“Anniversary Night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Anniversary Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and were very pleased. We only live 20mins away so we know the area well, but we just wanted to get away for a night. The hotel was very clean, the staff was great checking in and out and the room was spacious. The bathroom was perfect and clean. We went to the pool and sat in the hot tub. The pool is on a middle floor and you can feel the bottom of the pool move when you walk in it so it was a weird feeling, but over all it was great. The hot tub was large and the locker rooms were great. They were very clean, the sauna was huge and the shower stalls were massive as well. We only stayed one night, but it was a great stay.

The waterfront area is changing a lot so there is more to do if you stay here. They just put up a new Legal Seafood, Jerry Remy restaurant and if you keep walking towards the city there is Whiskey Priest and Atlantic Beer Garden. My husband used to be a bouncer at the old Seaport Bar which is now the Whiskey Priest so we went there to see a band and the walk was maybe 3mins. Very up and coming area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was my first trip to Boston, and here are my takes:

1) Easy access to and from the airport.
2) Nice, clean rooms
3) Noisy, I could clearly hear people in the hall, and my neighbor talking lousy
4) Location isn't tourist friendly, you have to take several buses/trains to get to the tourist attractions
5) Nice staff

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the renaissance Boston waterfront for 6 nights in December 2012. We had a room which had two king beds in it as it was a family of four travelling, hotel is only 10 minuteds from the airport but you certainly never heard any noise from the planes. We got taxi to the hotel from the airport which was $30 and after using the T system on our return journey the four tickets only cost us $10. Hotel is modern with spacious rooms, rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels each day, shower was really powerful which is needed after sightseeing all day. The hotel location is too far away from the centre of Boston if you have kids with you, but you can walk to Boston Common in 35 minutes or so. Fabulous restaurants rights beside the hotel, the LTK serves delicious sea food and the No Name Restaurant situated on the docks, just across the road from the hotel had the best chowder and sea food served to us throughout our trip. All in all a good hotel just a bit far out

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms have lovely views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Falun, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Close to several restaurants in the waterfront area, but approx. 20 minutes walking distance from the city, via a hood which isn't "that nice" in the night... Close to the congress center. Not for the romantic stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed in a clubroom with a co-worker for a conference in November. Much closer to the airport than I thought it would be - it was a quick cab ride away.

Check-in was a breeze. Staff were quick and the lobby was beautiful.

As part of a clubroom we had access to the club lounge. This is where we ate our breakfast during our stay. Breakfast was great and had a good variety of foods each morning. We also visited the club room at the end of the day for complimentary internet service and honor bar. The staff was always welcoming and friendly.

One morning I visited the gym in the hotel. I was impressed with their equipment for a hotel gym. The door was tricky to open with my room card and I had to try it a few times.

Our room was nice and clean, I expected the club room to be larger than it was. In the bathroom there was Aveda shampoo, conditioner, soap and mouth wash. Also a hairdryer, clothing iron and mini fridge. It seemed somewhat odd to us that there was only one bath robe in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here for a holiday party/business trip. The hotel lobby is beautiful and check in was very smooth. My room was incredibly clean and very nice. I usually stay in Hilton hotels when I travel for business, so this was my first in a Marriott brand hotel in a long time. I liked the decor of the room. They provided toothpaste In the room, which I always find to be nice. The hotel is located in a nice part of Boston, it seems to have a lot of nice restaurants and bars locally. I had a great view of the waterfront and some of the skyline. It was pretty close to the airport, barely took any time to get there.

There were a few things I wasn't crazy about, like the extremely expensive charge for wifi (I think it was $13.95 for 24 hours). Also the rosemary mint toiletries had an odd smell in my opinion, though perhaps that's just me. I did think it was slightly loud, I heard a gentleman in a neighboring room sneezing 8 times while I was trying to fall asleep and I was surprised I could hear it with such clarity. I also had a hard time controlling the room temperature at first but it seemed to level out as time wore on.

The bed was very nice and had great pillows! I did sleep fairly well. Overall, it was a good trip and I enjoyed the hotel, but I think I still prefer the Hilton brand hotels. I would definitely be willing to stay here again in the future if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Outstanding modern hotel with excellent rooms and service. There is a nice concierge lounge with excellent facilities. The workout room is very good. Decent bar in the lobby which had a good atmosphere. My only complaint would be against the $40+ / night parking fee although there are parking garages nearby which are cheaper.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!