“Good location near medical facilities & Museum of Fine Arts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
10% - 50% Last Minute
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Holden, Massachusetts
“Good location near medical facilities & Museum of Fine Arts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We planned an overnight in Boston to visit the Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Gardner Museum and wanted to stay in that area so we wouldn't have to drive around or take the T. The Inn at Longwood is the only place I found nearby and it worked out very well. It is less than 15 minutes walk from the MFA and a little closer to the Gardner. Our room was clean and comfortable and we luckily were on the 7th floor so away from the street noises. The Inn is in the center of a major medical complex in Boston, with multiple hospitals, medical schools and clinics all around it so ambulances & sirens are common but we only heard one all night. It is attached to a mall with a large food court and has a nice full service restaurant and bar. It was pouring the night we stayed there so we stayed in and had dinner at the restaurant which was quite nice. We parked at the garage next to the hotel and paid about $32 for 30 hours which included the discount for staying at the hotel. We probably would have paid $50 if we stayed downtown. Our room was $179 plus tax and the best I could find closer to downtown was $200/250 and up plus those hotels were much further away and would not have been within easy walking distance. The Inn at Longwood met my criteria and was quite a pleasant place to stay. I would stay there again if I wanted to be in that part of Boston.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to start at the 5th floor (5 to 8) so they are all well above street level but the higher...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. The staff and I are pleased you enjoyed your stay and are glad you were able to visit the nearby museums in our neighborhood. Please contact me direct at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com when you come back to the area so I can personally assist with your reservation. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My grandson was recently hospitalized at a nearby hospital. The staff at at the Inn at Longwood was so accommodating with our last minute needs, cleaning our room during times that were convenient for us, and just their overall care and concerns. The rooms were immaculately clean, free wireless internet and super comfy beds. Their restaurant/lounge was perfect for a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review and for staying with us. Glad we could help during your visit to the hospitals. Hope all is well with your grandchild.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is 5 mins. walk to all hospitals in the Longwood area. I was pleasantly surprised with my whole experience. Very nice bar and grill within the building . Room was comfortable and clean. Staff very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for the review and for staying with us. Please stay with us again when you come to Boston. It will be warmer sooner !
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

DON'T park in the adjoining garage. If I had to do it over, I would have dropped my luggage off in front and parked at the hospital. First of all there is no elevator in the parking garage. So you get up to the second floor and there is a guy waiting to valet your car. I'm sorry, but if you're going to have valet, it would be nice if he could take your car at the garage entrance. Instead, I had to navigate two children and about several bags on my own and no elevator -- unbelievable. Otherwise, be sure to pack one big suitcase instead of several little bags.

When I returned to pick-up my car, my son had just finished surgery and we were on the fence if we should take the 4 hour drive back home as of yet. I picked up the car and it sounded really funny. We started to drive and my car couldn't get past 40 mph without sounding like a rocketship. So now, here we are in Boston, a town I'm not familiar with, in a car that sounds like it's going to breakdown, my son is still in pain for his surgery and has only a few hours before his meds wear-off and it's a very stressful situation. By some act of God, we pull off the highway and there happens to be a Honda dealership. They are wonderful and the guy tells me that it's the exhaust pipe and someone must have run it into a snowbank or something!

Keep in mind, my car was working perfect before we arrived and the valet guy was very scketchey looking. All in all it was an absolute nightmare, so avoid the parking garage at all costs.

The hotel was like a run down vegas hotel. Really warn-down, the fan plate was hanging off the wall and the fan also sounded like a rocketship when you turned it on -- maybe that should be the theme of this review. Room was kind of gross.

The people on the other hand were very nice and hospitable. The location was ideal. Perfect for my other son to hangout at while my oldest was in the hospital.

Room Tip: Don't park in the garage, park at the hospital instead.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for the adjacent garage service. Your comments have been shared with their management. Your comments have been shared with housekeeping and maintenance and the items have been fixed. Again sorry for disappointing you and your family. Thank you for posting a review and for trying us. Please contact me direct at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if we can discuss your stay further and if you need to come back to the medical area.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

absolutely disgusting. a mouse was gnawing at my night table in the evening; the mouse, and i think another. scampered away when i looked. when i moved the table to see what was there i saw insect wings and other dirt-clearly had not been cleaned for a while. i reported it and they actually asked if i wanted to switch rooms. the next room they suggested had the heat on set at maybe 80-85 deg-and the windows don't open in this hotel-ac was broke so could cot cool down. finally got a third room that was equally heated to something north of 80 and had to run the ac for a good 40 min to cool it down. do not stay at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Our sincere apologies to you for having seen mice in your room. Totally unacceptable and appalling I agree. Given our location cleanliness is paramount to our operation and our guest. Obviously we failed in this regard and the staff and I are truly sorry to have disappointed you in so many ways. Please contact me direct so we may speak. Would love the opportunity to try and regain your trust in our hotel.
Regards
Brian Stiglets
bstiglets@innatlongwood.com
Hampden, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I arrived at The Inn at 7 PM after a 4.5 hour trip from Maine and found that my hospital social worker had not made the reservation. My heart sank, because I honestly did not know what I was going to do. Luckily, I had Jenne as my clerk! I knew it was too late to contact the hospital to straighten out the error, but she met with the manager and they were able to get me a room at the rate I needed. Jenne was kind and warm, and I hope they give her a big raise! I am very grateful.
Liz

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments about Jenne and our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. And thank you for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while a family member was having surgery- great location- very quick walk to Dana Farber and The Brigham and Womens Hospital. We had reserved 5 rooms for our group. One person in the group had requested and paid for an upgraded room. Without requesting it, I was given an upgraded room. It faced the side street instead of the main street, (which was much nosier.) Others in our group said it was hard to sleep facing the main street. Although not quiet- our room (on side street) was quieter. The upgraded room was a little larger than some of the rooms in our group & had a refrigerator & microwave. Our first night there was the final night of the World Series, so a lot of baseball fans stayed at hotel & said location was convenient to ballpark. The hotel is dark and dingy. Did not find the staff particulary helpful. On our last night, we had requested that they call a taxi for us for 8:45 AM- the next morning. The desk person said he would take care of this. We came down to the desk at 8:35 AM & were told they had no record of this request & to ask at bell desk. The bellman told us to go ourside & hail a taxi ourselves! My sister needed to be in Boston with her husband for a week after he was released from hospital & since they no longer had to be that close to the hospital- they moved to another hotel. The room came with a continental breakfast, which was sufficient. Servers very nice at restaurant. We ate dinner there one night and enjoyed it--good food and good service. There is also a food court and a CVS Pharmacy on that level. Didn't eat at food court but the small CVS was well stocked and we found several things that we wanted there. Nice to have that without going inside. I would only stay here if I needed to be very close to the hospital. The location and restaurant bring a poor rating up to average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for trying our hotel and for taking time to post a detailed review. Please accept my apologies for the taxi not being available and the overall poor service you received. Please contact me direct at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if you would like to discuss further or should ever have to come back to the medical area.

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!