“Great location, hospitable staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Last Minute Specials
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location, hospitable staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stay at this hotel during Boston Marathon weekend every year. I always liked it very much, because it is located at a very convenient area and very reasonably priced for what they offer. This year, 2013, was no exception and I stayed there again. Because of the terrible bomb attack that devastated the whole city of Boston on Marathon Monday, I was forced to stay in Boston for another night after the marathon, since I ended up missing my train out of Back Bay. I just ran 26 miles, and walked 3 miles afterwards miserably to get back to the hotel, only to find out that I can't catch my train. However, I did not have a reservation. Hotel was full. Hearing my situation, the hotel manager reassured me right away, that he will personally see to it, so that I will be taken care of. He gave me a room that was reserved for an absolute emergency. Not only that, he only charged me a fraction of what the rate goes for on that night. AND he served me a complimentary glass of wine to celebrate my safe completion of Boston Marathon 2013. I don't think it's possible to get much better than this, as far as hospitalities are concerned. I will stay there again next year for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I almost never write reviews but my experience here has been so terrible. I'm writing this on my last night's stay because of how aggravated I have become. The hotel to begin with is not anything extraordinary, I only stayed here because it was close to where I had to be during the day. The location here is probably the worst if you want to do anything other than be in one of the hospitals. Thankfully it is within walking distance (3-4 blocks) from the T. My room upon arrival was shabby. The one bed skirt has a huge tear in it. The shower nozzle in the bathroom was broken, but they fixed that when the room service staff noticed it, again I'm not normally the complaining type. The water when you get a shower cycles from cool to hot on its own, so you can't get a shower at a constant temperature. The linens aren't exactly fresh smelling, this whole hotel has a funky smell, in all fairness I have a nose like a bloodhound. But the worst of all is the noise, there is some heavy duty construction going on outside and it sounds like a DMZ. I have to be up at 430 to catch my train and I doubt I will sleep well if at all. In addition to the noise outside, the walls are paper thin, you can hear people walking in the halls and kids screaming. Next time I will stay in a nicer part of Boston and just walk down to Dana Farber from the T.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor maybe its quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed a few more times since my last review. I was just there this week and I was greeted by the same wonderful staff my family has grown to love and appreciate over the past couple of years. Upon arrival, Jenne came out to greet us as she saw us on the camera. Angel and Jose were there with wonderful smiles and a great big "welcome back!". It is a great sense of relief for us to see the same people. People who actually know us. To feel familiar 200 miles from home is an incredible feeling. Without the incredible staff, this would be just another hotel. Thank you so much. All of you. We will be staying several times in the coming couple of months. I would go no where else. The staff is wonderful and caring, that makes it home away from home.

Room Tip: I prefer the kitchenette rooms for the space and convenience of accomodating someone with physical d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location, with its proximity to the hospitals and universities in the Longwood area, is fantastic. The hotel staff, Bill in particular, was great in getting everything straightened away. I highly recommend it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Red Lake Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times this past year and the rooms are exceptional. The staff is awesome and willing to help no matter what. The close proximity to the medical made it so easy for my wife and I when I had surgery at Brigham.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is very scenic, you can view a lacrosse game at times.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were 4 friends and we stayed at "The Inn at Longwood Medical" hotel for 1 night. It was very closed to the subway, so it was really easy for us to go everywhere in Boston we wanted.
The room with two Queen size beds was really big and totally comfortable. We slept really good and everything worked really well for us. In our room was a little kitchen with a refrigerator and a microwave! Perfect for us girls! The bathroom was very clean and a big pro is, that the bathroom with the toilet and the shower was able to be locked, but the sink was available, while somebody was showering or using the bathroom!
The service was really good and friendly. Couldn't say anything against it.
Next to the Hotel, or more or less in/under the hotel there was a parking garage, where you are able to park the car!
I can really recommend this hotel and if I will go back to Boston I will definitely choose this one again! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Date of stay: 3/19-3/20, one night

Pros: Location, restaurant better than typical hotel food,

Cons: AC didn't work, window went to a hallway, no lotion, water smelled, not many amenities (pool, hot tub, breakfast, etc.), pillows thick an lumpy.

The hotel is close enough to the subway (~10 min walk) and close to the medical center. You pay extra for the location. It served the purpose we needed: a place to sleep for the night. I'd stay there again, but mainly due to the lack of choice in that area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!