“Medical Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Red Sox Packages
Ranked #45 of 77 hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Medical Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Over the past year we stayed at this Best Western three times. In all instances the staff assisted in making what is a very stressful event more relaxed. The arrangement with the restraint and the food is very good and we look forward to when we can stay here for a recreational stay. We will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Williamstown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews, I was not sure what to expect. But, I was pleasantly surprised by the Inn at Longwood. We had two different rooms (we needed to add one night on to our stay). The rooms were both comfortable and the first on the 5th floor was spacious with a suite-like feel. My only complaint was about the pricing. With out daughter having surgery at Children's the hospital rate we were offered was 169 (the hospital literature says the rate is 159), but they did not have that room available and said the charge would be 179. I was able to get the same room for 146. on booking.com. I called to see if the hotel would match the rate and the front desk person was kind of rude about it. Booked online and didn't have any problems.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We loved staying at the Inn. Everybody was truly exceptional - very professional, polite and superhelpful - the cleaning staff, the receptionist, the luggage person - simply run out of their way to help you. I especially want to thank Bill Davies and Antonio (don't know the last name) - they were amazing. The Inn went out of their way to accomodate our friends who were international visitors and whose child was having a heart surgery across the street from the Childrens. Everything was clean and nice. We and the family were extremely grateful for the amazing staff at this Inn. Cannot recommend them high enough. Thank you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

During a visit to Boston Children's, we chose to stay at the Inn at Longwood Medical for two reasons:
1) location - it's literally next door to the hospital
2) recommendation - the cardiac unit a BCH recommends it

Overall, our stay was adequate - the room was clean (thanks to a bizarrely persistent cleaning staff), the desk staff friendly and helpful. However, our room had a couple of issues.

The lesser was a bathroom with no visible means of ventilation. Not only did this mean turning the hotel room into a sauna after every shower - a cold sauna, which I'll address in my next point - but it also made for an unfortunate odor, given that we were traveling with a 2-year-old.

The greater complaint was that the room was drafty and cold. At some point, the windows had been screwed shut, but weren't fully closed when that happened. Not only could we hear every street noise outside our sixth floor room, but I could feel drafts when the wind picked up. We could somewhat remedy this by turning on the heater, but that led to a situation where it was sweltering hot inside to room, cold by the window, and the heater wouldn't shut off (because it was by the window).

Plus, sauna from the shower.

Talking to other guests, it seems that this is only our room; other guests did not have this issue.

• Stayed December 2012
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here while visiting a college in Boston. Room was ok, but heat was on and couldn't see to shut it off - no lighting near controls. View nothing to write home about but it was convenient to stores, food, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife had to be at the hospital next door for brain surgery. We check in and although the hotel room was very nice, I was going to be there for over two weeks and wanted something a little bigger. I went back down to the front desk to ask for a bigger room, maybe one with a small kitchen. I met Mr. Davies at the front desk. Bill took me around to look at three or four other rooms in the hotel. Bill then asked me why I was in town and what was my concerns. I told him what was going on and that after the surgery we were going to have to stay close to hospital in case of complications for a while. Bill then said not to worry anymore and found me a much larger place to stay in the hotel apartment next door with the kitchen as well as two bedrooms. He made our stay at a hotel feel more like a stay at a second home. He may not be aware of the impact he made on my wife and I. If you need a place to stay while in this part of Boston I can not urge you enough to call Bill Davies and schedule a visit. The Longwood Grill as well as the Food Court is just downstairs so no real need for anything else.

Room Tip: They have apartments in tower next door. Awesome
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Best Western Inn at Longwood Medical is my number one choice when I stay in Boston for my medical visits. The staff is friendly, competent and caring and the hotel is immaculate and comfortable. The Inn has a nice restaurant with good breakfasts and dinners ( and I suppose lunch, too). Parking is indoor garage, convenient , steps away from the lobby.
There are two Starbucks nearby and a Bertucci's if you need them.
This hotel is connected to a Food Court which is convenient because the food court is the link to an indoor route to Children's, Dana Farber, Brigham & Womens. You can get to your appt without even donning your coat!
Bring earplugs if you get a room on the hotel's facade--sometimes the night is pierced with ambulance sirens.
Every stay has been terrific which makes my medical appts much more bearable.
Ask for the "medical rate" if you have a patient record identification card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!