“Great place for an event!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Great place for an event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

First and foremost, thank you Allison Neves for all of your help in making my group's holiday party the best EVER. I mean, people keep coming up to me saying that this was THE best party we've had!

The venue (RumBa Champagne Lounge) is beautiful as well as the food and drinks. Everything was so well prepared and thought of.

You even went the extra mile to help us book rooms for some people! Amazing!

Thank you again and yes, I highly recommend this location if you're having a party of 50 or so. I also recommend trying everything on the menu. DELICIOUS!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the IC Boston over Christmas week while in town visiting family. Had a beautiful room overlooking the harbor, and each of our interactions with the staff were great. Lisa was extremely friendly and informative at check in, Adam was a constant source of information in the lobby and Charles made our two trips to the club lounge very pleasant.
After my husband unexpectedly fell ill during the trip, we elected not to go out at all on Christmas Day. While this wasn't in our original plan, we did make it downstairs to Miel for dinner that evening and had a lovely holiday meal, which again was made even better by the excellent service we received there.
Thank you so much for a wonderful holiday and we look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed December 2013
InterConBos, Concierge at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Micheladelfina80,

It was a pleasure to assist you during your time here over Christmas! Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to assisting you in the future here at the InterContinental Boston.

Adam Castiglioni
Concierge
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel is located at the best location for the people having office in the financial district area. The staff was very helpful and ensured I was comfortable with my stay. I really liked the huge rooms and bathroom they had.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I gave this room to my daughter and her three friends for her twenty sixth birthday. I drove them down. The doorman was most helpful in letting me park in the driveway while we registered and went up. The lobby is impressive. The front desk person was very nice and gave them a very nice large room with a water view . It was a large room with a rather large bathroom as well. They brought up a refrigerator my daughter asked for.
The girls loved the location.
They loved it and my wife and I were heroes .
Ambassador Platinum Elite

Room Tip: We had 1049
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Silicon Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontinental Boston during Xmas week, in an executive suite with waterfront views. The room was really large with terrific views, two bathrooms, and very nice amenities. They greeted us with gingerbread cookies and a fruit bowl. Sweet! Wifi (4-5 MBps) was included as well as club lounge access (altho it was closed for xmas). Once it opened up, that lounge was really well-run and served light meals 3 times a day, so we went there for breakfast as well as evening dessert. The fitness center is one of the best hotel fitness centers I've ever experienced, with lots of yoga/stretching equipment, plenty of bikes and ellipticals, and large windows for a sunny view, making it a pleasure to work out there. I have always found eating out for xmas dinner is like asking for punishment, but our xmas dinner at the hotel's Miel restaurant was really fabulous, the best duck I had eaten in years.

Given that we had to travel for xmas this year, this Icon hotel made our trip really enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear mjtraveler22,

Many thanks for the wonderful review; it is truly a pleasure to read such outstanding feedback. I am thrilled that our team was able to make it a unique and enjoyable Christmas and that you were able to take advantage the many amenities our hotel has to offer. I have shared your incredible compliment with our chefs regarding the duck and overall Christmas dinner in Miel. Thank you again for sharing your great experience and please come stay with us again soon!

Ian Pullan
InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com
Oneonta, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed two nights just before Christmas. Three major issues, all regarding the front desk: inadequate/inaccurate directions that dropped me into a 4 hour stop and go traffic jam nightmare; inability to get to the wireless service, even after three contacts with the front desk, and a breakfast charge on our checkout bill that we did not incur. Very glamorous lobby and rooms, but obviously a hotel for folks on expense accounts. Large family group stayed there; there were other complaints, as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear garyabbeykoutnik,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us; I am very sorry to hear that there were some issues with your visit and I regret that the miscommunication of directions resulted in such a poor start to your visit with us. If you would be willing to contact me directly at the email address below regarding the additional issues not mentioned, I would truly appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. I wish you and your family a happy and healthy New Year and thank you in again for the constructive feedback.

Ian Pullan
InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This high-end hotel is a perfect launch point for sightseeing. We walked to the aquarium (close), Boston Common (further), and found we did not need a car. We could reach the attractions we wanted to see on foot or via subway.

The rooms (especially the bathrooms) feel luxurious. I believe the double beds are a European size -- closer to a U.S. Full, much narrower than Queen. Keep this in mind when deciding the bed count you need. The mattresses and linens were quite comfortable.

The fitness facility is well-equipped and spacious, and you must walk through it to access the pool area. They try to keep a "spa" type feel in the exercise and pool rooms, so if you have a group with lots of kids, this is not the best place for a rowdy pool gathering.

I would recommend this hotel to a couple on a romantic weekend or a business traveler. It's not as welcoming for children.

The breakfast is quite expensive, so we walked a few blocks to Panera, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks to satisfy morning appetites.

If you have a car, make arrangements to park it at an outlying train station and take public transportation to the hotel. Parking at the hotel is expensive.

Room Tip: This hotel backs to the waterfront and faces an old-fashioned fire station. Our kids enjoyed looking...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Boston? Share your experiences!