“Can't beat the location for many reasons” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway/ Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Red Sox Packages
Ranked #49 of 77 hotels in Boston
Washington DC
“Can't beat the location for many reasons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you need to be in the medical district of Boston, you can't beat the location and this place should definitely work for you. It's kind of a funky place as you wind around a bit to get to reception. Lots of options for eating, it's actually attached to a food court (Longwood Grille is great) and there's a Starbucks across the street, one another block away and other restaurants/fast food places within a short distance. As other reviews have indicated, the AC was noisy, I found housekeeping service to be a bit spotty (in replacing things, the place was certainly clean enough) and my room seemed really dark, even with all of the lights on.

Although I never saw a sign indicating it, the airport shuttle driver and other locals called it a "Best Western," which may help others who could get it confused with the other Longwood Inn on Longwood Avenue. Also, I swear the website said the healthclub you can pay to use was a block away but I was told when I got there that it's a 7 minute walk. And it's $10/day.

So this is a good basic place if you're in the area for medical appointments.

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went down to Boston recently to confer with a specialist and wanted to stay very close to the hospital. The Inn at Longwood Medical was perfect. It's a very cozy hotel with a super comfortable bed and a nice enough dining room where I could get burgers and chicken and salads and good food. Everyone went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate my special diet.

The only thing I didn't like was that I arrived in the pouring rain and it was freezing for June and my room was really cold. When I put on the heater it made a lot of noise but I couldn't sleep without it; I mentioned that to the staff when they followed up with me after I got home and they said they would check the room out. They also said I should talk to them when I check in next time so they can ensure that my room is perfect. They really care about people having a good experience. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here for medical reasons, do it directly through the hotel. I used an onlin...
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the heart of the medical district. Room was small but clean. AC was noisy but that is common in older hotels.
I booked this hotel for the price and distance to Fenway Park. Both proved to be worthwhile. Boston is called a walking city and I proved it! Walked from the Inn all the way to the financial district and back with stops at Boston Garden, First Church of Christ, Scientist (the Mother Church), and the Museum of Fine Arts! Yes I walked!! Lol! My walk to Fenway was straight down Brookline to Yawkey Way! I even walked back alone around 10:30pm with a few people around me. I would choose this hotel again. It is attached to a food court that offers an array of options. But please try Longwood Grille! I stopped by for a half price burger because the Red Sox were playing!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Room was clean, attractive, and reasonably spacious. Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Halls are a little dowdy, but that hardly matters. Location is superb - right in the middle of the Children's - Dana Farber - Harvard Medical School complex, about 5 minutes walk from the Green Line T (Huntington Ave). Rate was very reasonable for Boston and an accommodation of this quality. I plan to stay at this hotel next time I go,

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I know many may think that writing a review before my actual stay at The Inn at Longwood Medical may seem premature but I am writing to rave about the treatment I have received from Bill Davies in booking my reservation. My daughter will be undergoing scoliosis surgery at Boston Children's Hospital at the end of June and before booking our room at The Inn I spent many hours searching the internet for an acceptable place to stay. Because we are traveling to Boston from Montana and we will need to be in the Boston area for a two - three week period I was searching for extended stay accommodations. I looked at hotels, apartments, bed and breakfast, you name it - any place that would provide a small kitchenette, refrigerator, easy access to food and a place that would afford my daughter the ability to recover in comfortable surroundings after her release from the hospital. I had the good fortune of speaking directly to Bill Davies during my initial phone call and from all that Mr. Davies and The Inn at Longwood Medical offered us I knew then that I was making the right decision to book our stay at The Inn. I can't express enough how important it is to a parent who has a child facing major surgery to have someone on the other end of the phone line assuring you that your needs will be taken care of and that they are looking forward to meeting you when you arrive in Boston. Mr. Davies booked us a room with a kitchenette and stresssed to me that if there was anything my family required during our stay at The Inn all I needed to do was to ask. Having had the good fortune of coming in contact with Mr. Davies drives home the expression that "a little bit of kindness goes a long way". While I am not looking forward to having my child undergo scoliosis surgery, I am looking forward to our stay at The Inn at Longwood Medical. Reni

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you are looking for a room with perfect proximity to Children's Hospital of Boston - then this is it. Rooms are clean, and staff are very helpful. Ask for a renovated room. Prices are okay, yet overall, you are staying here for the proximity to Children's Hospital (just a short walk).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gayle S, Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for submitting a review. The staff and I truly appreciate your feedback. Hope your visit to Children's Hospital went well.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Should have known better. Cheap sleezy outdated and grimy place. Two hundred dollars a night and elevator not working. Had to carry my luggage up 5 floors. No one bothered to help. Worst experience ever.

• Stayed June 2013
Gayle S, Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
On behalf of the staff and I please accept our apologies that the elevators were not working when you checked in. There was a fire alarm in the building which shuts down the elevators for safety reasons and then have to be reset. I understand not having help to the fifth floor is unacceptable and again I apologize.
If you wish to discuss further please email the General Manager at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com and include a phone number please . Would welcome the opportunity to discuss the elevator situation and other comments from your review.

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!