed at The Inn at Longwood Medical when I went to Brigham and Women's Hospital for a pre op appointment and the next day had a five hour day surgery, returning directly to the Inn that evening. Reservations worker Angel made the reservations via phone, and greeted me when I arrived. He went above and beyond the call of duty to be sure I was taken care of with a wheel chair and room service. Rebecca in House Keeping changed my sheets everyday and kept my room vacuumed and fresh. She and the weekend staff are professionals and well trained. Supervisor Noah spoke with me personally to make sure that my check out at 6am would be smooth. I highly recommend The Inn at Longwood Medical which is convenient, efficiently run offers reasonable rates. My surgeon's office recommended I stay here, and I am passing on my five star recommendation to you!

Room Tip: I reserved my room with an adjoining room for my friend to care for me post op.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate your comments regarding Noah and Angel as all of your comments will be shared with our staff. We all hope your recovery is going well.
Take care
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Attended a wedding at the Longwood Inn inside the Fenway Room and it was very good. The staff at the check- in, wedding reception, and Longwood Restaurant were excellent. Everyone greeted you with a smile and we're very accommodating. The hotel rooms were basic, but met our needs. The AC units throughout the building were excellent. The room came with free wifi and room darkening blinds.

Only negative: the mattresses probably need to be replaced. There were dips in the middle of our mattress. Otherwise, a good stay and excellent wedding reception venue.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review. We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and are glad you enjoyed the wedding and reception.
Wethersfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We recently booked a room and needed a late checkout due to a medical test our son was having. The management staff was extremely helpful in assisting us. We've stayed here in the past and will continue to do so because of the convenience of location and the understanding and accommodating employees.

Room Tip: The suite with a kitchenette was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for posting a review and for staying with us when you are in the area. We hope your son is doing well and please let us know if can help again in the future.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

If you judge hotels by their fancy lobbies (this hotel doesn't have one), state of the art health clubs (I'd rather take long walks), and cheerful corridors with ornate flower arrangements (nope), this is not the hotel for you. However, if location is your bag, and comfortable beds, meticulously clean rooms and a willing and helpful staff, as they say, 'dis is d' place. I was staying, as were many of the guests, due to an illness in the family and I found the rooms (I've stayed twice) everything I could ask for. The lobby staff kindly allowed me to extend my reservation when my wife had to stay longer in the hospital. As they were fully booked I was very grateful. The attached restaurant (where I ate many meals) was no gourmet adventure but more than adequate and friendly. The Inn reminds me of the novotels or business hotels I've stayed in in Europe. Not a honeymoon experience but one that was extremely pleasant. I'm glad it's there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting such a thoughtful and thorough review. We hope you stay with us again and if so take advantage of the nearby fitness center Bodyscapes. While you mentioned you prefer to go for walks we do offer complimentary admission to their facility , which includes various exercise classes.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel is clean but old bought a deal on groupon didn't know what to expect was a little sad by the rooms but once we met Noah & he made reservations for us at the restaurant with no name & called ahead to ask them to give us a server who had a strong south Boston accent at a snobby high end restaurant not sure if they would have done that for us or spent the time with us!!! The stay is worth it just for the staff!!! Noah ROCKS EH!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your comments especially regarding Noah. We are pleased that he make your stay such a good one.
Thank you again.
Brian Stiglets

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!