Stayed here for almost 2 weeks while a relative was hospitalized at Beth Israel. Location was very convenient, only a block from the hospital (and numerous other hospitals as well). Had a floor on the 6th floor facing the street. Insulation to the street was pretty poor so the sirens from ambulances (which were pretty constant) were audible in hotel room. This was not a concern for sleep because I brought ear plugs (I would recommend this to anyone staying here). Bed was quite comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The room furnishings were in good condition, room clean, not sparkling clean but clean enough. Bathroom pretty small. Toiletries were very minimal, only soap and shampoo, no conditioner or lotion at all. Hair dryer supplied. TV channels are pretty limited but as someone else noted in their review the internet here is lightening fast so I was able to watch some TV programs online. Maintaining temperature in the room was difficult, either too cold or too hot. It was also hard keeping the water the right temp in the shower (pretty variable). Continental breakfast quite nice, served by wait staff in restaurant downstairs. The hotel restaurant downstairs was surprisingly good, had several very nice dinners there. The food court next door was handy as was the CVS adjacent to the food court. I recommend Upper crust pizza and penguin pizza if you are looking for pizza delivery. There is a large movie theatre within walking distance which can provide some much needed respite from the stress of caring for someone in the hospital.
Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again. However, if you are coming to Boston for tourism rather than medical services I would look elsewhere (not a convenient location to tourist activities).
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Boston - The Inn At Longwood Medical Hotel Boston
- Best Western Plus Boston - The Inn At Longwood Medical Hotel
- Best Western Boston
- Boston Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full-service hotel is walking distance to key area attractions such as the Fenway Park, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Children's Hospital, Brigham and Women's, Dana Farber, and Harvard Medical School, Boston University, Colleges of the Fenway Northeastern Univeristy and Boston College. Easy access on the Green Line of the MBTA public transportation. Concierge service for Historic Tours of Boston and tickets to major events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Inn at Longwood Medical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.