“Great service & thank you, Noah” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Last Minute Specials
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Atlanta, GA
“Great service & thank you, Noah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Inn while attending a conference on meditation and resiliency sponsored by Harvard Medical School. The location was ideal. The room was comfortable. The service was exceptional. I felt that Noah was wonderfully warm, patient, and helpful giving directions and information re local restaurants. I was further impressed with him after I
left and realized that I had left my cosmetic kit which also contained some needed medical supplies. I spoke with him several times and he kindly and efficiently arranged to have it delivered to Rural Vt where I was visiting relatives. I was wowed and continue to feel very grateful. Thank you Inn at Longwood and especially, Noah.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here to see the RedSox play and it is easy walking distance through a nice park. It's noisy during the day and into the evening from ambulances going to the nearby children's hospital but things quiet down at night. Room was fine (2 queen beds for 3 people). My concern was that sometimes there was no one at the front desk, including late one night. Security seemed lax.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. Wanted to assure we do have security officers roaming the building twenty four hours a day as well as attendants in our parking lot. There are cameras in the Lobby and entrances as well. I apologized if it appeared there was no one at the desk late. During the late shift they step away shortly behind the desk to run reports but are always available if needed. Again we understand the need for proper security to all guest and travelers and apologize that you were concerned. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Inn at Longwood Medical offers basic rooms at a decent price. We were here to attend Red Sox games, and the location was very convenient - a 4 block walk to Fenway and all the restaurants surrounding the park. It's a 6 block walk to a Green Line train station which will take you to T stations closest to some of the best touristy spots (Haymarket, Govn't center). The free wifi is a nice bonus. The beds were very comfortable and the queen room was penty spacious for 2 people. The bathroom amenities were a little sparse; shampoo only (no conditioner) and two very threadbare bath towels. However, the room was clean and the housekeeping staff very pleasant. The best part of our stay was the fact that I'd left several personal items in the nightstand and when I realized this I was too far gone to go back. I immediately called the Inn and within a few hours they had gathered the items I'd left and packaged them for UPS overnight delivery to my home. Tony with Housekeeping / Lost & Found was WONDERFUL! Great service!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and the noise from outside sirens was very loud; I might suggest asking for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Capitola, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Inn at Longwood Medical. All of the staff we gracious and helpful the entire time during our 10 days there. Our room was recently refurbished, the beds were very comfortable and the exercise club was beautiful. Very close to hospitals, Starbuck's, good food, HDMS and HMS. Close to subway and easy walking to multiple places. Mohammad, Jose, Jenne, Lisa and Angel were especially helpful to us. Our room was very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms not on main street are quieter!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here due to its proximity to the major Boston teaching hospitals. It was great to be able to walk a couple blocks and be at the hospital. My sense is that many, if not most, of the guests were either in town for outpatient appointments, or visiting hospitalized relatives.

I appreciated the free wifi, the fact that there was an on-site restaurant as well as an adjacent food court, adjacent parking, and the availability of room service. These are big helps when you're spending long hours at a hospital visiting family. Staff members were friendly and helpful.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a recreational visit to Boston: there are better options than this somewhat dated property. However, it's a real find if you need to go to Boston to visit an ill family member and want a moderately priced hotel that's located in the middle of the city's huge medical complex.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
West Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Like many guests who stay here, our family too had a medical appointment at Children's Hospital next door and so the location was extremely convenient for an early morning procedure. Nonetheless , this hotel has much to offer on its own merit. We were allowed to check in early and found all the front desk people to be friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable; the decor was pretty nice as well. I'm not a big TV watcher, but did wish the channel line up provided more than just Basic though. Good reading lights, however! There is a decent restaurant connected with the hotel and we enjoyed our dinner there. The room also includes a continental breakfast which is served at tables......very much appreciated! One tip for those there for medical: take advantage of the special rates and also check to see if your affiliated hospital has cheaper parking than the Inn at Longwood. That was true for us and we saved several dollars. Hotel is also on a bus line and about a 10 minute walk to the T stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was great on all the normal amenities (comfort, clleanliness, etc.), however, when we arrived home I was missing some important items. I called the hotel, they found the items and shipped them to me that day. They arrived three days earlier than I expected. I have had this experience with other hotels and they can't find the items. This hotel is great !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!