“So Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“So Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a truly amazing stay!! The staff was SO helpful (I was travelling with a lady in a wheelchair) and nothing was too much trouble. Charles in the lounge couldn't have been nicer and really made us feel at home! Our room was really spacious and the bed super cosy!! The spa is really good too - and accommodating! Definitely the only place i'll be staying next time I'm in Boston!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Favorite city in the world, favorite Intercontinental Hotel. Right on the water, 2 blocks from 2 of the best seafood places in Boston (James Hook and Barking Crab). Rooms are excellent and the views are decent as well. Definitely get the intercontinental breakfast package, its worth it. Great walking and biking city, grab a bike off the hubway and head to the north end for some Mike's.

Room Tip: The fire station on the other side of the park can be a bit noisy, get a water view room if this mig...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Mike B,

It is such a pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here with us. Thank you for your loyalty to InterContinental Boston, we hope to see you again soon!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed for only one night at this hotel, but the service and room provided was enough to make me regret not staying for a lot more time. The InterContinental is well located and provided a 5 star service since we arrived. The room was really big, modern with nice views from our large windows. The room was also quite clean. The location of the hotel close to subway stops is a big plus. Would definitely stay at this hotel again and will recommend to anyone going to Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am from Mississippi, I had never been to Boston, Massachusetts until I arrived there on January 12, 2014 and checked in at the front desk at The InteContinental in Boston, Massachusetts. I was greeted by (2) two ladies whose names are Sarah and Anna. These ladies were courteous, kind, gracious, professional and outstanding ladies, respectively. These ladies represented the very best as to what the InterContinental hopes to achieve when someone like me, visits a place for the first time and stays at the Intercontinental for the first time. I was blessed to have met Sarah and Anna. I believe each and every day is the best day and for two days, I was truly blessed. Since I am from the South and this being my first trip to Boston, Massachusetts these two ladies were as if God had allowed these ladies to become my guardian angels during my stay at the InterContinental in Boston. The room, the pillows, the bed and the room, fantastic. I never sleep when I go to another state. I started watching the television, then woke up at it was Monday, January 13, 2014. I am a simple man, and it is the people, and not the fancy building and/or the structure that make the difference. I am a bit old fashioned and I understand there are not too many people like me around, because when I first arrived I was greeted as Mr. Armstrong. I know most people prefer that, but not me, so Sarah and Anna greeted me as Mr. Gary, and that was beautiful, but Gary would have sufficed. I know my accent was a bit different that what most are accustomed to in Boston, but given that most persons are concerned about themselves first and other’s second, Sarah and Anna are not of this manner. I will be taking another trip to New Orleans, Louisiana on February 28, 2014 and I will be staying at the InterContinental. I changed my original stay from another hotel to the InterContinental. The InterContinental in Boston, Massachusetts is worth every second and every minute because of persons like Sarah and Anna, and there was another lady from Germany who was very nice and two gentlemen, one was Adam and I do not recall the other gentlemen’s name, but each were very gracious to me. Overall, everyone I met seemed to enjoy me being there more then me enjoying my being there. Additionally, I met the Ambassador and the Concierge, I never met an Ambassador or Concierge before. I was humbled and thankful for my visit and if I have a need to go to Boston again, I will stay at the InterContinental.

Room Tip: The 11th floor room 1102 is the best room, I stayed in this room, so I should know.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

When planning our company's holiday party, a big challenge we undergo is picking the 'perfect' venue every year. It's always held in a different spot and we really aim for something and someplace people will remember. In 2010, I selected Rumba -The Champagne Lounge at the Intercontinental and we struck gold! The Event Manager, Allison takes care of every detail in a timely, professional manner. She goes above and beyond all expectations! Her and her staff are welcoming, attentive, professional and they genuinely care about your event. The food was amazing! Our guests could not say enough about the food and the atmosphere. They rave about our event so much we have booked our holiday party there every year since 2010!! This past year we were going to switch venues fearing people may become bored with the same spot. At the last minute I booked Rumba again and we could not have been happier with the decision.
Thank you to Allison and her staff for making another party of ours most memorable!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear LauraTCC,

It is such a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and providing such positive feedback! The Champagne Lounge is truly one of a kind, and I’m thrilled that you have made it your annual holiday party spot. We appreciate your coming back year after year and hope to see you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights after arriving into the Port of Boston off a cruise from England. We were not familiar with the lay of the land, so we rented a car. The hotel charged us 44.00 PER DAY to park the car in their lot. I would've said forget it, let's park it somewhere else, but any parking in Boston is outrageous for one day occupancy.

The hotel itself was centrally located near the harbor. It was a few miles from the airport, but they had water taxis that could take you there between certain hours. It was nice that we were able to walk many places.

The day we arrived, we go there early, but the hotel staff tagged and stored our bags for us while we had lunch, and less than 30 minutes later, we got a phone call telling us our room was ready. It was a relief to be able to get a room before the designated check-in time, because we were exhausted from having to be up so early to wait in line to get off the ship.

The hotel staff was very accommodating, the room was huge. It was very clean as well. We ordered room service a few times while we were there too. The first order, they got wrong. However, the other times it was perfect.

Overall, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear a4zat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our proximity to both the cruise port and airport is certainly quite convenient and I’m thrilled you were able to take advantage of the City Water Taxi as well. My apologies for the original room service order mistake, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed everything else along the way and appreciate your wonderful feedback. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the hotel the beginning of December 2013 for a few days.

Hotel location is great. Situated next to the Aquarium.

Hotel room - very nice and comfortable. Clean and spacious.

Facilities - great bar for drinks in the evenings. Breakfast was very relaxed and good choice of food.

Staff - friendly and helpful, efficient and quick service.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view is nice. I expect it would be even nicer in the summer when the sun is shini...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear smartsmiler,

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay, thank you for the nice compliments of the rooms, food, staff and location. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Boston!

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Boston? Share your experiences!