“The Inn at Longwood in Boston, MA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Last Minute Specials
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Toledo, OH
“The Inn at Longwood in Boston, MA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have traveled to Boston five times for medical treatment at The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Each time I have stayed at The Inn and have had nothing but favorable experiences from the front desk to the very nice rooms. The rooms are clean and well appointed. There is also a wonderful restaurant located in the hotel. The Inn provides a free Continental breakfast for the guests.

The hotel is within one block of Dana-Farber and numerous other hospitals in the area. There are many schools within a couple of blocks of the hotel so there dozens of students walking back and forth to class. The area is very safe and one isn't far from the "T" to travel around the Boston area. No car is needed. The hotel also offers WI-fi and has a computer in the reservations area for customers to use.

I will be going back to Boston for further medical checkups at least six more times and I will be staying at The Inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Yaounde, Cameroon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had to request last minute changes in my booking because of last minute changes in my trip due to visa issues. I contacted the hotel and they have been very understanding, reacting very quickly and being very helpful !!! I truly appreciated this professional attitude.

binalongtime
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in early July. Had prepaid through expedia. When we arrived the clerk asked for a credit card he swiped the card and said that it did not work so I gave him 2 other cards they did not work so he clerk ask me for 150 dollars cash for incidentals. Arrived in to room spacious and clean. I had asked for a room with a fridge there was none and ice machine did not work on the 6th floor did tell maid but was still broken when we left, had to go to 7th floor to fill up ice bucket as I needed to keep medicine cold. On check out received bill for $30 for a fridge that we never received then spent 10 minutes waiting for clerk to rake the $150. A few days later we noticed that they had taken $50 out of my account and $300 ( appears 1 night room fee plus $50) out of my sons account. Took a fortnight to work out. Would I stay here again? Yes very easy to walk to Fenway park and close to public transport and rooms are ok, just would not get staff to touch my cards or ask for anything as they seem to be incompetent in every task I gave them.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor could hear ambulances but not enough to wake me up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and for staying with us. My apologies for the late response as we had to locate your account without your name. We did find your account and I am sorry for the numerous errors with the charges. The reservation was set up incorrectly by us and therefore the billing was also wrong when you checked in.
Further apologize for not receiving your fridge and the ice machine not working. Have addressed this and the details of your stay with our staff.
Please contact us direct if and when you come back so we can regain your confidence and trust.
Thank you.
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We wanted to stay overnight after a Red Sox game, so we booked this hotel The location was great - it was an easy 15 minute walk to Fenway - the parking garage was connected to the hotel, and the room was comfortable. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was terrific for a quick overnight to see the game. The restaurant connected to the hotel was a bit of a disappointment, but there's other choices at the food court connected to hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Poughquag, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference on the complete opposite side of the city. The hotel and the whole area of the city were very nice, clean, and neat. It is convenient to public transportation with a bus station nearby and two subway stations within a few blocks which were easily walkable and safe feeling. The staff of the hotel were very accommodating when I had troubles with my room key. Parking was good and attached to the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here for a night in Boston. The staff was nice and accomodating, and the rooms were comfortable. The food court next door was quite handy, and the T (green line) was a short walk. As it is right next to the Children's Hospital, there is occasional ambulance noise, but nothing that will keep you up at night. Parking in the garage will cost $20, so remember to add this in to your cost when considering the hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while visiting the Harvard Medical School. Great location. Lovely people and very clean. The staff couldn't do enough for you.
It was HOT during my stay and the rooms were lovely and cool.
Looking forward to coming back in October.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!