“There should be more hotels like this in the world” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Needham, MA
“There should be more hotels like this in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked the Inn at Longwood Medical Center for my mother while my father was hospitalized at Brigham & Women's Hospital. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate my mother (the inn was booked solid -- but the staff found a room for her for a couple of days and repeatedly checked to see if another room had become available). The staff also responded promptly and courteously to all of my mother's needs and requests. The inn is connected to a mall with a food court and is centrally located to the Harvard Medical School teaching hospitals. There is a small parking garage with all day parking with in and out privileges for $20 per day (very reasonable for Boston). I highly recommend the Inn at Longwood Medical Center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

One of the few places we found in Boston where you could get a room with two queen beds (needed as there were 3 of us), and at a reasonable price based on the other local rates. Our stay was very pleasant ---- the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was particularly nice with new tile throughout and plenty of hot water. The front desk was very helpful in assisting with cabs and bag storage. The subway station was only a few blocks away. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I contacted The Inn at Longwood today for a reservation for my husband and me for tonight. My husband is a patient at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. The reservation process went very smoothly. Staff at the Inn answered my email questions within minutes. Shortly after making the reservation, I had to change it to a different day. Again, the staff quickly switched my reservation to the new date within minutes.

As a family with medical needs and under some stress as a result, this swift, responsive care is a comfort and special support when it is most needed. We are already very impressed with the service at the Inn, even before arriving for our stay!

Winslow, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here when we went to see a Sox game. It's within walking distance. The room was very nice and spacious. Quiet. Friendly staff. Parking was right there. It was pricey, parking is extra and our room didn't include breakfast. But, it was connected to a food court. The restaurant was good, we watched one of the Briuns semi final games. Dunkin Donuts is in there too, perfect. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have traveled to Boston five times for medical treatment at The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Each time I have stayed at The Inn and have had nothing but favorable experiences from the front desk to the very nice rooms. The rooms are clean and well appointed. There is also a wonderful restaurant located in the hotel. The Inn provides a free Continental breakfast for the guests.

The hotel is within one block of Dana-Farber and numerous other hospitals in the area. There are many schools within a couple of blocks of the hotel so there dozens of students walking back and forth to class. The area is very safe and one isn't far from the "T" to travel around the Boston area. No car is needed. The hotel also offers WI-fi and has a computer in the reservations area for customers to use.

I will be going back to Boston for further medical checkups at least six more times and I will be staying at The Inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are quiet.
Yaounde, Cameroon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had to request last minute changes in my booking because of last minute changes in my trip due to visa issues. I contacted the hotel and they have been very understanding, reacting very quickly and being very helpful !!! I truly appreciated this professional attitude.

binalongtime
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in early July. Had prepaid through expedia. When we arrived the clerk asked for a credit card he swiped the card and said that it did not work so I gave him 2 other cards they did not work so he clerk ask me for 150 dollars cash for incidentals. Arrived in to room spacious and clean. I had asked for a room with a fridge there was none and ice machine did not work on the 6th floor did tell maid but was still broken when we left, had to go to 7th floor to fill up ice bucket as I needed to keep medicine cold. On check out received bill for $30 for a fridge that we never received then spent 10 minutes waiting for clerk to rake the $150. A few days later we noticed that they had taken $50 out of my account and $300 ( appears 1 night room fee plus $50) out of my sons account. Took a fortnight to work out. Would I stay here again? Yes very easy to walk to Fenway park and close to public transport and rooms are ok, just would not get staff to touch my cards or ask for anything as they seem to be incompetent in every task I gave them.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor could hear ambulances but not enough to wake me up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and for staying with us. My apologies for the late response as we had to locate your account without your name. We did find your account and I am sorry for the numerous errors with the charges. The reservation was set up incorrectly by us and therefore the billing was also wrong when you checked in.
Further apologize for not receiving your fridge and the ice machine not working. Have addressed this and the details of your stay with our staff.
Please contact us direct if and when you come back so we can regain your confidence and trust.
Thank you.

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!