“Thank you to Brian Stiglets and the staff at the Bestwestern!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Last Minute Specials
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Westport, MA
“Thank you to Brian Stiglets and the staff at the Bestwestern!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Recently I had the pleasure of Staying at the Bestwestern Inn at Longwood for an extended stay due to an illness, I needed to be near the hospitals. The hotel went above and beyond to make sure that my stay was comfortable considering the circumstances of my illness. I have never met a more accommodating staff in all of my years of travel. I will forever be grateful for the wonderful service I recieved ~ it made a tough time pleasureable!! Thank you to Brian Stiglets the GM and his staff for everything!!!

• Liked — convenience ~ restaurant
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Longwood Medical because of it's proximity to Dana Farber Cancer Center and Brighams and Woman's Hospital. I was somewhat hesitant because of the reviews here, but it is the closest hotel to the medical facilities so we booked.
I was completely unprepared to the actual filth and dirt in the room. I wiped down the remote, the light switch, one doorknob and the heating/air conditioning dial, and the antibacterial wipe I was using was dark gray and black. Astounding.
Then, we pulled down the sheets and found long black hair between the sheets. i lifted up the sheets to check the mattress pad, because of an earlier review I read involving bedbugs, and was so dismayed to see dirt and very short, very curly hair embedded in the mattress pad.
Overall, the state of the room was disgusting.
Staff was fine. Check-in/out was fine. Complimentary breakfast was fine. I just wish there was another hotel close by to have another option for overnight stays.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filth and dirt in room
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
bievenue, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 25, 2008
Please accept our sincere apologies for the condition of you guestroom The staff and I are extremely embarrassed and regret disappointing you.While our guestrooms are inspected daily we obiviously have a problem with this particular room and our procedures.
While I understand wanting to remain private could you please give me the room number during your stay.This will enable me to personnally inspect the guest room and more importantly address the problem with the appropriate staff members ,including management and myself.
Regards,
Brian Stiglets
bstiglets@innatlongwood.com
617-532-6220
Dresden, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

My husband and I were in Boston during the weekend of July 15th. This was our first visit. We wanted to see so much in so little time. We had won tickets to two of the Red Sox games, but wanted to see as much of Boston as we could. Thanks to David Gore, our personal hotel travel agent, we did just that. He spent time to not only telling us about all of the great sites, but printed information that helped us achieve our goal while in Boston and in allowed us to visit Salem too.

The hotel was in an excellent location toFenway Park and downtown Boston. You could say that thanks to David Gore and the staff my husband and I were staying at the next best thing to home. The rooms were great and the maid service was excellent. I loved the attached eateries located within the hotel. Everyone was friendly and willing to offer suggestions and help.

I would rate this hotel with the hightest rating! If my husband and I return someday, I will book this same hotel.

Regina Patterson

• Liked — Service and location
  • Disliked — nothing
Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

We chose this hotel based on the photo and description on the hotel's own website. It was a bit misleading. The hotel is difficult to find, considering that it sits in and atop the Galleria (not a mall, despite the name) among several medical facilities and colleges. We passed it and had to turn around - a complicated proposition considering the volume of foot traffic in the area. The traffic signals are slow and pedestrians (mostly medical school students in a hurry) pretty much ignore them, creating a major driving hassle. We parked in the garage adjacent to the hotel, which costs $18/day. The spaces are small and some valet service also uses the garage - double parking all over the place, creating another headache. Front desk staff was minimal and we ended up waiting for our parking voucher every time we came and went.

That's the "Bad."

The Good? The room had a great layout and was spacious. It included a table, desk, microwave, fridge, sink (basically a small kitchenette), and a whole wall of windows. (The windows faced apartment windows, which was a bit disconcerting - imagine looking out and seeing a man changing his clothes in his bedroom not 50 feet away.) The location was great for walking - much to see and plenty of restaurants to choose from. As a matter of fact, the Galleria food court is literally an elevator ride away. There, we could choose from a variety of quick meals - Mexican, Chinese, american, subs, sushi, soup, coffee, smoothies, even Dairy Queen and McDonalds.

The ugly? Unfortunately there was an ugly. The toilet was unstable and filled inconsistently. The shower never stopped dripping and had a slow (extremely slow) drain. My ten minute shower practically turned into a bath. The bathroom sink had a problem with uneven water pressure. The lighting in the room was inadequate - four lamps with dim bulbs did not provide enough light, and opening the curtains was not much help since the hotel is in the shadows of tall hospital buildings. The door was challenging to close and latch, and I found the single chain lock (no deadbolt) to be insufficient.

On an odd note, the hotel has framed photography on display and for sale in the lobby, yet when we inquired about purchasing a piece (which was a fundraiser for the adjacent hospital, by the way), no one knew how to sell it to us. We left without the piece. Why display prices and post information about the fundraiser, and then be unable to sell the pieces? Disappointing.

If I had someone in one of the nearby hospitals, this would be my hotel of choice. But otherwise, I won't be back.

• Liked — Area was great for evening walks.
  • Disliked — Poor up-keep of room.
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Des Moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

Stayed here for the Boston Marathon.The price was allot better than the other Boston Hotels but not as close to town center.Staff was friendly and helpful,we felt welcomed there.The hotel had a special pasta dinner the night before the race and put out free snacks and coffee the morning of the race.Room was clean and worked for us,could use a little updating.Free internet was nice to have and restaurant and bar were good.Also had a food court next door for quick items.

• Liked — Price and staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Amherst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

We had a great time in Boston due to staying at this hotel. The property was clean, roomy and just fantastic. We can't wait to make our next visit.

Stayed May 2008
south orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I travel frequently with my work and the Inn at Longwood Medical offered a great location, friendly staff, spacious rooms and great service. I highly recommend if you are in the Boston area.

• Liked — Room size and staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!