“Convenient to medical center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway/ Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Red Sox Packages
Ranked #49 of 77 hotels in Boston
“Convenient to medical center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This is the most convenient hotel if you need to be close to the medical center. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated and the amenities are just average but everything is more than adequate if you need to be close. My room was very clean staff was very helpful. The restaurant is on the same floor as the Galleria food court. The food was very good to excellent. The seating is more cafeteria style so not the best place to go and have a private discussion over a meal. There are some more secluded tables so ask for these if you need some privacy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was very impressed with the staff, the accommodations, and the location of The Inn at Longwood Medical. I specifically was very impressed with customer service and their superior professionalism. Breakfast was great and I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I recently (this week) stayed at this hotel with family as we were visiting Boston to see a Dr. at Dana Farber. While the location is key for all of the hospitals and specialized research in the area, the stay and customer service were awful. The hallways were dark and dirty, and the rooms were small, outdated and dark. We had the pleasure of an additional guest in our first room - a MOUSE! Upon calling the front desk to notify them of the mouse they said they would send someone up to move us to another room. Didn't apologize for the mouse, or question it, or seemed concerned at all with the fact that there was a mouse in their hospital which is used mostly by those visiting these hospitals. I doubt having mice and mice feces in their hotel is a good thing for those who are sick or recovering.
Because it was late in the evening and we had an early meeting the next day we took the change in rooms. Our second room was a little bigger and didn't have mice (we checked!) but was freezing when we got in. After turning on the heat we quickly realized it was broken to the point where you could not adjust the temperature and it was just blowing out at high rates making the room feel like it was 80/90 degrees. We had the option of having a freezing room with no heat or a sauna. When we complained to the staff upon check out the next morning they didn't care one bit. We were offered 2 free breakfasts (keep in mind you already get continental breakfast for free... and there were 3 of us in the party, not 2) and after that our concerns were ignored.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are looking for a run down motel atmosphere at the price of the ritz, feel free to stay here. Otherwise I would look elsewhere. The convenience is nice, but I'd rather take public transportation a few blocks instead of stay in this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference at Harvard University. It is located nearby the school of medicine. So the location was perfect for my demands. The staff in the reception were very friendly and eager to help. Breakfast was not included, but on the other hand there was a restaurang in the hotel where you could buy breakfast. My room and bathroom was big and clean. I would be happy to stay there next time I'm in Boston.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hello to all and welcome to Boston. This Inn is exceptional. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I stayed on the 7th floor in a suite style room and it was beautiful. The room was updated with the latest amenities and extraordinarily crisp and clean. I had my holiday party nearby and needed a place to crash for the night. I am a pretty fussy sleeper and I slept like a content little baby. The only bad part was having to leave. I will most certainly recommend this Inn to all my friends, family and clients that need a great place to stay. Thank you to all at the "The Inn at Longwood Medical".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Over the past year we stayed at this Best Western three times. In all instances the staff assisted in making what is a very stressful event more relaxed. The arrangement with the restraint and the food is very good and we look forward to when we can stay here for a recreational stay. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Williamstown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews, I was not sure what to expect. But, I was pleasantly surprised by the Inn at Longwood. We had two different rooms (we needed to add one night on to our stay). The rooms were both comfortable and the first on the 5th floor was spacious with a suite-like feel. My only complaint was about the pricing. With out daughter having surgery at Children's the hospital rate we were offered was 169 (the hospital literature says the rate is 159), but they did not have that room available and said the charge would be 179. I was able to get the same room for 146. on booking.com. I called to see if the hotel would match the rate and the front desk person was kind of rude about it. Booked online and didn't have any problems.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!